The Whining and Bitching Thread

Economy down the shitter = Need of higher degrees = better chance at getting a job = why you certainly fucking *should* get a masters degree or even better, a Ph.D

Which is why you pay it off, because your going to have to in the long run. In some way of course. Better find a job whenever you can that is.

<bitch mode on>

Why the fuck are all the jobs either some shitty McDonalds worker or required 5+ years in the industry? I graduated college in May and still don't have a job. Just three interviews in that span of time. All I want is something that pays 25-30k a year, isn't too terrible of a commute and preferably coincides with my finance degree.

Too much to ask for I suppose.

<bitch mode off>

What did you study?
What job are you trying to get?
Where did you interview?

When I was unemployed, I actually applied to work at Taco Bell and other fast food joints and never got calls back from people (presumably because I was overqualified for those positions).

This is probably the worst time to be job searching/graduating because the market is so crappy. You might have to make do with either a part time job or seasonal work until you find something.

Sometimes, it's also not what you know, but who you know. Knowing the right people can get you jobs that you might not previously have thought you could get. I got my current job because my girlfriend (who was only a friend at the time) dropped my name to some supervisors and told them to be on the look out for my resume to come up in the queue.

If you think you are overqualified and are out of a job go to your local Walgreens and apply as a manager or something. Seriously.

I actually enjoy my job. My only complaints are that I'm being paid about half of what I feel is the minimum that I should be making, and there are zero opportunities to meet people. There are other people my age, but they all either smoke, are married or engaged, or have at least one kid. That's the biggest culture shock I've experienced since graduation, even compared to the difficulty of finding a job, because at least I had some warning about that.

In fact, it would be nice if there was some type of orientation committee to help people prepare for this. Adults were so over-dramatic about preparting us to go to college, but everyone treats graduation and getting a job like it's no big deal. Admittedly, the career services office did mention that the job market was shit, but it would have been considerate if anyone had thought to mention that as soon as you graduate, you probably won't get laid again until you return for grad school.

Economy down the shitter = Need of higher degrees = better chance at getting a job = why you certainly fucking *should* get a masters degree or even better, a Ph.D

I don't think higher degrees are the answer to the economy being down the shitter. Everyone would get Masters and doctorates and then there still wouldn't be enough jobs for everyone.

Besides there is no point in getting a Ph.D in anything unless you are going to be a professor or maybe you just LOOOVE academia and prolonging your childhood?

Not trolling but what is your Masters in?

well yeah who wouldn't want that, but I guess I meant more "delaying your foray into the full time job market and racking up tuition costs"

rant: came into work today, went into the bathroom to put on makeup and a student came running in screaming "OTOGERI" ("simultaneous diarrhea/vomiting") and I heard the nurse talking about it. I hope I don't catch it, that would be terrible.

I don't think higher degrees are the answer to the economy being down the shitter. Everyone would get Masters and doctorates and then there still wouldn't be enough jobs for everyone.

Besides there is no point in getting a Ph.D in anything unless you are going to be a professor or maybe you just LOOOVE academia and prolonging your childhood?

Not trolling but what is your Masters in?

Need one to practice Psychology to :/

Pretty drunk. Almost got into a fight tonight with a creepy dude that i used to hang around with when i was a kid. Started being ignorant to my wife then talking shit to a friend for no reason. I fucking HATE people like that.

I've kind of realized it is horrifically pathetic that I judge how generally good my day is based on whether or not work sucked that day or not, and more often than not it is awful.

I'm generally completely unhappy with my life, and need to make a serious change because this isn't fucking working anymore.

^^ I Know exactly what you mean man,every day is like groundhog day,sometimes it's even fucking worse than groundhog day,especially when retards piss you off,I guess it just comes down to how bad you need that job...I'm stuck in the most mundane,boring job ever only because i'm paying off a house,even though IMO the worst job in the world is better than the dole/welfare IMO.Fuck industrialisation i say!!

Work sucks. This is why I want to be a journalist and get paid to watch sports and interview athletes all the time. That job = win.

I find it astounding how expensive vehicles are. Unless I'm making killer money one day, there's no way I'll be able to buy a brand new car, let alone multiple brand new cars. I just don't see how automakers make so much money. The only people I know who have bought brand new cars lately is the owner of the company I work for and his son, and those are "company vehicles" so they didn't pay shit for them.

Oh and that reminds me. Where the fuck does someone get off blowing $80,000 dollars on company vehicles and then bitch every day about how we need to make more money? Or how about buying multiple 55" LCD tvs for their home and shit? Stupid remarks like, "It's either lights or wages!" are about to put me over the top where I tell these people to choke on a dick.

I've kind of realized it is horrifically pathetic that I judge how generally good my day is based on whether or not work sucked that day or not, and more often than not it is awful.

I'm generally completely unhappy with my life, and need to make a serious change because this isn't fucking working anymore.

What happened to that random girl you met?