The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

They take pretty much anyone iirc. I don't really think that matters very much in the long run but I'd rather join the Air Force where they reject shitty people. Then again, not speaking from experience.

Laundrettes win.
Spent half an hour talking with some weird dude I met when I was drunk, and he sniffed one of my flatmates and we had a discussion about getting a posse of her clones, and spent another half an hour talking to finnish dude about various things.

the idea of having female flatmates excites me wildly tbh.
It'd be like
'surprise surprise :heh:'

I really disliked college, probably main reason being that I didn't have a clue for a major, and I didn't want to be the guy that works 50 hrs a week and just parties, it's going nowhere. So i'm hoping I like military life enough to do at least 20 years(retirement pension) and do some shitty gov't job after that and die.

And I got 40,000$ for joining too, that's a good motivation :p

Don't die. Personally, I would never join the army--besides fundamental ideological differences I have with the military, I also do not want to be (directly) responsible for the death of others.

They take pretty much anyone iirc. I don't really think that matters very much in the long run but I'd rather join the Air Force where they reject shitty people. Then again, not speaking from experience.

They may take a lot of people, but it takes intelligence and hard work to get promoted. Anyone who's above E5 or so is generally not retarded. Not to mention, the army is the hardest one to make it in, save maybe the Marines.
My dad was in the army for 21 years, so I know quite a bit about it.

The military rejects anyone who gets below a certain ASVAB score, so those 'shitty people' don't get in.

Of course, some people become shitty while serving

Air Force rules, so much better than Army tbh. Not really speaking from experience, but the Army has shit standards.

Problem is, USAF has too many people while the US Army has too few people

Claim Jumper, whatever the fuck that is. Apparently it's a traditional American restaurant chain out West. Maybe you've heard of it?

Bored, reading about the Mi'kmaq on wikipedia. And also reading about the theory that they got their writing from the Egyptians.

I was going to go to bed early, on account of working late last night, and working early today...but I haven't been able to sleep, and now that I know there's no point...coffee time!

Mathiäs;7715320 said:
Shoulda joined the Air Force

Air Force rules, so much better than Army tbh. Not really speaking from experience, but the Army has shit standards.

the only difference in Air Force is that the ASVAB requirement is about 5 points to get accepted, and passing Army is like 32 or something. Air Force also has twice as many people as it needs so people are getting discharged often, they don't offer high bonuses and they don't promise you a job. I am not signing a contract for 4 years if I do not have a job promised to me.

@Nec;

grunts are marines

edit;

and for all the don't die stuff, I probably will be 'fine'. My job basically requires me to sit in a little storage unit(what it looks like :lol:) and track trajectories and find out where to set off artillery.