The Whining and Bitching Thread

My statement was aimed at the implication that all you should be at work to do is work, like some sorta robot.

People are more productive when that's not the case. Because people aren't robots.

Work is strange.

Sometimes I sit around and do nothing for days at a time, some days I'm so slammed I can't fucking breath. I feel like that's more oil industry than my company though.

It's not abnormal to sit around for a 12 hr shift here.

I like two 10 minute breaks and a lunch at about the same time every day, while spending the rest of the day working my ass off and listening to music. Can't stand sitting still, I do enough of that at home. It's more of an 'easily bored' mentality than an 'I must work because this is work' mentality.

Call centers were awesome. Busy nonstop all day most days. Too bad the pay is always garbage.

Reactions: The Ozzman
Ya ever see those people working security jobs at department stores just standing there with literally nothing to do, it makes me wonder what they're thinking or how the fuck they can do that for hours.

Reactions: Dak
I like to be flat out at work, and with my job I'm usually in a rush to get all my morning jobs done by midday because I'm shithouse at getting out of bed early. Then arvo is spent trying to get the rest of my jobs done so I can get home at a reasonable hour. Suits me just fine, time never drags. I've worked so many jobs in the past where I've had to go to the same horrible place every day and try not to look at the big clock that seems to be counting backwards and it drove me insane.

i'm happy enough just disappearing into my own head for an hour if work is quiet. like, i'd rather be quiet than super busy and stressed. a happy medium is always best though.

My day literally flies by because its of me yelling at misbehaving students or once in awhile teaching something really fun and interesting. Either way there's always work to do,which is kind of annoying. Always something to grade, or an IEP to write, a parent to call, some type of meeting, or my personal worse a lesson to plan. Teachers work their butts off during those 180 school days and honestly most of that work is done on our own free time. I'm very wary of teachers who say they don't take home work. How? There's not enough preps to get shit done.

Reactions: Phylactery
I ordered what I thought was a legit copy of Metal Magic by Pantera off eBay. Turns out it was a professional CD-R with only the front insert in a slim case and no writing on the CD-R. I filed a dispute saying it wasn't what I thought it was going to be because the description wasn't specific enough.

I know someone here will go 'lol that's what you get for liking Pantera fgt' but whatever. It was only 24 dollars total but it's the principle.

It's one thing to know you're getting a bootleg and it's another to be misled.

Reactions: CiG
24$ for a bad boot. I'd be taking that up with PayPal also.

Also check discogs. A legit cd of that album doesn't exist. No official press since 1983, probably because it messes with their persona too much.

Reactions: CiG
you got anselmowned.

Terry Glaze would like a word with you

24$ for a bad boot. I'd be taking that up with PayPal also.

Also check discogs. A legit cd of that album doesn't exist. No official press since 1983, probably because it messes with their persona too much.

This is good information. I really need to recatalog my stuff on RYM onto that platform only because it'll show what your collection is potentially worth.

Yeah, I'd get a good condition vinyl and rip it, if I wanted it, which I don't. I don't like people who charge OG prices for their shitty bootlegs and I'd include that Greek record label with that.

My day literally flies by because its of me yelling at misbehaving students or once in awhile teaching something really fun and interesting. Either way there's always work to do,which is kind of annoying. Always something to grade, or an IEP to write, a parent to call, some type of meeting, or my personal worse a lesson to plan. Teachers work their butts off during those 180 school days and honestly most of that work is done on our own free time. I'm very wary of teachers who say they don't take home work. How? There's not enough preps to get shit done.

This is why I love teaching. The day just flies by. Before I know it's lunch and then suddenly it's the end of the day. It also doesn't feel like work since I get to do maths all day!

On the other hand, the amount of work that I take home gets me down sometimes. It's none stop during term time. I work at home every night except Friday night and sometimes I will give myself the occasional Saturday off. People don't realise that you don't get enough free periods to mark all your books and plan all of your lessons. We need those extra holidays so we don't die!

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
I like Metal Magic by Pantera. Those first two albums are pretty cool. Power Metal sucks though.

Sorry to hear about you getting ripped off, I'm yet to be burned by someone on Ebay luckily.

He refunded me 15 dollars after I opened my claim. I took it because I didn't think I was going to get any more money back. That and it probably covered his cost of materials + shipping so whatever.

cold--->congestion--->tinnitus spike. FUUUUCCCKKK! :(

My tinnitus gets bad the minute I hit my ride cymbal without earplugs. It sucks. I need some better earplugs too..