The Whining and Bitching Thread

WoW became a milk horse many years after it started, can't blame them for making money off it. SC was what gave Blizzard its name

A pleb? Plebian? I am an online gamer professional son you wish you were like me.

No, there are many ways I'd prefer to make ~minimum wage over grinding some shitty online game and ruining one of my few hobbies.

Halo 3 was the last greatest shooter, actually. Really wish I could afford an xbox 1 to get the new Halo pack.

Online gaming for money is great if you can do it correctly, i.e having a group of people you play with regularly that make it fun.

I mean you're a sucker. Consoles ruined the FPS genre and that's why we have this Call of Duty shit now. Even Valve caved in and made CS:Source and now GO, both garbage. CS 1.6 came out in 2003 and that's what I was getting at, and that was seen as a drop-off in the CS name. 1.5 is probably the last good FPS. But you loser(s) probably never even played that game back then, especially competitively.

Those dudes made legitimate money off that game and it didn't cost anything other than LAN travelling back then. I was sort of good at that, but man the top tier dudes were just amazing.

WoW was seriously fun and addicting back then. Maybe that's just me though. Completing quests, farming for the best gears and shit so you could talk smack in PvE was aight. Earning your way meant something in WoW back then, but it lost its competitive edge fo sho. PvP was where it was at though, Arena was pretty awesome back then. I was kinda good at that too but oh well here I am today. Just wishing I was still pro and still cared.

Oh the whole 'console gaming ruined everything' bitchfest. Waah. Get the fuck over it. I played CS, and Halo 2/3 was just as competitive and required almost the same amount of skill to be on the elite level.

Also, I seriously doubt you were ever pro or any good at all.

Thinking that a controller is somehow comparable to mouse and keyboard makes you a sucker again, it's just like WoW. The LCD of gaming, consoles are easier to sell to the casual gamer and that's what happened. Weren't Halo leagues mostly 2v2? I mean come on brah, CS was the pinnacle of competitive shooters.

Man you are making me sad. I spent many years of my life trying to be good at those games and I was aight, I played CAL and made IM before WoW took over mine and my friends lives. and I played in a shitload of LAN tournaments before that place closed..due to Halo!! Nah I dunno why it closed but they stopped CS tournaments stopped once Halo got popular. Gheys. Probably amazing to your lame standards but very average in the global CS community.

I played CS well before 1.5 bro, albeit not uber-competitively. Competitive gaming is a shit. Always preferred Day of Defeat anyways.

EDIT: But yeah, Halo is shit too.

Thinking that a controller is somehow comparable to mouse and keyboard makes you a sucker again, it's just like WoW. The LCD of gaming, consoles are easier to sell to the casual gamer and that's what happened. Weren't Halo leagues mostly 2v2? I mean come on brah, CS was the pinnacle of competitive shooters.

Man you are making me sad. I spent many years of my life trying to be good at those games and I was aight, I played CAL and made IM before WoW took over mine and my friends lives. and I played in a shitload of LAN tournaments before that place closed..due to Halo!! Nah I dunno why it closed but they stopped CS tournaments stopped once Halo got popular. Gheys. Probably amazing to your lame standards but very average in the global CS community.

Things change and you have to adapt to it, or just be the little bitch that complains instead. CS is back on the MLG circuit, by the way.

They didn't make DOTA, their customers did, and after over a decade of sitting on the free labor of their userbase, people started to realize that they could do better outside of the increasingly greedy hands of Blizzard.

That's spinning it very negatively. DOTA was a game inside a game, of course it could be done better with a dedicated engine. WC3 just left the same tools that the entire game was built on for everyone to use. Just because people realized that the engine was a bit restrictive has nothing to do with greed. It's just technical limitations. Besides, there's a reason why WC3 is still being played. I go back to it once or twice a year to play some fun custom maps with friends, and you won't believe how big the community is still. New maps are still being churned out monthly. It's incredible lifespan is precisely because of the userbase, and Blizzard aren't charging a dime for it. In fact, they are probably just losing money on server maintenance.

To say that any Blizzard game before (but including) WoW was uninspired is odd to me. They were groundbreaking and way ahead of their time. To say Diablo 1+2 is simply click and kill is...correct. But you can dumb any game down to that level. RTS = click to build , then click to kill. Shooter = click to kill. RPG = click to talk, then click to kill. I mean what the fuck, until we get full-on VR we aren't going to see a change in that formula.

I don't mean limitations of the WC3 engine as much as the shenanigans associated with the Starcraft 2 editor/UMS (at least as I've heard it second hand from my brother).

The Blizzard games were ahead of the curve when it came to exploiting the weaknesses of millions of Koreans through grinding-dependent gimmicks. So was Runescape. bfd.

Well the arena aspect was pretty awesome, but with only 4 months you couldn't have done much. LCD, well yeah the game wasn't tailored like that at all pre70, but you gave up on it too early. Arena was still pretty skill favored and when they introduced resilience that really signified the change between PVE and PVP gear and all that.

When you say move here, take this quest to find/kill something, then every game is incredibly simplistic.

What do you actually play? Hard to understand your taste for games here, especially if you're getting excited for a shooter when the last good one came out in ~2003

I'm not sure where you got the idea I was excited about a shooter? I don't have much time to play a shooter, last time I did was MW3.

I got to level 70 and went on some raids. There was nothing left to do but more raids with dumb mechanics, grind faction for stupid baubles, and PVP. WoW very clearly sacrificed PvE for PvP, and then the PvP and the PvE sucked. I play RPGs for PvE, so it was already starting behind the eightball.

Yeah all RPGs could be reduced to the click/click, but my point was that it was retardedly easy with WoW. Didn't even engage the brain. The group making mechanism? Get stuck with a bunch of 10 year olds who can't even understand a mechanic made for 10 year olds. The art and aesthetics was also unbelievably childish, but thats fine, because the genius of Blizzard was to make the game run on old computers to expand the userbase. But not to make an actually good game.

Basically, Blizzard's ultimate claim to fame was widespread online presence and extremely streamlined grinding-based gameplay suitable for said online play. I don't think anyone could deny their success or influence, but they're still shit games.

The Blizzard games were ahead of the curve when it came to exploiting the weaknesses of millions of Koreans and American children/neckbeards

I don't mean limitations of the WC3 engine as much as the shenanigans associated with the Starcraft 2 editor/UMS (at least as I've heard it second hand from my brother).

The Blizzard games were ahead of the curve when it came to exploiting the weaknesses of millions of Koreans through grinding-dependent gimmicks. So was Runescape. bfd.

I played some SC2 UMS maps a few years back and it was fun, just wasn't at the creative peak that enumerated the original.

Koreans got amazing at SC where there is no grinding. Chinese were the grinders of WoW and it was more fiscal than anything else. WoW was the first non-serious MMO and it excelled. I doubt many of you started in beta and played the first release like me, the game was ruthless. I was getting raped by world PVP and I used to just FPS Doug rage at my PC at the ripe age of 15. PVE was harder back then and PVP was literally the worst thing ever in just spending your entire life getting to Marshal or whatever the highest rank was. But you earned it, it wasn't luck and it wasn't watered down. Sense of pride in that, that I don't think you get nowadays in WoW.

I'm not sure where you got the idea I was excited about a shooter? I don't have much time to play a shooter, last time I did was MW3.

I got to level 70 and went on some raids. There was nothing left to do but more raids with dumb mechanics, grind faction for stupid baubles, and PVP. WoW very clearly sacrificed PvE for PvP, and then the PvP and the PvE sucked. I play RPGs for PvE, so it was already starting behind the eightball.

Yeah all RPGs could be reduced to the click/click, but my point was that it was retardedly easy with WoW. Didn't even engage the brain. The group making mechanism? Get stuck with a bunch of 10 year olds who can't even understand a mechanic made for 10 year olds. The art and aesthetics was also unbelievably childish, but thats fine, because the genius of Blizzard was to make the game run on old computers to expand the userbase. But not to make an actually good game.

Overwatch said it was a shooter. Confused here?

You didn't want to put in the effort to be part of the best and that's no big deal. PVE already sucked at 70 and was more of a PVP expansion. You seriously don't make any sense, you want to play an RPG for PVE experience but then hate that experience? What RPG is different? Because in Final Fantasy games there is less grinding it makes it better or worse? What RPG's do you even like then? This expansion and whenever you played was at least 3 years after release, so keep that into perspective as well.

Well my guild was college kids and I was a high schooler so that's on you. It was like a friggin resume back then to try and get into premier guilds and I got in one in the 60 days and was in a server 2nd kill on nefarian in BWL and felt really cool about it. Means nothing now but I mean we wasted a lot of friggin hours watching videos and grinding to beat those shitty bosses. Shit was hard mannnnnnnnnn

The graphics are pretty solid, and complaining about lower standard proves a point about the modern gamer. A video game is about content, a thing you clearly did not enjoy on this game, because you felt too smart for its simplistic view. I was glad the graphics were terrible, I could barely run the game on my shitty Dell desktop back in 04 and when I got a laptop in college I almost busted a nut at being able to actually run the game without it ever not FPS freezing, adn that's when I started pvp'ing. CS is amazing still to this day because any shit PC can play it, and its gameplay is amazing. BF and COD games update their graphics every year because the modern gaming crowd are dummies.

I played CS well before 1.5 bro, albeit not uber-competitively. Competitive gaming is a shit. Always preferred Day of Defeat anyways.

EDIT: But yeah, Halo is shit too.

DoD is awesome just sadly never caught the hype CS did.

Mathiäs;10931991 said:
Things change and you have to adapt to it, or just be the little bitch that complains instead. CS is back on the MLG circuit, by the way.

Well I just got older and joined the Army, not like i'm crying about it every day here.

Basically, Blizzard's ultimate claim to fame was widespread online presence and extremely streamlined grinding-based gameplay suitable for said online play. I don't think anyone could deny their success or influence, but they're still shit games.

What games were better since the implementation of WoW, D2 or even SC? Specifically PC platform here.

Overwatch said it was a shooter. Confused here?

And I said I was pissed Blizzard was ruining something else. So: Not excited.

You didn't want to put in the effort to be part of the best and that's no big deal. PVE already sucked at 70 and was more of a PVP expansion. You seriously don't make any sense, you want to play an RPG for PVE experience but then hate that experience? What RPG is different? Because in Final Fantasy games there is less grinding it makes it better or worse? What RPG's do you even like then? This expansion and whenever you played was at least 3 years after release, so keep that into perspective as well.

I played Everquest at a super high level for two years, and was one of the top 100 Warriors in the game when I quit to join the Marines. I don't understand your reading comprehension process. I look for quality PvE experiences in an RPG (old Everquest, the Morrowinds series, etc)

WoW created a simple treadmill to support the Arena.

Well my guild was college kids and I was a high schooler so that's on you. It was like a friggin resume back then to try and get into premier guilds and I got in one in the 60 days and was in a server 2nd kill on nefarian in BWL and felt really cool about it. Means nothing now but I mean we wasted a lot of friggin hours watching videos and grinding to beat those shitty bosses. Shit was hard mannnnnnnnnn

Like I said, I went through all that a few years before in EQ, and the the encounters were infinitely more complex, if for no other reason having to coordinate 2-3-4times as many people.

The graphics are pretty solid, and complaining about lower standard proves a point about the modern gamer. A video game is about content,

The graphics were "solid", but childish. I still have some 90s era games that are a blast to play. Many old NES games are a blast. EQ's graphics weren't as "solid" as WoWs. I'm not complaining about the "outdatedness" of the graphics. Gaming is about content, and all WoW had really was the Arena, which was a total tossup in terms of enjoyment.

Isn't EQ grinding worse than WoW? And having to organize more than 40 people is ridiculous, so you're upset at WoW for not doing that? What exactly is your perspective here, it doesn't add up.

Isn't EQ grinding worse than WoW? And having to organize more than 40 people is ridiculous, so you're upset at WoW for not doing that? What exactly is your perspective here, it doesn't add up.

Depends on what you want I guess for grinding. If you just wanted to rack up xp, you don't have to run around much. WoW forced you to keep moving for collect missions and dungeon runs, an annoying extra step (and something EQ eventually added, unfortunately).

I don't see why needing to organize more than 40 is ridiculous. EQ's highwater mark was Planes of Power, and the official raids were capped at 72 iirc, and the encounters were designed for that many. Many less powerful guilds would band together and sometimes try to zerg low and mid tier targets with raids of over 100 people, which occasionally worked. However, you couldn't zerg the higher tiers. You can't macro-win encounters like that, whereas the guys I knew that kept playing wow got to the point where they said they could just macro the whole encounter.
raiding in EQ (back then) was epic and brutal. WoW wasn't even close.

How did gear work in EQ? Or 'buffs' enhancements, etc? Never played but always heard of it as the game that required no outside life because it took up all your time

40 was pretty hard back in the day, now it's 25man/10 man caps in raids because Blizzard realized it. Just having 40 people to show up from 7pm-1/2am was usually hard during weekdays because of school/some kids were cool etc. There were outdoor bosses like your describing your large raids in EQ but those went away after 60 unless i'm forgetting something. Everyone could technically help but couldn't be part of the loot. Raids had movements and whatnot, it wasn't just spamming 1-2-3 in that order the entire fight, it's more like that now though from what I Understand.

Good to see all the DoD love here. That was my favorite game for years.

I hit a curb last night and shredded a tire and scuffed up my rims. 150 bucks down the drain today.

I don't understand half of what's been said on the last page or two.

I'm enjoying a few beers in the Baltimore airport after delivering what I think was a successful paper at a panel. My only goal now is to be sober when I get to my car in the economy lot.