The Whining and Bitching Thread

They don't provide you with gloves?

Or you don't bring your own gloves in?

You can wear gloves, but thin latex gloves tend to rip easily when boxes have broken jewelry in them (most clothing stores have some kind of trashy storebrand junk jewelry), and any heavier types of gloves make it extremely difficult to sort things.

Find a better job, fuck!

It sounds bad, I know... but it's five days a week, a ten minute drive every morning, full time, and I'm home every day by 3. No work on weekends or holidays and I'm making a dollar over minimum wage. I'd like to stick around there until I find a job that actually pays alot more or start taking some kind of schooling in the evenings.

I work at Walgreens. After unloading the truck we put out everything that was on it. Involves a lot of bending and kneeling to get at lower shelves and tearing open cardboard boxes, which has gotten me a couple tiny annoying cuts on my hands already. Your job sounds shittier, though.

Not allowed to use utility knives? I remember even when my fiance worked at target they gave them a goofy "safety" one.

Not allowed to use utility knives? I remember even when my fiance worked at target they gave them a goofy "safety" one.

Oh, of course. I care a big pair of scissors around pretty much at all times. However, a lot of the boxes are not taped shut but glued shut. Using something sharp would require a lot of force and risk damaging the product, so in this case we just tear them open. It's not that hard, but you can get tiny little paper cuts. Which aren't that bad, but they sting every time you touch something.

I worked stock for a while and I just carried a three inch blade with me all the time. Fuck box cutters. Box cutters are for people who don't know proper knife safety

I worked stock for a while and I just carried a three inch blade with me all the time. Fuck box cutters. Box cutters are for people who don't know proper knife safety

Dude, yeah, you'd burn all box cutters right? They suck! Fuck box cutters.

I will apparently never be able to fall asleep normally. I try to do it like normal people almost every night. It never works out.

I started taking sleeping pills and listening to post rock because I work the closing shift at my job and it dissolved any traces of a sleep schedule I had going. There have been weeks where I sleep every other night for convenience's sake.

Back pain of the "interfering with daily life" variety. It seems kind of unfair that every time I put effort into trying to get in shape, I wind up doing it not quite right and getting benched.

I learnt to play Sacrifice Unto Sebek, and am now trying to learn Worship Your Demons. Turns out it is some of the hardest shit to play ever. Fuck guitar.

I feel like shit. Woke up and basically dry heaved and felt a little better...now I'm back to the shit. Fuck. First day out of school too.