The Whining and Bitching Thread

I think im going to give up the dream of playing metal. I've been looking for other players for years and can find no one.
At this point im just tired of giving a shit.

I use to play metal, but always wanted to be a rockstar since a teen. It was a stupid dream. I just got sick and tired of not being able to have a band and do what I wanted to do musically, drinking, drugging all the time. Having gear problems. Being deaf from hearing drums. It's not really cracked out to be what someone would think unless they ofcourse lived off it. That's the only way as an adult I would do it. Atleast be able to be signed and put out records and have a small fanbase. Having a shitty day job sucks too. As of right now everything for me just sucks. I'm thinking of going back to school, but I know am not smart whatsoever, but I think there has to be something am good at. Everyone if you think about is retarded and specifically good at something. I doubt you have to be really intelligent to be a successfull person and make decent money. There are a lot of other factors on people who are driven to be able to live comfortably. It's kinda like smart people who are losers. If I figure out what am good at. I never figured it out. I have an acoustic guitar sitting around and don't even play it because am generally so fucking misrable can't even do what I use to love. Because my job. I don't even listen to music as much anymore. I feel like am living in hell. I use to vent my frusterations through music, but now I just don't even fucking care.

I regret never getting anywhere with any musical instrument (if only I stuck with piano as a kid I could be an pipe organist like my father). Though I suppose it's never too late to get serious about playing bass, since I have one.

Music, specifically playing music, is the single most important thing in my life. Everyone is a musician, that's a fact. Obviously there's a huge spectrum of talent, but anyone can create something musically that can pick them up on a bad day. All it takes is just picking up your instrument and just doing something, write down some goals as far as what you want to accomplish. I just finished my freshman year at a music conservatory (jazz studies-guitar), and it's been the best experience, and further indicates that this is the right path for me. Even so, the most talented artists just feel like shit and don't want to practice, but as soon as I just have the guitar in my hands it's hard to put down! I don't know where I'm going with this, but music is kewl lawl

/self-righteous music student who pretends to play guitar

I'd rather go in between. I'd rather get signed to a medium-sized Indie label and do some shows, but not so many I'd be on the road all the time.

I regret not learning how to play the guitar. I was very excited at first when i bought one but thought it was very difficult to learn alone and i couldn't afford a teacher. That's one of the biggest regrets of my life.

There's all kinds of stuff you can teach yourself. A lot of people are reluctant to simply because they don't think they can do it. All you need is certain guidelines, and to work within them. After that, you'll have pretty good grounds to go into whatever kind of specialization pretty easily.

Actually, i tried learning by myself for a few months and realized i was still on the same step, never moving forward, so i quit. Now, every time i look at my guitar laying around, i get disappointed in myself.

For a while I've been toying around with the idea of buying a bass and learning how to play it.
Just don't know where to start, not to mention it would require money I don't currently have.

I should get a goddamn job.

balls to my guitars. I may sell the Iceman. Unless someone good will teach from home in my tiny hometown (which is fairly likely actually) I cba with it all. Teaching yourself isn't easy.

Yeah, that tends to be the case a lot. That's a lot of why I haven't bothered buying the gear to play anymore. I just have a little practice amp and guitar now. Don't need more than that unless I get lucky and find a decent band to jam with.

Finding an apartment in Boston is one of the most frustrating and shittiest experiences I've ever had, and I'm developing a severe distrust of landlords. Finding a place to live long-distance is fucking difficult. In short, this sucks, and I want it to be over.

This isn't going to be in line with the kind of thing that I usually say. I think the way that people who go through private education are brown nosed constantly and told how amazing they are gives them ridiculously inflated levels of self worth and overly dismissive attitudes towards the rest of the population. My reason for saying this isn't very scientific, I'm just sick of hearing toff's kids say things that don't make sense and point to them being elitist to the point of it being irrational. For example, associating racism with lower class people but also showing dislike towards certain ethnic communities. A bomb goes off, "who lived there? poor people? oh lol". Fuck them. Being brown nosed from birth has made these people maladjusted psychopaths.