The Top 5 List Thread

Sorry I have to ruin the party, I love their Danzig era but for whatever reason the stuff that followed never clicked with me and that makes up majority of their career. Feelsbad.

well yeah i meant danzig era, like 77-83 or w/e. that’s the true misfits to me

Reactions: CiG
Oh man, I don't get how you couldn't love DK. Jello exudes wit and cynicism from every pore. I don't think any band ever skewered that 80s social convervatism better; even the riffs seem to have a weird grinning cheshire-cat quality to them.

Directors I've seen the most films by. Counting films co-directed but not segments in films.

1. Alfred Hitchcock: 46 - The Lodger, Downhill and all his talkies (not counting Mary)
2. Joel Coen: 15 - everything up to True Grit
3. Peter Jackson: 14 - everything up to the Hobbit trilogy including Forgotten Silver
4. Steven Spielberg: 12-14 approx
5. Terry Gilliam: 12 - gotta finish reading Don Quixote before I track down his latest

Just a tad one sided!

Got through Bruce Dickinson's solo stuff today. Pretty sure the first album or two turned me off a long time ago, but it was worth pushing through to the better stuff. I can definitely go here once in a while when I'm burnt out on Maiden and want something similar. Top five albums (though I only like the first two or three):
  1. Tyranny of Souls
  2. Skunkworks
  3. The Chemical Wedding
  4. Accident of Birth
  5. Tattooed Millionaire

Oldest bands I've seen live:

The Human Instinct
The Stooges
Deep Purple
Black Sabbath
...and either Budgie and Blue Öyster Cult or Uriah Heep and Frank E. Evans Band depending on whether I count when they formed or when they settled on the particular name. Some things just refuse to work out nicely to 5.

Reactions: CiG