The Whining and Bitching Thread

still recovering from a lavish, over the top, and unnecessary 24 hours of partying friday night/saturday day. at the time: fuckin' sweet. now: not so much

I have a fucking trouble to even fall asleep fucking dickmonger shitfuck. Life is a huge adolescent cunt.

second day in a row waking up before 5 am and unable to fall back asleep. back pain has increased exponentially overnight.

I'm definitely well on my way to a caffeine addiction these days cause i tend to undersleep and being a vegetable while i'm at work is not an option.

Caffeine addict here. I get a really distracting headache if I don't have coffee by 4 pm or so.

Back seems marginally better today!

SO i was looking at a couple drawn and quartered albums on amazon...

namely:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Extermination-Revelry-Drawn-Quartered/dp/B004KKYH0K/ref=sr_1_10?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1306038285&sr=1-10[/ame]

And I saw it was a CD-R. Then I read this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200326640&ie=UTF8&pop-up=1

What the FUCK?

So amazon is now pressing cd-Rs for certain albums including mildly obscure death metal? Is this real life?

Edit: So far, I've found you can get Infester - To the Depths like this, complete and technically not bootleg, for 16 bucks.

I was working on the truck this weekend, replacing the transmission filter and transmission cover gasket. Whilst working underneath the truck, I accidentally got engine oil and transmission fluid all in my hair and it refuses to wash out. The past four days I've had really greasy looking hair and I can do just about anything type of styling technique with it. As a last resort I'm going to wash my hair with lava soap and see if that works.

I was working on the truck this weekend, replacing the transmission filter and transmission cover gasket. Whilst working underneath the truck, I accidentally got engine oil and transmission fluid all in my hair and it refuses to wash out. The past four days I've had really greasy looking hair and I can do just about anything type of styling technique with it. As a last resort I'm going to wash my hair with lava soap and see if that works.

How long is your hair? Is shaving your head an option?

SO i was looking at a couple drawn and quartered albums on amazon...

namely:
http://www.amazon.com/Extermination...r_1_10?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1306038285&sr=1-10

And I saw it was a CD-R. Then I read this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200326640&ie=UTF8&pop-up=1

What the FUCK?

So amazon is now pressing cd-Rs for certain albums including mildly obscure death metal? Is this real life?

That's really strange. I guess selling CD-R copies isn't any different from mp3s really. However, I personally don't like the idea of CD-Rs or any sort of bootlegged copies being made/sold.

Do they count as bootlegs if they have permission from the label though?

from what I read about it, these seem like they were done under some sort of contract. The only metal labels I've seen that are a part of this so far are Crash Music and Moribund records. Getting a brand new copy of that infester album, complete with booklet is fairly tempting.

Do they count as bootlegs if they have permission from the label though?

from what I read about it, these seem like they were done under some sort of contract. The only metal labels I've seen that are a part of this so far are Crash Music and Moribund records. Getting a brand new copy of that infester album, complete with booklet is fairly tempting.

Perhaps official bootlegs? I'm really not sure. I own a Kommunity FK album that was released with a CD-R but it's the official and only version so I don't consider it to be one. I think it's different though if the album was previously available as a proper release.

I really wonder how the quality differs from the originals. It wouldn't be hard to fool people into thinking that the CD-R available features non-compressed audio and I wonder about print quality. I must admit sometimes even official reissues are poorer print quality (ie. Moonfog reissues).

I guess my issue is where do you draw the line? I mean if someone buys that CD-R copy but eventually sells it, is that really any different from just making your own copy and selling that to begin with? I'm sure it would be hard to keep track of which bands/labels have agreed to this CD-R thing. I really just don't like the idea of "official CD-Rs." People are already quite capable of making high quality replicas and high quality bootlegs. I think the label Metal Mind (if I'm not mistaken) has a reputation for releasing unlicensed copies of albums. I know I would hate it if I bought an album online and it turned out to be a CD-R/bootleg copy when all I wanted was the real thing. Allowing this would just really blur the lines. But this is really the first I've heard of this though so I'd really have to read more about it.

I really wouldn't consider any of these official unless the bands themselves approve of them. I don't really care whether or not the label technically has the right to do this is it's not with the band's consent.