The Whining and Bitching Thread

When me and my dad came home from work yesterday we found our 11 year old cat dead, I think she choked on something.

:( I'm so sorry. That's awful.

I was going to complain about PP's asshole neighbor having me towed for "blocking a driveway" that was not blocked and me having to dip into savings to make it til next payday, but that seems pretty minor compared to losing a pet. Or the funeral procession that passed by the towing garage.

:( I'm so sorry. That's awful.

I was going to complain about PP's asshole neighbor having me towed for "blocking a driveway" that was not blocked and me having to dip into savings to make it til next payday, but that seems pretty minor compared to losing a pet. Or the funeral procession that passed by the towing garage.

Good form.

I really hope a conference I like happens at the University of Washington-Seattle so I have an excuse to meet up with him and discuss literature. I wish Scalzi of Slough Feg would go to these things, but he teaches Philosophy.

Lots of various scholars attend MLA: philosophers, historians, anthropologists, cultural/social theorists, etc. It isn't just for literary scholars. I'm sure it's a similar case for other Humanities conferences.

Glad this thread exists, cuz I gotta vent somewhere.

Edited and chose not to vent. Just had to type it, not have it read. But basically my mom sucks.

I wrote a nice apology note and included a coupon for a dozen free bagels and adhered it to the neighbor's front door.

My mom rules.

It's been fucking impossible to sleep since quitting weed. My brain's all like, "COOL. I CAN MAKE DOPAMINE NOW."

I have no weed, don't want to buy any, and don't want to go through the trouble of sneaking it in my parents' house.

As much as I love the green goddess and partake in her musky herbal remedies often, I have definitely seen it destroy lives. Countless friends, some indoctrinated by yours truly, just lost all motivation entirely since they started smoking.

Should have taught those baby birds the difference between sativa and indica before I kicked them out the nest...

So I was just taking a walk in the woods and was in the middle of smoking a bowl until I leaned against a tree and a bunch of fucking snow fell down getting the weed in the bowl all wet. Fucking trees.

So last month, I was driving on an icy highway and this asshole cut me off, causing me to slide into a guard rail and total one of my parents' cars. I had a witness at the scene tell the police it was not my fault, and I told all of the details to the insurance company in a recorded phone call. And now they just called me to tell me they've somehow just figured out that it's my fault. The same exact person called me and acted like the recorded phone call we had before never happened. Assholes. If my rates rise because of this, I'm going to be furious.

yeah I don't understand insurance companies. My girlfriend and I got in a car accident about six months ago. A car rear ended a truck in the lane next to us. The truck kind of bounced over into our lane from the impact of the hit. As a result, we swerved out of the way to avoid hitting the truck and totalling our car. In the process we sideswiped a truck in the lane on the other side of us. Insurance company told us it was our fault. I said, "So next time we should just total the car? Got it."

Foot on the brake, hands off the steering wheel.

I learned that my first day of classes were cancelled due to weather after my hour-long commute to the campus. That was at 9:30 this morning. Now, at 5:00 in the evening, grass still dominates the snow. I don't mind that I wasted a trip - I would have checked the school's website prior to leaving home if I were concerned about that - but I hate the fact that the semester will be starting from behind now.

I said, "So next time we should just total the car? Got it."
You might as well seeing as how some cocksucker appraiser would deem it a total loss eventually. Or maybe I'm just still a little bitter because that's what happened to me after I had my crash 2 months ago. Of course this is after my insurance company telling me the guy who hit me, his insurance would pay for all the damage. Keep in mind I had a witness plus the cop on the scene straight up told me the douche that hit me was going to be seeing some serious tickets.

Your insurance company seems to only be on your side for a few days after the accident. Its been 2 months since mine and just this morning I get a call asking about a fucking form that I filled out twice because the first one got lost in the mail. That's another thing, the goddamn paperwork tacked onto the monumental stress of not having a vehicle, worrying about how long you'll be without one, ect...

yeah I don't understand insurance companies. My girlfriend and I got in a car accident about six months ago. A car rear ended a truck in the lane next to us. The truck kind of bounced over into our lane from the impact of the hit. As a result, we swerved out of the way to avoid hitting the truck and totalling our car. In the process we sideswiped a truck in the lane on the other side of us. Insurance company told us it was our fault. I said, "So next time we should just total the car? Got it."

Yes. Swerving to miss another driver and causing some other sort of damage can still be faulted to you just like swerving to miss an animal. This is the the unfortunate consequence of insurance fraud. Everything has to happen as it happens, even if it's more expensive in your situation, to cut down on fraud - which saves them money in the big picture (or is supposed to anyway).