The Whining and Bitching Thread

My issue comes from working in retail and customer services. We seem to reward customers for the wrong behaviours. If a person comes in and is friendly and pleasant to deal with they get no special discounts or anything other than what we are promoting. If another customer comes in, rants and raves, jumps up and down over a company policy we have to bend over backwards to accomodate them and give them discounts etc that ordinarily they would not be entitled to.

The other issue with retail as I see it is due to corporate policy if a customer yells and swears at me, calls me abusive names and gets very insulting I am only allowed to politely ask them to stop what they are doing, I am not allowed to ask them to leave the store or refuse to serve them.

Somebody calls me a lying cunt in person I have options, in store all I can do is say "thank you for your opinion sir, may I offer you a 10% discount with that?"

I work in a 5 star hotel bar. A few weeks ago, I had a customer come in and be an absolute prick to me infront of other customers. When he was about to leave, the conversation went like this:

Me: *muttered under breath, loud enough for him to hear* Fuckin' idiot
Him: WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?
Me: You heard me asshole, I called you a fucking idiot.
*Other customers snicker*
Him: I WANT TO TALK TO YOUR FUCKING SUPERVISOR!
Me: Go for it, she's right here. I don't care.

He started swearing at my supervisor and called her incompetent and was being really racist to her (she's Thai). Either way, I thought I was going to get fired for swearing at a customer but I didn't. Turns out that this dude was staying in the hotel for the next 10 days. He came in another time at a later date and I was working, he saw me, ordered a drink quietly with his head bowed down as I stared dead straight at his eyes. He just avoided my gaze, charged the drink to his room and even tipped me and went elsewhere to consume it.