The Whining and Bitching Thread

Yeah, I probably would seem like one if I were doing drugs and not engaging in any self-improvement activity. Oh wait, I'm not doing drugs, I have a job, I meditate and exercise daily, and I read on a regular basis. Total downward spiral.

I already pointed this out in a post in another thread, but the drugs were months ago. It's almost as if there is much more to my life than what I post on this forum and people can change.

I have not been keeping up with your posts, so if you have made a complete lifestyle change in a few months, good for you. Tell your mom to shut the fuck up.

I apologize for being so snappy. Your post probably reminded me of the frustration I have with my mother's perception of me. I still have stuff to figure out, but she turns little things into a total crisis and blows up on me because unless I make some kind of gigantic external change like getting a college degree, I'm still the drug-abusing, do-nothing on the inside. I yelled at her this morning and apologized, and I wanted to explain to her that she was overreacting, but she told me she didn't want to be lectured.

Why in all fucking hell would you move in with your girlfriend when she lives with her mom? I know your family sucks, RJ, but seriously: Get a job that pays well and get your own place.

I apologize for being so snappy. Your post probably reminded me of the frustration I have with my mother's perception of me. I still have stuff to figure out, but she turns little things into a total crisis and blows up on me because unless I make some kind of gigantic external change like getting a college degree, I'm still the drug-abusing, do-nothing on the inside. I yelled at her this morning and apologized, and I wanted to explain to her that she was overreacting, but she told me she didn't want to be lectured.

I was being a douche anyway, no worries. Parents are like that. Is college not an option?

I kind of respected Butt for fucking a 16 year old because that's the age of cute asses but all respect is lost now that I know he lives at her mother's place. Now it just sounds like he's being adopted and they're like two kids playing at her place. The mother's tea-drinking lady friends probably ask "who's that ugly boy that I always see at your place" and she answers "it's just some boy who likes my daughter, it's cute how they're always together".

Mathiäs;10835190 said:
I was being a douche anyway, no worries. Parents are like that. Is college not an option?

I'm going to college this summer, but I haven't signed up for classes yet because I'm waiting to tell my employer. I already cut my availability recently, so I'm not going to spring another bigger cut in it on them so soon, especially since I just started this job a month ago. I explained this to her already. I get that she's scared, but she needs to take a step back and see that the changes she wants are not going to happen as fast as she wants them to. I should also probably tell her more about the classes I want to take.

Ozz, I hand resumes out at least three times or so a week. Sadly the job market though is shit here, or in my old town. Its actually sorta worse in my old town, so high-paying jobs are all taken. When I do find something decent though I fully intend to get my own place. I guarantee. I will keep you all posted.

Ozz, I hand resumes out at least three times or so a week.

And you think this makes you an active job-seeker? When I was jobless I went out and handed out well over 10-15 resumes A DAY. I drove to all the neighboring cities within a 15-mile radius of my home until I got a job. If you hand out 3 resumes a week, that means you are going out for a stroll one day, then sitting on your ass the other 6 days.

EDIT: And not even doing the dishes.

I don't hand three resumes out, I hand roughly 20 out three times a week. Reading comprehension fail, cyanide.

@Vimana: Will you be attending a CC?

Yep. It's gonna be a busy summer. On the bright side, the schedule of classes is pretty convenient. I won't be taking more than one class at the same time, so I won't be totally slammed for time. The summer classes are so time-consuming.

OK, my turn at this.

A couple weeks ago, wee hours of the morning on a Saturday night, some assholes ripped the grill of the front of my car, and stole it. Now I normally kept my car in my one-car garage, but since we had gotten a new roommate shortly before the incident, I let him use the garage since he used his car more (and as a gesture of goodwill to a new friend). Well, this is how I'm repaid. Not three days have I been parking my car outside than some subhuman cuntbags vandalize my car.

I immediately put my car back in my garage, and now my new roommate parks it outside. He completely understands, and cares less about his car than I do. And I have no idea why, but if I'm being targeted, then it's best keep my car in a safe place from now on.

Had the police come take a look as soon as I found the grill missing. Had to file a report anyway in order for the insurance to pay for the repair. The cop said it was most likely an isolated incident. Some drunk hooligans and nothing more. This is Iowa City, after all. Big 10 school, Big 10 douchebags everywhere.

I was ready to put this all behind me and shrug it off, until today, when the cops called me and said they found my grill, on the ground just up the road. I had them drop it off at my apartment while I was still working on campus. Later in the day I went to the movies with a couple friends who drove me there, and then they drove me home afterward. I got out of the car in my apartment's driveway and remembered that my grill had gotten dropped off and said out loud "oh! The cops dropped off my grill!"

My friend who drove me looked puzzled and asked what I meant, and I explained to her "some half-bred scumbags ripped the grill off my car a couple weekends ago when my car was parked outside." Now those who know me know my voice is pretty loud, and the window of the apartment next to mine was open, but the blinds were closed. Immediately after I said that, I hear the blinds get whipped open, and I turn to see one of the people in the nextdoor apartment looking out the window. We make eye contact, and I walk inside and lock my doors.

Now this isn't conclusive evidence, but the people in my apartment nextdoor are stereotypical college hooligans. They party constantly, are loud and obnoxious, and when they're playing Call of Duty my whole apartment shakes like it's a bloody thunderstorm. The timing between my comment and the opening of the blinds suggests that it was a gut impulse to go to the window and see who was speaking. It was too quick to make an intelligent decision not to expose oneself like that. But again, not conclusive evidence so I'm pretty much powerless.

And another thing, which makes no difference objectively but would certainly complicate things if I had more conclusive evidence, is the fact that the person I made eye contact looked African American. The last thing I need is to have the race card pulled on me if I were to do any sort of investigating, asking questions or anything. It will be interpreted as profiling. So all I can do now is sit here and hope for the best. I locked eyes with that man, and if he had anything to do with it, I hope he puts it behind him too. Again, the damage is insured (and even if it wasn't, the repair wouldn't be much). But man, I like this apartment, and awkwardness/tension with the nextdoor neighbors does not make the most ideal environment.

Cliffs: I think a black guy might have vandalized my car, but don't have enough evidence to do anything about it.

That's some extremely weak evidence. If I heard some dude yelling outside my window, I'd also look outside to see who the fuck is jabbering. Sounds more like you just don't like your neighbor. Also, he's black so that immediately makes him more suspicious than he might really be.