The Whining and Bitching Thread

Exactly. People shouldn't care if their statements are "offensive" or "racist."

Correction: people shouldn't have to care, but many times, you do have to care if you don't want a ton of unneeded baggage to go along with what is essentially intended to be a harmless comment. I don't care whether or not it's right to be so conscious of what we're saying, but frankly it's stupid not to be careful in this society, especially with respect to making sure you're using the right vernacular in front of the right group.

I do believe in superior and inferior cultures, so in that sense maybe I am a racist (talking about actual skin colour is stupid of course). Obviously no sociologist would claim anything of the sort, but claiming that certain things can be measured on a scale of value, while certain other things all of a sudden can not, is just PC bullshit in my opinion.

That is true. I felt amazing when I had a job, even though I did not like it at all. And the one thing that I absolutely hated was that we could not call for our schedules. They refused to do it over the phone and we would have to go up there. Are all places like that?
It depends on your area and the experience of your employer. Where I work, we're not allowed to give schedule information over the phone unless the caller is asking about their own schedule and we recognize their voice. In an area like yours, it makes sense that they would be strict about this, because sometimes people will call for an employee's schedule so they can show up ahead of time on the right day and time to jump the person.

I do believe in superior and inferior cultures, so in that sense maybe I am a racist (talking about actual skin colour is stupid of course). Obviously no sociologist would claim anything of the sort, but claiming that certain things can be measured on a scale of value, while certain other things all of a sudden can not, is just PC bullshit in my opinion.

Actually I'm pretty sure some Sociologists would agree, just look at the various cultures throughout history and compare them at similar periods.

It depends on your area and the experience of your employer. Where I work, we're not allowed to give schedule information over the phone unless the caller is asking about their own schedule and we recognize their voice. In an area like yours, it makes sense that they would be strict about this, because sometimes people will call for an employee's schedule so they can show up ahead of time on the right day and time to jump the person.

I don't work anymore and the area I live in is not that bad. I personally live in a nice neighborhood. And where I used to work at was not bad at all. Every area has it's downfall, but where my school is located and the amount of kids that attend, is a little off. I don't care though. I don't go there to make friends, please people, and impress. This is my last year and I already have the friends I want. As of right now, I don't see any room for these retards.

AWESOME. I think you're the first other person on this forum to mention Goratory except Andy/Nick dismissing them. Good stuff. I like you.

Goratory is the stuff. I just started to listen to them. Maybe for like 8 months so far. Severed Fuck Stump and Preschool Prowler were the first two songs that I heard and was completely hooked on them. Oh, thanks. You are a neat person yourself, very funny.

Damnit, the guy at the local record store wasn't able to get Belus for me.

He said the place where he normally orders shit from didn't have it.
Strange.

Ordered something that required (as per the instructions) 4 more washers than it included (also as per the assembly hardware breakdown). Wtf. You would think someone would notice that they instruct you to use 16 washers but only include 12.

Goratory is the stuff. I just started to listen to them. Maybe for like 8 months so far. Severed Fuck Stump and Preschool Prowler were the first two songs that I heard and was completely hooked on them. Oh, thanks. You are a neat person yourself, very funny.

I saw Orgasm Induced Diarrhea in my local used CD store. It was in a jewel case that had previously belonged to a very different CD, because there was a little sticker on the front panel saying "now on tour with Chumbawamba" and then there was the artwork...caught my attention. Also bought Sexual Intercorpse, which is an awesomely horrible pun.

So I've complained about people asking "do you work here?" a lot. But today...today someone looked at me and started to say "do you work here?" and then said "you don't work here, right?"
OH
MY
FUCKING
GOD
WHERE THE FUCK DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM?

We have a photo fun day planned for tomorrow and I am stuck working it. Greaaattt. I don't even know what the fuck is going on at my store as I've not been there for about 3 days and I have to do some bullshit where I have to wear nice clothes and try to sell people magazine cover 8x10s.

For each one I sell I do get a dollar but still...

I saw Orgasm Induced Diarrhea in my local used CD store. It was in a jewel case that had previously belonged to a very different CD, because there was a little sticker on the front panel saying "now on tour with Chumbawamba" and then there was the artwork...caught my attention. Also bought Sexual Intercorpse, which is an awesomely horrible pun.

So I've complained about people asking "do you work here?" a lot. But today...today someone looked at me and started to say "do you work here?" and then said "you don't work here, right?"
OH
MY
FUCKING
GOD
WHERE THE FUCK DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM?

My latest response is to either give a cinematic glance to my nametag, or to give them the biggest smile, warmest handshake, introduce myself by name, ask for theirs,and then tell them I'll call someone from the back to help them right away.

This lady named Sue comes in a couple times a week and calls me the most hilarious names if I forget my name tag.

So my ipod decided it needed to restore itself AGAIN. I'm on the verge of throwing this piece of shit into the street. WHY THE FUCK does it decide to do this once every 3 months it seems, i make sure its updated and it still continues to fuck me over. Fuck you up the ass Apple.