The Whining and Bitching Thread

Shit, you elitist fucks need to take some time to check out that insistent butthurt of yours. You're complaining about a country that has put out so many good metal bands in the last two decades it's not even funny. I bet you look down on those of us with short hair as well.

Finland metal is becoming mainstream. Soon they will be autotuning their voices and using computerized beats. Just you wait. To deviate from the mood of this thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finland metal is becoming mainstream. Soon they will be autotuning their voices and using computerized beats. Just you wait. To deviate from the mood of this thread:

As if it wasn't mainstream already :lol: Most (known) finnish metal sucks. Full of shitty and generic melodeath bands and cheap Nightwish-copies.

COB is one of the few spineshit-bands that are actually good/listenable, but the amout of copycats they have around here is ridiculous. 90% of starting young metal bands here try to copy COB, Ensiferum, Kalmah and stuff like that. Mostly COB.

Finland gave us Nespithe, Slumber of Sullen Eyes, World Without God, Shadows of the Past, and motherfucking Musta Seremonia you ungrateful whores.

slugathor.jpg

There is a distinctive chord progression/melody that is found in 51koodia, Poets of the Fall, and Sonata Arctica songs - probably a bunch of other bands use it too. I wonder if they all swap spit while writing their music.

Finland is cool though, Nokia phones have excellent battery life and every country has its own mainstream-mediocre "metal" bands to contend with.

I love finland because I'm heterosexual and able to ignore the crappy stuff. This way I realize there were (and are) like 100 great bands there.

Arrived in Chicago four and a half hours after originally scheduled :|

When I got to the airport it was already delayed an hour and 10 minutes, so I sat around waiting for 3 hours. Then we finally take off etc, about 2/3 of the way through I see something going on in the front, the attendants get on the intercom asking if there's a doctor or nurse on board, someone gets up yadda yadda. We end up stopping in Des Moines, Iowa, ambulance takes the person out, but then they decide to get refueled and other shit, and it took like an hour and a half of just sitting there and waiting. Finally got there, and then waiting for the baggage took forever. Got home (aka across the street from the airport) at like 2:45 am.

Oh and I got a fucking B in German :|