The Whining and Bitching Thread

Finding an apartment in Boston is one of the most frustrating and shittiest experiences I've ever had, and I'm developing a severe distrust of landlords. Finding a place to live long-distance is fucking difficult. In short, this sucks, and I want it to be over.
Where in Boston?

This isn't going to be in line with the kind of thing that I usually say. I think the way that people who go through private education are brown nosed constantly and told how amazing they are gives them ridiculously inflated levels of self worth and overly dismissive attitudes towards the rest of the population. My reason for saying this isn't very scientific, I'm just sick of hearing toff's kids say things that don't make sense and point to them being elitist to the point of it being irrational. For example, associating racism with lower class people but also showing dislike towards certain ethnic communities. A bomb goes off, "who lived there? poor people? oh lol". Fuck them. Being brown nosed from birth has made these people maladjusted psychopaths.
Funny, because if anyone's an obnoxious racist basket case it'd be you.

Finding an apartment in Boston is one of the most frustrating and shittiest experiences I've ever had, and I'm developing a severe distrust of landlords. Finding a place to live long-distance is fucking difficult. In short, this sucks, and I want it to be over.

Distrust over what? As long as you shop around you should find someone decent. How long do you have to search?

Patrick, might I suggest Watertown or Somerville, the reason being that these towns will have lower rents but aren't the ghetto. The trade-off is that they are not on the subway (unless you're near Davis Square in Somerville), but you can easily take a bus to the T (what we call our system). But if you can get in the habit of that kind of daily commute, it will save you a lot of money and you'll be in a better location.

Check out Allston and Brighton if you need to find somewhere closer.

Where in Boston?

Hopefully North End.

zabu of nΩd;10315437 said:
Distrust over what? As long as you shop around you should find someone decent. How long do you have to search?

We want an August lease. We think we've found something, so hopefully our applications go through. Distrust because we've handed in applications before and had landlords up the price on us after they approved our applications but before signing the lease (because they see we have good credit and for some reason think they can charge us more...?). This just sucks because it makes us waste time, and when searching for property in Boston you need every hour you can get.

Patrick, might I suggest Watertown or Somerville, the reason being that these towns will have lower rents but aren't the ghetto. The trade-off is that they are not on the subway (unless you're near Davis Square in Somerville), but you can easily take a bus to the T (what we call our system). But if you can get in the habit of that kind of daily commute, it will save you a lot of money and you'll be in a better location.

Check out Allston and Brighton if you need to find somewhere closer.

We've been told to avoid Allston/Brighton because apparently they're undergraduate central.

We looked at a couple places in Somerville, but we also kind of wanted to be in the city to be able to experience it. It wasn't high rent that's been scaring us as much as how fast everything moves in Boston. Right now, we think we have a place in North End; it's close to both the T and the interstate (which my fiance needs because she drives north of the city for work).

Thanks for the tips though.

We've been told to avoid Allston/Brighton because apparently they're undergraduate central.

This is true. It's probably the cheapest and liveliest place to be and not get stabbed, but I suppose that's not necessarily what you're looking for. Allston can get pretty damn scummy.

Fuckin wops

My buds live in Allston/Brighton and are not undergrads but they are polyamorous circus weirdos who spin fire for fun.

Sounds like my ex-girlfriend. She spins fire and she's polyamorous because after being with me she gave up on monogamous heterosexual relationships.

My fucking iPod won't sync. It'll say it's syncing. It'll say it's done syncing. All the music will be there under the iPod in the iTunes menu, but once I disconnect, no music. This has happened five times straight, and I've tried restarting multiple times. This is really annoying, and no support articles are helping.

Sounds like my ex-girlfriend. She spins fire and she's polyamorous because after being with me she gave up on monogamous heterosexual relationships.

I mean you can't blame her for that. ;)

I don't think my monkey friends would hang out with self harming psychos though, no offense.

So he can micromanage the entire country like he tries to do to NYC?

At least he got this part right: "Social Security is the greatest transfer of wealth in the history of the world". Social Security is old people stealing from young people.

Sorry i was high. The article you posted was actually a better read.

I would have to say that as of late one of the biggest pet peeves of mine has to be controlling girlfriends. It seems that lately for whatever reason I've had the displeasure of dealing with friends/acquaintances who are so whipped that I'm almost embarrassed to call my buds "men" due to the way they kowtow to such demanding and obnoxiously annoying girlfriends all the time. Of course, I'm no misogynist or anything like that, but seeing as to how so many of my friends are so scared to stand up to their wives/girlfriends for being so meddling all the time it just makes me so glad to be unattractive to be in a relationship in the first place.