The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Gotta love it when youre at work and the program you have been working in all day decides to crash and none of your work gets saved.

Hello, Monday. <3

Periodic backups, son.

I had one of those Mondays too, man. My dog shit like a fountain all over the floor, while I was cooking. Smoke alarms, panic attack, the whole 9.

Not fun, not fun at all.

My Monday also sucked. Mowed 2 yards in the rain, then my fresh pulled teeth had some bone sticking out through the gums so I went to the dentist at 1. He said "I'm gonna just smooth it down for you", numbed me half-assedly, then straight up clipped the bone off. At least a 1/4 inch, and it wasn't as numb as it should have been. Fuck that. I took it like a man getting raped in prison, but it hurt. Metal as fuck...? I guess?

My face hole hurts.

Yikes I had no idea bikes could be that expensive!

That moment when your developmentally disabled client asks if your supervisor is retarded. Is it Friday yet?

Jimmy, I hear ya...But when I bomb down Mammoth mountain, like I will in a few weeks, I want something that climbs good, glides around the burms, can take the jumps, and handle my bombing descent down a rocky mountainside. And you are looking at spending atleast 2k for a bike like that.

F_D, Bikes can be even more expensive...My buddy's dad rides a Specialized Carbon S-Works thats over 10k...

Krig, id recommend building your bike then. You could get a bike thats 4k, over the span of a year or 2. You already have a bike now right?

I don't even know how to build a bike.
I have a 2012 Trek Cobia.
Wish I lived in a better area. Springfield, IL is boring. I have to drive 90 minutes to ride anything decent.
Don't get me wrong, I still have fun. Just not super exciting.

I don't even know how to build a bike.
I have a 2012 Trek Cobia.
Wish I lived in a better area. Springfield, IL is boring. I have to drive 90 minutes to ride anything decent.
Don't get me wrong, I still have fun. Just not super exciting.

Its really not that complicated. Nothing that YouTube cant show you what to do.

Yeah man, Ive seen pictures of the trails you ride and they really are kinda weak...Youd go ape shit with the many trails out here in the Santa Monica Mountains.

One last thing, when you get a few minutes watch a little of the movie I posted above. Youll love it.

coming from the perspective of a hiker and backpacker, for you mountain bikers, please slow down around corners. I've been on some narrow, steep trails only to have bikers come tearing around the corner headed in the opposite direction towards me and almost take me out.

I'm glad I invested in some Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro cans. They certainly beat my old retired Grados on comfort, massively in fact. Similar in terms of sq, maybe very slightly worse but with better bass.