The Whining and Bitching Thread

my legs seem to be healed up
so, unless i get really distracted, really pissed off, and as-tired-as-hell, all at the same time, i think i can walk across the tracks in the dark just fine now

i've successfully walked across the tracks, in the dark, without falling, several times since i fell over the second time

i think i'm good now

:kickass:

I took an official GRE pretest today. 2% of the population scored worse than me on the Verbal Reasoning section and 17% of the population scored worse than me on the Quantitative Reasoning section.

I am not graduate school bound. I've never been this depressed about my future in my whole life.

Don't just roll over and give up. How much time did you put into studying? Can you take the test again, maybe next year? My music buddy got turned down by University of Maryland's grad program, but he stuck it out, went into an A.S.S. (Advanced special student, funny right?) program, and got accepted the next year.

I've always had one of those "never give up on what desire" attitudes, but I guess this just isn't my future. It's depressing.

Hopefully sometime different will happen tomorrow when I take the actual test. Maybe the questions will be easier and I can receive adequate scores. I should just apply to a shit fucking ton of programs and hope that at least one of them accepts me.

Went to halloween horror knights with two friends last Sunday and after like 2 hours we pick up a couple chicks and get them to walk around with us and then go to pretty much the biggest house there called gothic and these two 17 year old guys that were acting like a gay couple start talking to them and they ditch us for them and don't even say anything to us afterwards :cry:

I swear me and my friend Alex were so fucking pissed that when they left these two younger girls were hiding behind a trashcan TAKING A FUCKING PISS and then making out right there so we tried hitting on them and they said they were lesbians before I even said anything about them kissing or anything and sort of just awkwardly left the line :erk:

DO NOT GIVE UP. Do your best, and remember what I've told you countless times. GRE scores are low on the totem pole of credentials that grad programs look at. They are much more interested in seeing what you have written on subjects you're passionate about, what your professors think about you, and your performance in the field. Standardized tests are largely a formality.

Stick to the plan. Visit schools, get in contact with faculty members at those places. Programs are looking for people who are motivated, and motivation counts just as much if not more than talent.

I should just apply to a shit fucking ton of programs and hope that at least one of them accepts me.

I don't endorse this approach. The imperative now is to be even more meticulous in identifying programs that suit you best (which means you have to think seriously about what you want to do SPECIFICALLY in your field). Yes, apply to a plurality of programs, but you'll be more effective with a sniper than a shot-gun.

Also, don't be ashamed to take a year off if you don't get accepted anywhere the first time around. Same thing happened to me (which did me a lot of good until I fucked up my mind in the months leading up to matriculation). That's the year you need to apply yourself to doing meaningful work in your field, at best professionally, or else on your own. Schools like to see work you do of your own accord and not just from going through the undergraduate motions.

Yeah, if I don't do so hot I'm going to retake it over winter break.

But yeah, the problem is that I really don't know what I want to get a masters in. I'm thinking about just doing Comparative Lit and snagging a TC at the same time.

when i left my hotel room i was a little worried about freezing to death

but instead of that
october has so far been excruciatingly hot!!!

Damn you, Texas Whether

Hopefully sometime different will happen tomorrow when I take the actual test. Maybe the questions will be easier and I can receive adequate scores.

I heard that the practice tests are intentionally more difficult, but good luck regardless.

Damn you, Texas Whether

Still probably better than Chicago Weather. Although the temp is decent right now, supposed to be in the mid 70s the next 3-4 days, the temp is supposed to drop drastically right after.

f n a

I can't even get stoned and watch South Park without being reminded of Hawaii. How do you ask? BECAUSE THERE WAS AN ENTIRE FUCKING EPISODE ON HAWAII THAT'S HOW.

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Last edited by a moderator: