The Whining and Bitching Thread

Mort: Facebook was invented for this exact reason. Presumably you know her name and/or have mutual friends. I'm not saying you should ask her out via facebook, but you can at least keep some contact. Similar situation happened to me recently and she sent me a message right after I added her. It's also a good way to see if she's going to that party and if not a way to invite her.

Uh...didn't you recently freak out about having potentially knocked up some chick? I feel like I missed something.

Oh, we found out she isn't pregnant so all is good.

Mort: Facebook was invented for this exact reason. Presumably you know her name and/or have mutual friends. I'm not saying you should ask her out via facebook, but you can at least keep some contact. Similar situation happened to me recently and she sent me a message right after I added her. It's also a good way to see if she's going to that party and if not a way to invite her.

Aye, I tried that already. I know the girls first name, and the person who I know who knows her doesn't have a facebook so kind of out of luck there.

David will prevail eventually.

I think what I'll do is have a party of sorts at my house and just invite the girl whose house the party last night was at and say hey bring [name here] with you :cool:

Well, no and no.

Nothing is happening right now, talking to a girl at a party and wanting to continue to talk to her is completely fine. >>

So today i had a follow-up appointment with my doctor at the hospital. After my doctor examined me and checked the blood test results, he told me you can go home, but as i was leaving, guess who i see passing in front of me, the nurse that i have crush on her. We said hi to each other and sat down, talked a little bit. She's really a cool nurse, We have a lot in common, like she likes Cliff Burton and old Metallica, she likes doom metal which was a surprise, she watches the Italian football league, her favorite tennis player is Raffael Nadal... We could've talked more, but she had to look after some patients. So we said goodbye and i drove home. Now i'm saying to myself, i wish she was younger than me or at my age.

So today i had a follow-up appointment with my doctor at the hospital. After my doctor examined me and checked the blood test results, he told me you can go home, but as i was leaving, guess who i see passing in front of me, the nurse that i have crush on her. We said hi to each other and sat down, talked a little bit. She's really a cool nurse, We have a lot in common, like she likes Cliff Burton and old Metallica, she likes doom metal which was a surprise, she watches the Italian football league, her favorite tennis player is Raffael Nadal... We could've talked more, but she had to look after some patients. So we said goodbye and i drove home. Now i'm saying to myself, i wish she was younger than me or at my age.
I'm telling you...get yourself injured. Just be smart, because they can spot a self-inflicted gunshot wound from the powder burns.

I didn't even know perseverate was a word.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseveration

WELL NOW YOU KNOW YOU CAN BANG YOU HEAD AGAINST THE TABLE SAFE IN THE KNOWLDEGE THAT YOU'RE BANGING YOUR HEAD INTO THE PATH OF GREATNESS.

Treading a fine line broseph

Yeah, well, we'll see how it goes on the 13th. Got a party me and the girl'll be at so I've got a chance to redeem myself for my fuck up.

I guess she actually showed up at my work today asking if I was there, but it turned out that she should have come about like 2 hours later because my shift hadn't started yet.

Guess she told her friend who told my friend she was a bit disappointed that I didn't walk her to her house or give her my number, but hey man redemption is available soon :cool:

Trying to get numbers and walking girls home aren't really things guys in a relationship do.

You already have a girlfriend, and problems will arise.

well. yeah. but ... that's not an issue at the moment.

i've got some realistic doubts about things right now because i don't really know how we'll fare without me moving out there, and from a purely financial viability standpoint there's no way it'll work. i mean maybe we'll make bills and rent on time, but should i get hurt and have to take time off work? if some major medical issue happens (because mind you she'll have insurance, not me) we'll be fucked money wise.

i just don't want to go out there and be like "hey lets do this" and have it be ruined because we aren't prepared.

i'm just not sure how long it could work with me not moving out there, because i'm thinking the only way i'll be able to financially is if i get promoted at work or get a better paying job, and lets be honest i'm not getting one until i finish at least an associates degree program.

i'm torn between it wanting to work and my thoughts that it won't work. sure i should be working towards making it work, but for now i just am really uncertain.

besides i'm not even 100% i do want to move, because if i do then there goes any social life and any chance to just go out and do random shit because there'll be no way we'll be able to aford anything much really. money will go to bills and thats that.

two 19/18 year olds one with a 8.00 an hour job and the other jobless (even if she gets a job it'll probably be minimum wage as she's never held a job before) won't make it on their own.

is what i'm doing a shit thing? probably. do i care about my girlfriend? yes, but i think it would be kind of shitty to drag something out when i don't see it going anywhere.

sure no one is going into every relationship expecting it to work, but when you're nearly certain it is a dead end why continue it? what good is it to drive a car repeatedly into a brick wall?

i don't know what i'm going to do but i told this by a friend

*well, if you continue to just be bored with it, you will fuck up a lot worse in the future >_> so just get whatever it is out of your system now, i.e. telling her that you need some time to think about things, etc. or whatever it is that you're going to tell her and then do w/e