The Whining and Bitching Thread

Dakryn hit the nail on the head! What this forum needs is more slippage of the nipple!

Almost a direct Nietzschean critique, but falls flat at the end. Worry is a symptom of slippage, not a cause.

you misunderstand, i think this concept of peaking and "slippage" as it stands is flawed in the first place, so the act of putting stock into it is what causes the issues one fears it will bring

in a lot of ways its tied the mythos of the genius youth, and the comparison of the self to others, both of which are also at least partially fallacious

you misunderstand, i think this concept of peaking and "slippage" as it stands is flawed in the first place, so the act of putting stock into it is what causes the issues one fears it will bring

in a lot of ways its tied the mythos of the genius youth, and the comparison of the self to others, both of which are also at least partially fallacious

There is biological slippage that begins at the latest in the 30s, which is may be what gives rise to the glorification of youth. Then there is the slippage that occurs when one fails to meet or pursue one's potential, which is what I am referring to.

The piece of shit olive oil cruet that I bought fucking broke already. I set it down with barely any force and the corner busted and oil started pouring out the bottom; I quickly had to hold it over a clean cat food dish that happened to be out so I could salvage the precious oil. All I wanted originally was just a plain plastic condiment bottle, since I had purchased a big can of olive oil and needed a smaller, less unwieldy vessel for pouring/drizzling it. I first looked for one at GFS, but they only had them in a pack of six. Next, I looked at Meijer and what I found was a somewhat ornate glass olive oil bottle, which I figured was classier anyway, but, seeing as it was garbage, it was just a waste of fucking money that negates any original benefit of buying that olive oil in bulk.

Today I was playing baseball, and got hit in the face by a pitch. Right on the cheek below my eye. Fractured in three places, may need surgery. FUCK

Damn. I crowded the plate when I played so I got hit quite a bit but never in the face and still had some hurt like fuck. That sucks ridiculously.

I don't even crowd the plate. It was a 3-2 count so I opened up a little early I think and he hadn't been wild at all. Usually I can turn out of the way to at least let it hit my helmet. Knocked me out cold for a minute