The Whining and Bitching Thread

Are you on Microsoft customer service? It is pretty hard to do an Indian accent all day..

programming. i'm in between projects right now and the boss is making us learn all this shit while we have nothing else to do. let's just say i'm not at the top of my class.

college programming:
"ooh look, i made a recursive algorithm! let's solve a maze!"

corporate programming:
"once you get your app server, database engine and fifty billion code frameworks installed and configured, i want you to write the business layer for this web-based messaging service following the latest 500-page EJB specification, and make nightly dumps to the team's SVN repository. and good luck figuring out how to do it all because the documentation is out of date, the example code is broken, and your coworkers suck at teaching."

You need to start with gharials. I want to wrestle one down one day because they look so stupid.

Anyway, cross training is a bitch. I know 4 different lines of business in my department right now (and bits and pieces of two more) and at some point I'm going to be learning another full LOB. What sucks is that the boss puts you on a line of business for a bit by yourself once you're done training and then pulls you off for a month to do something else and then you're rusty when you go back to the other line of business.

Fuck work.

Annoyed with people on ebay.

Let's see, I put the "or best offer" option on my auction. This guy wants two dollars off my buy it now price? What a fucking jackass. I'll counteroffer him .25 off the original buy it now price.

Offer declined, you cunt.

zabu of nΩd;9588129 said:
programming. i'm in between projects right now and the boss is making us learn all this shit while we have nothing else to do. let's just say i'm not at the top of my class.

college programming:
"ooh look, i made a recursive algorithm! let's solve a maze!"

corporate programming:
"once you get your app server, database engine and fifty billion code frameworks installed and configured, i want you to write the business layer for this web-based messaging service following the latest 500-page EJB specification, and make nightly dumps to the team's SVN repository. and good luck figuring out how to do it all because the documentation is out of date, the example code is broken, and your coworkers suck at teaching."

Thou hast become Dilbert.

Gay people annoys me. Just because Im a hot guy with long hair doesn't mean that I want their cock up the ass.