The Whining and Bitching Thread

a few of my friends have recently married or had kids or become aunts/uncles, and it's all they fucking talk about. I can't wait to get married and have babies and bombard people with pictures of my spawn

Sounds like a plan. :lol:

Everyone has different priorities. Some people want to have a nice wedding, other people just want as many kids as they can physically have, and me? All I want is a three month-long honeymoon to the South Pacific from which I never, ever return.

So to add on to my New Year Resolution, I need to help get my mom in better health. She was diagnosed with diabetes last week, and her cholesterol was really high. She doesn't understand the concept of exercise as she thinks her everyday chores of walking to and from work constitutes as exercise. She also doesn't understand you cannot have rice and peas with oxtail for every meal. What a challenge. :/

I bought quinoa the other day and had to trick her into believing it was rice for her to eat it. Oh dear.

Unfortunately, that's pretty common. People don't like lifestyle changes. I see patients from the pharmacy who are diabetic, have high cholesterol, and/or high blood pressure at the local fast food joints or pushing around carts full of frozen food and canned food pretty frequently.

Signed up for health insurance this morning. Hopefully I get a real jerb soon so I can actually afford to pay for it.

Unfortunately, that's pretty common. People don't like lifestyle changes. I see patients from the pharmacy who are diabetic, have high cholesterol, and/or high blood pressure at the local fast food joints or pushing around carts full of frozen food and canned food pretty frequently.

I assume that "frozen food" is TV dinners and not mere frozen veggies or chicken.

Black Orifice: It's really strange. You'd think one would prefer quality of life (or just life in general) to just being sick all the time. My neighborhood is getting better with this, but there are a lot of neighborhoods that are just complete food deserts. There's McDonald's and Chinese food for restaurant options, and the supermarket is filled with nothing but sugar and salt. It's no wonder why people have little energy.

This isn't the case for diabetics, but people with high blood pressure and high cholesterol can inexpensively take medications to treat their conditions without changing their diet and taking up exercising. Of course, this isn't the case for all such medications, say if the prescribing doctor has expensive tastes or if the patient has not met adequate results from the relatively inexpensive alternatives, and dosages will need to be increased overtime, but for the most part people with these conditions can delay serious health events, such as heart attacks or what have you, while continuing to lead unhealthy lifestyle, ultimately making the serious health event inevitable. That's not to say that this is the case for all patients on these medications - such health problems are often genetic - but it does bring up an interesting question over medical treatment.

For example, if one suffering from these medical conditions does follow in the aforementioned manner, unquestionably they will be placed on more and more medications, thus costing more and more money, but it really just turns into a rather expensive manner of delaying a serious health event, which is significantly more expensive and, if the event doesn't prove deadly, will result the prescribing of more, and probably expensive brand names, medication. Given the prevalence of these occurrences in the United States, it's not really surprising that health care costs are so expensive.

That said, I can't really say that I'm healthy either. Though my diet isn't that bad, I drink more than I probably should and I don't exercise whatsoever nor do I have an interest in doing so. Genetically, I'm lucky, but we'll see if that lasts as the decades go by. Perhaps being confronted with tacking on a few pounds would convince me to change, since I've never close to exceeding 10% body fat. On the bright side, I believe that food choice in the country has improved a lot and certainly people are becoming more aware of these problems, and though some disagree, I think awareness can make a big difference -- if not for the current adult generation, then for the next.

If this description included you getting into threesomes with your significant other, and letting him get some strange side; you might be describing heaven.

I don't know if PP would want that. He just wants to be loved. :oops:

F_D I hear you. At least she can still walk to work! I don't even know if we can do anything aside from lead by example. Personally my dad who is obese and pre-diabetic with high cholesterol and b/p has pretty much given up, so I'm not going to try and pressure him to change his lifestyle. He knows what to do - he used to be in excellent shape and do pushups with me on his back and stuff - he just doesn't have the will nor desire to do it.

Haha, that article isn't entirely accurate; but it's pretty funny.

As it turns out, I got a flight on Thursday at no price change. Couple extra days with the folks.

Black Orifice: Thanks for the info! I say, you definitely have a couple years until you have to start worrying about it. I remember you being pretty thin - if i carry my mom's genetics my time must be running out :rofl:. It's great to eat healthy, I try to but I rely on being young for now so will fall back on eating shit like taco bell and white castle from time to time. I'm not as fortunate to have 10% body fat ha, so i do try to get some form of exercise not the gym but something relaxing and or fun. Hell, ride the good ride until you can't no more!

Laura: You're totally right. Forcing people to do better may have the opposite effect. I do want to get her a blender and introduce her to less fatty foods. Def will try to not be so bossy with it. :D Your dad sounds like superman back in the day! If you don't mind me asking how old is he? My mom is 66, and totally there are people much worse off. It's kind of hard watching your parents grow old, though

Made it to MLA. My bag didn't. So I'm walking around the Marriott Chicago in two-day-old clothes. I probably smell like one of Krig's shits.

Who knows when I'll see the bag. They're so backed up due to weather that their phone goes right to voicemail.