The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

That quake woke the absolute shit out of me. Probably the second biggest one I've felt since the Northridge earthquake.

Pissed as fuck, got scammed on Ebay. I bought a Boss HM-2 pedal (responsible for the guitar sound in Swedish Death Metal for those of you who don't already know) and the description clearly said "made in Japan" when of course it's the shittier made in Taiwan version.

The first 20 seconds is relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiB7ny52-xw#t=57

and i normally don't use gifs but the look on his face was priceless.
rs_297x300-140317130009-schauble.gif

Drinking Coffee. I wake up and take a shower everyday and have to see my small circumcised penis........ It will never be any bigger. I hate having to take a piss. I'm going to start pissing my pants.

so I had my car towed to the shop last night. This thing has been nothing but a money pit. I don't even know what it could be this time. Could be the compressor, thermostat, pulleys... luckily, my mechanic is super honest and very thorough. He said he probably won't even get to it until tomorrow, which is fine because my girlfriend is out of town, so I'm using her car. I'm still gonna go over there when they open just to explain it to him in person and to give him the keys

When you say money pit, just how much money do you mean? There comes a time when junking your old car and buying a new (used) one is the smarter investment.

I did a $1000 repair on my Ford Escape last week, but if I can limit total maintenance on this thing (160,000 miles on it so far) to $1500 a year, I'll keep it. Any more, and I may make a switch. It already needs new tires, but since it survived the winter and it's Spring now, there won't be as much a safety issue with them.

Some cars aren't worth keeping, some are. Not having a payment is a big plus unless the maintenance costs are more than a payment and will prob stay that way. I don't see the benefit in buying anything made since 2010 over something made between 2000-2010, if it's a good make/model, in fact it can be considered a backwards trend. All the bells and whistles added on are just one more (very expensive) thing to break. Vehicle engineering and fuel efficiency hasn't really significantly improved if you already had a Honda or Toyota or something from that timeframe and it has been taken care of.