The Whining and Bitching Thread

Fuck you black flies you annoying pieces of shit.

Myself I'm having troubles with ants. I sit down on my chair and they start going around like crazy and it looks like there is no meaning to their occult dances. Now I have some experience with this species so I know that when you squash one, two come and mourn like faggots. When you squash them too, you already got yourself a burial ceremony of gypsy proportions. So I left the room. I think I haven't been followed but PSSST.

I just have to bitch about something.

So yesterday I was offered to cover a friend's dance gig, but she told me only 30 mins before showtime and I live quite far from the place. So, instead of getting there late, I told her I couldn't do it and to let me know if she ever needs covering in the future in advance so that I could have time to prepare and whatnot. She texts me this morning about a dance event happening where it's open dance. I told her I was interested knowing that it was unpaid, just to hangout have a little fun and see some awesome dancing. So after spending some time getting ready and packing my costume to attend, I get a text from her saying that there's a $15 cover for all dancers. This cover is used to pay the musicians, is what I was told. Now, I am all for musicians getting paid but that is total bullshit. Why should I pay for the musicians, when I myself am also a "starving artist" preparing costume, energy, makeup, and my time to come out and do a free gig. You don't go to a new restaurant and because you're new expect them to give you their food for free so that you can try it out or whatever. You pay the price and you take your risk.

I've done a lot of shows for free acting gigs and dance gigs because it's good experience. However, if I am required to PAY to PERFORM that is where I draw the line. It's totally taking advantage of people. Those who come to that event are coming to hear music and see dancing. It shouldn't be the performers responsibility to pay for each other, that's ridiculous. Needless to say, I wasted my time getting ready to not go anywhere. Blahh.

I just have to bitch about something.

So yesterday I was offered to cover a friend's dance gig, but she told me only 30 mins before showtime and I live quite far from the place. So, instead of getting there late, I told her I couldn't do it and to let me know if she ever needs covering in the future in advance so that I could have time to prepare and whatnot. She texts me this morning about a dance event happening where it's open dance. I told her I was interested knowing that it was unpaid, just to hangout have a little fun and see some awesome dancing. So after spending some time getting ready and packing my costume to attend, I get a text from her saying that there's a $15 cover for all dancers. This cover is used to pay the musicians, is what I was told. Now, I am all for musicians getting paid but that is total bullshit. Why should I pay for the musicians, when I myself am also a "starving artist" preparing costume, energy, makeup, and my time to come out and do a free gig. You don't go to a new restaurant and because you're new expect them to give you their food for free so that you can try it out or whatever. You pay the price and you take your risk.

I've done a lot of shows for free acting gigs and dance gigs because it's good experience. However, if I am required to PAY to PERFORM that is where I draw the line. It's totally taking advantage of people. Those who come to that event are coming to hear music and see dancing. It shouldn't be the performers responsibility to pay for each other, that's ridiculous. Needless to say, I wasted my time getting ready to not go anywhere. Blahh.

At least you didn't pay to play, as we call it in the music world. Sounds like some Grade A boo-shit.

I have some dumb butt/leg pain. The Internet suggests it's sciatic pain and that I just have to deal with it and stretch a lot and hope it goes away. I should go to a doctor.

I may give up debating theology and other supernatural crap for good. How I still have to explain to people that lack of complete knowledge of the universe is not evidence for supernatural phenomena is infuriating.

Edit: It's also annoying when I talk to people and civilly, tactfully voice why I don't believe in anything supernatural and they act like I must have a sad view of the world. I'm not the one who needs to think that there's people who can see into the fucking future or talk to dead people in order to find the world interesting and pleasurable.

RSX bitching

Not really, I haven't bought sex toys in a long time.

:lol:

On that note: I am the owner of a black 2002 RSX Type S with high mileage (200k+), as close to mint of an interior as you could expect with that kind of mileage, but in need of some basic tune up work, and hopefully only in need of an AC charge and not AC repair. Getting that checked tomorrow. If it needs repair expect me to start #$%^$ in here.

I may give up debating theology and other supernatural crap for good. How I still have to explain to people that lack of complete knowledge of the universe is not evidence for supernatural phenomena is infuriating.

Edit: It's also annoying when I talk to people and civilly, tactfully voice why I don't believe in anything supernatural and they act like I must have a sad view of the world. I'm not the one who needs to think that there's people who can see into the fucking future or talk to dead people in order to find the world interesting and pleasurable.

it seems like you're refering to talking to people face-2-face

you could try to debate theology/supernatural crap here

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/philosopher-356/

Rain has prevented me from riding my bike outside after my workout. Lame. There goes my cherry on top of an awesome workout.

I'm absolutely shocked -- *shocked* -- to learn that there are still christians in the world. Someone up top needs to hear about this.

zabu of nΩd;10620001 said:
Some people just prefer to blow off steam more stupidly.

If cries of agony were good enough for Jesus, they are good enough for me. :D

I just don't see how making yourself lose real life money helps cope with virtual pain.

zabu of nΩd;10620001 said:
Some people just prefer to blow off steam more expensively. I have a friend who broke his smartphone throwing it, the one he has now has a really beefy casing.

can't say i've done the "breaking a video game controller thing" but i have broken a few cell phones