The Whining and Bitching Thread

I used to very confidently call myself a leftist. Then I started using Tumblr. Now I only very hesitantly call myself a leftist.

Does she have a dog? You could totally blame it if she does. About the shitting the bed, that is. Probably not so much about the sore dick though.

I know right. My polish ex had a dog and you could probably unload a truck of shit on the bed and she'd go "cute".

EDIT: She also liked to use the terms "clean shit" and "clean vomit".

I'm worried that this girl I'm almost seeing might have a dog. Haha. I don't like unclean animals and people.

Dogs really suck. Especially if you're trying to stay the night because 80% of the time the dog HAS to the sleep on the bed because the motherfucker gets lonely on the floor or some retarded shit.

There is a fucking U2 album on my iphone. Apple put it there. This alone is pretty much enough for me to switch to Samsung for my next phone. Never have I felt so technologically violated. Fucking bunch of cunting fuck cunts.

There is a fucking U2 album on my iphone. Apple put it there. This alone is pretty much enough for me to switch to Samsung for my next phone. Never have I felt so technologically violated. Fucking bunch of cunting fuck cunts.

Haha. I actually intend to listen to that album, but I can't do it now. I promised myself to not add a single track to my library until I listen to every track that's there at least 2 times. I'm doing this because I feel like I don't give enough chance to some albums that I just listen to once. There's a lot of tracks I haven't even heard yet in there. It's going to take me like a month, but I think it's worth it.

Apple is a steaming pile of brightly colored, overpriced shit. I have been buying Samsung products for some time now, including phones and tablets, and have had no issues.

Below was pretty much my response to the iPhone 6 reveal:
Vge3M7S.jpg

Funny, I read this post right after re-reading Chapter 1 of Postman's Technopoly, which I had assigned my students over the weekend. I'll be sure to include this U2 debacle in class discussion today.

"Technological violation" has been happening for centuries and will continue to happen in increasing amounts. It's the way of the future. Get used to it.

Yeah, much worse stuff has been and is ongoing in terms of "violation" across the tech spectrum. I'm just loling Apple made such a bonehead move. But STN can and should vote with his wallet. I have never had bloatware or bloatmusic stuck on my device beyond what I consented to in purchase, and it is quite easy to root and mod your android device to remove and block that stuff if you so wish.

To be honest, it sounds like pretty melodramatic bickering (no offense STN). Hell, I don't see it as intrusive at all; if iTunes keeps sending free music to my device, that's great. If you don't like it, then just delete it. I don't care if it's Justin fucking Bieber.

It seems as though it's a gut reaction among folks to perceive corporate intrusion as a basic violation of their privacy rights. I think that's absurd. You say it's a "bonehead move" as though they violated some sort of basic principle; but they didn't, and I bet that a lot of people don't give a flying fuck that a U2 album popped up in their music feeds.

Sending free music is okay so long as they make sure the person actually wants it first. Music takes space on the device; yeah it can be deleted, but that's an entirely new step they just forced you into.

Bottom line is that they should ask first before putting things onto peoples devices. This is why Apple sucks.

To be honest, it sounds like pretty melodramatic bickering (no offense STN). Hell, I don't see it as intrusive at all; if iTunes keeps sending free music to my device, that's great. If you don't like it, then just delete it. I don't care if it's Justin fucking Bieber.

It seems as though it's a gut reaction among folks to perceive corporate intrusion as a basic violation of their privacy rights. I think that's absurd. You say it's a "bonehead move" as though they violated some sort of basic principle; but they didn't, and I bet that a lot of people don't give a flying fuck that a U2 album popped up in their music feeds.

I have other things to do with my time (as do most people) than to keep clearing stuff off my device I didn't put there. Also, apparently "just delete it" didn't work, as Apple had to post directives on how to clear it. While I'm sure there were some people happy with it, there was enough outrage to spawn quite a few articles about said outrage.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/apple-built-a-tool-to-help-remove-that-u2-album-from-97580969324.html

I find it amusing that your time is so jeopardized by a download. Other people might say they have better things to do with their time than search for music to download.

I'm not saying everyone should buy Apple. I'm saying this kind of reaction - i.e. a technological violation - is unwarranted.

Would you be upset if you came home and the apt management had deposited a hideous (but new/clean) couch in your apt? You now will lose time disposing of it, and a sense of security in your abode diminished or destroyed.

I think people are right to be upset. I think calling it a violation or whatever is a little over the top. A simple "don't be fucking with my shit" would suffice.