The Whining and Bitching Thread

BUMP

I'm having a little problem in my English class. Today was the second session and i'm already getting irritated by my teacher. We were writing thesis statements in class and she was checking our work one by one. Three quarter of the class did it right and others had some mistakes and after she checked their work everyone corrected their mistakes. Then came my turn, she read my thesis statement and didn't like it and told me to correct it. I said okay and corrected it but still she didn't like it. After 5 times correction she still didn't like it. Then i gave up. I sensed she was creating mistakes on purpose.

Now the important part. As we were writing our thesis statement, she was taking the attendance. She called my name and i said present. Now that the class was over, i went home and don't know what struck my mind to check my system. So i checked the attendences section and found out that she has put me as absent on 28 Febraury, which is today, i got really furious when i saw this. I thought of reacting and telling her to change it when i see her again, but maybe if i tell her, this will further destroy our relationship. I think i need your suggestion before i do something stupid. So, should i react or just be patient and wait.

Does attendance count for grades? If so, just point it out. It's probably a mistake, not intentional. Try to be nice to her; if she continues with the bitchiness, then maybe there is a real problem, but if not, then she was probably just having a bad day or something and didn't mean anything by it.

BUMP

I'm having a little problem in my English class. Today was the second session and i'm already getting irritated by my teacher. We were writing thesis statements in class and she was checking our work one by one. Three quarter of the class did it right and others had some mistakes and after she checked their work everyone corrected their mistakes. Then came my turn, she read my thesis statement and didn't like it and told me to correct it. I said okay and corrected it but still she didn't like it. After 5 times correction she still didn't like it. Then i gave up. I sensed she was creating mistakes on purpose.

Now the important part. As we were writing our thesis statement, she was taking the attendance. She called my name and i said present. Now that the class was over, i went home and don't know what struck my mind to check my system. So i checked the attendences section and found out that she has put me as absent on 28 Febraury, which is today, i got really furious when i saw this. I thought of reacting and telling her to change it when i see her again, but maybe if i tell her, this will further destroy our relationship. I think i need your suggestion before i do something stupid. So, should i react or just be patient and wait.

Tell her, but be nice about it. If she acts condescending towards you at that point, then you know you've got problems.

Does attendance count for grades? If so, just point it out. It's probably a mistake, not intentional. Try to be nice to her; if she continues with the bitchiness, then maybe there is a real problem, but if not, then she was probably just having a bad day or something and didn't mean anything by it.

Yeah it counts. I think it's 10%.

I will try to tell her tomorrow after class and see what happens.

Man that sounds suspicious. If you think she's really out to screw you over, then maybe you should tell her boss what's happening (though that could make things worse for you depending on whose side her boss takes). But yeah ask her about the attendance thing tomorrow.

zabu of nΩd;9688771 said:
(though that could make things worse for you depending on whose side her boss takes).

Do you people not have school boards where you live? Holy fuck.

Sevag: If her boss "takes her side", then go to the school board for your high-school/college/university/whatever it is you're in. There's no "side" to take here. She marked you absent when you were there, which is a blatant falsification of facts.

There are school boards "where I live", I've just never seen one in session and I didn't know that resolving disputes like that was part of their role. And of course I am not well versed in the school politics of Lebanon.

zabu of nΩd;9688771 said:
Man that sounds suspicious. If you think she's really out to screw you over, then maybe you should tell her boss what's happening (though that could make things worse for you depending on whose side her boss takes). But yeah ask her about the attendance thing tomorrow.

Yeah. It sounds suspicious. She called my name, i said present and then she put me as absent. I have a class with her in a few hours. So, i 'll talk to her after class and see what happens.

Do you people not have school boards where you live? Holy fuck.

Sevag: If her boss "takes her side", then go to the school board for your high-school/college/university/whatever it is you're in. There's no "side" to take here. She marked you absent when you were there, which is a blatant falsification of facts.

Yes, we have school boards. Although, I can talk to the director if she refuses to change it.

Well, i talked to her and she told me that she can't change it because she has already put it in the online system but she'll take it into account. She then told me that she thought my name was something else and put my real name as absent, which is a pile of bullshit that i didn't buy, since when she called my name i raised my hand and said present. Anyway, i will wait and see what happens next. If things turn ugly, i will definitely withdraw the course and sign up with another teacher next semester.

What don't you like? I love the city itself but a lot of the people are douchebags. Almost got into a barfight with some Quebecois asshole on Nuit Blanche, and the city seems to be about 30% skinheads. Also it's fuckin' cold.

What don't you like? I love the city itself but a lot of the people are douchebags. Almost got into a barfight with some Quebecois asshole on Nuit Blanche, and the city seems to be about 30% skinheads. Also it's fuckin' cold.

Cold is right. I'm not a big fan of French people either, most of them act likes jerks to me.