The Whining and Bitching Thread

Well, shit.

Just had a good, long talk with my boss's boss. Due to some ambiguous language that's been implicated about my future with the company, I'd been misled to believe I was transitioning to permanent employment here in a couple weeks.

Turns out they just extended my contract for another half year. Another half year without a vacation. That's gonna take me to year #4.

I haven't felt this much emotional weight since I was evacuated from my apartment due to the Waldo Canyon wildfire. I know it's probably foolish of me to hinge so much hope on something that seems this small, but I've been doing school, work, and a band, all full-time, for 3 years. It takes a lot of strength to keep myself from burning out.

Where is his internets coming from?

Eligos - sorry you're so burned out with shit lately. Is there anything on the horizon to look forward to currently?

A public library computer, I believe.

Holy shit, you must be really, really fucking dumb. The military takes almost anybody.

Not really, you have to be at least average. Even then, you may not get in because so many people sign up for it. I have a few friends who have been turned down.

Some utter cunt backed in to my car with a truck while it was parked outside my house. Smashed windscreen and dents and gouges all over the front drivers side everything. $625 insurance excess to get it fixed. Fucking arsehole bastard fuck.

Eligos - sorry you're so burned out with shit lately. Is there anything on the horizon to look forward to currently?

Camping trips, Comic Con, writing the next Dreadnought album. Having time to take vocal lessons. Pretty sure that I'll get to pursue a relationship with a close friend of mine. I'll have time to read non-academic materials and meditate more often. Not too bad, I'd say.

Grant, you seem to be back in full force. Welcome back.
Thanks. Life is presently a bit of heaven and of hell, with little in between. I can get down to that.

I haven't felt this much emotional weight since I was evacuated from my apartment due to the Waldo Canyon wildfire. I know it's probably foolish of me to hinge so much hope on something that seems this small, but I've been doing school, work, and a band, all full-time, for 3 years. It takes a lot of strength to keep myself from burning out.
Jesus, i think i've had maybe 1/2 that output at most in my life, and currently it's around 10%. It's exciting to see people getting shit done on a pro scale.