The (Un)official Royal Carnage forum picture page

Fake Von is playing shows now? If you go to that show expecting to see Von, you'll be disappointed. It's actually "Von Venien", or so I must assume, as in the original bassist Venien who never actually even recorded anything with the band but now has decided to cash in on the band's legacy. He's the guy behind all of that stupid fucking "Von Music Group" shit. Goat/Von, the main songwriter behind everything Von, does have a new project called Von Goat, but I'm 99% sure he doesn't bill the project as Von, so I have to assume that this is "Von Venien". Von Goat will be playing the second NWN Fest (billed as Von Goat) though.

Other than that, though...jealous as fuck.

Fake Von is playing shows now? If you go to that show expecting to see Von, you'll be disappointed. It's actually "Von Venien", or so I must assume, as in the original bassist Venien who never actually even recorded anything with the band but now has decided to cash in on the band's legacy. He's the guy behind all of that stupid fucking "Von Music Group" shit. Goat/Von, the main songwriter behind everything Von, does have a new project called Von Goat, but I'm 99% sure he doesn't bill the project as Von, so I have to assume that this is "Von Venien". Von Goat will be playing the second NWN Fest (billed as Von Goat) though.

Other than that, though...jealous as fuck.
http://www.warlust.net/armageddon-fest-4-t18396p2.html says it's the old VON reunited, as does the NWN forum somewhere but this here seems to be straight from one of the organizers.
It also says Mortuary Drape won't play.

EDIT: Is it Von Veinen that started all that legal bullshit by the way?
EDIT AGAIN: seems like it, http://vonmusicgroup.wordpress.com/
fuck dat shit yo

I've read that it's "the original lineup", but I don't know how this is to be true since 1) Goat and Venien/Veinen however he chooses to spell it don't seem to get along, 2) the "original" lineup never even recorded anything, and 3) Snake has nothing to do with metal any more. But who the fuck knows, maybe it really is Von/Veinen/Vennt (the original lineup) or Goat/Kill/Snake (the recording lineup). I remain skeptical though, only time will tell. Not that it matters because I won't be going anyway.

anyway i really don't understand all this THE DEVIL'S BLOOD fascination amongst the black metal folk

maybe the new black metal trend is going to be writing half-heartedly about occult shit, smoking weed and wearing funny pants

so metal comes full circle at last

anyway i really don't understand all this THE DEVIL'S BLOOD fascination amongst the black metal folk

maybe the new black metal trend is going to be writing half-heartedly about occult shit, smoking weed and wearing funny pants

so metal comes full circle at last

Agreed, I haven't heard them at all though because I believe the hype is unfounded. I could be wrong I suppose.

Excellent analysis at the end, hadn't thought about that!

Agreed, I haven't heard them at all though because I believe the hype is unfounded. I could be wrong I suppose.

they try really hard to sound like they're from 1975, down to emulating the sound of the equipment etc etc, and i always feel that it's dishonest to try and be something you're not down to the last detail

so yeah maybe they write good songs, i don't know because it's all plastic, lame and weak to me

SluttyChick-360w.jpg

The Traveling Man, a sculpture in the Deep Ellum part of Dallas. I went, I saw, I took pics, and I did not get mugged! :eek:

Too hot today for muggers.

DSC09986.jpg

DSC09980.jpg

I like my old timey versions more. Kind of has a Metropolis feel.
DSC09977ab.jpg

DSC09980a.jpg

He travels, see! :p
DSC09988a.jpg