The Whining and Bitching Thread

I can't go over to see her, she lives an hour south of me (around Boston) and I don't have my own car to do that with. The relationship is usually dependent on her to drive, which is unfortunate but usually works pretty well.

Anyway we discussed this yesterday and had a great day apart from the discussion on top of that. This happens a lot though, but I have it on good faith that the discussion we had made a difference. Essentially, she was angry for reasons unrelated to her trauma, and unrelated to me, so she wanted to clear that up first. I told her that pushing me away to "spare me" from her bad feelings is really just destructive and explained why. After that I got her to agree with me that we need to try something else when we get in those kind of moods (cuz I sometimes do too): I told her instead of pushing me away, she can give me a quick phone call, sound understanding and sensitive about it, and just let me know that all is well between us and the source of the bad mood is external to the relationship, and to just mention that either of us want to be alone for a while and we'll be fine in the morning/a few hours. She liked the sound of it and thanked me immensely. :)

Good call dude, glad you guys were able to improve your communication.

Ugh, UM is the only site I'm even able to connect to right now for some reason. Our internet connection is so fucked up.

Only Skype and UM even work.

I'm pissed off with everyone drooling over the electric tampon Apple have announced. Its an oversized I-phone... it really is just that. Its not even able to run 2 apps at once. I mean seriously...

My roommate is the biggest Apple-tard on campus, and he's been orgasming non-stop over this piece of junk. Calling it an oversized iPhone is giving it too much credit, since it can't even make phone calls. It's a gigantic iPod Touch designed to fill the market price gap between the iPhone and the MacBook. Apple takes existing products from other brands, makes it shiny, then tacks a few hundred more dollars to the price.

You people are getting way too excited by this thing. You're acting like Steve Jobs said "every man, woman and child will own one of these by 2011 or get a bullet in the back of the head."

Honestly, it looks pretty cool..it reminds me of that brain scan monitor that they used in Avatar..while I won't be getting an iPad because I don't fucking need that shit, it does makes me excited about the future

But I will agree with the majority that the iPad really is quite useless and impractical and would be bought for no other reason that to show off..it is cool nonetheless

You people are getting way too excited by this thing. You're acting like Steve Jobs said "every man, woman and child will own one of these by 2011 or get a bullet in the back of the head."

Well we'll see who got "way too excited" when 2011 rolls around... :lol:

Honestly I don't give a shit.

Yeah honestly its just a big ITouch....

now if it had os x and a cd drive, usb hubs ect....Then I would get one IMMEDIATELY. because that would be fucking AWESOME,

then again, ill probably get one, seeing that they start at 499$

Yeah that thing definitely looks more experimental than practical right now. It doesn't support Flash either, wtf? But I could imagine it eventually becoming a palatable alternative to people who happen to want something even lighter/quicker-to-use than a netbook, and don't mind looking at a 10" screen with smudges all over it.

I'll stick with my netbook though.