The Whining and Bitching Thread

About to my breaking point at work. I've worked 64 hours this week and I have to be in at 5 am in the morning. Assumption would be I'll have ~76-82 hours by the end of tomorrow. Cant get anything done. Cant even get my car inspected before my sticker expires monday.

Cant believe I'm going to just quit a job. Havent ever done that in my life but its the only way I can even escape to look for another job. Life after the oil field has to start for me soon.

Been there man hourwise. Coudn't sustain it for more than the 6 months of deployment or ~4 months of one particular semester, and the latter wasn't even physically demanding. Gotta think about your quality of life at some point.

Part of me wonders if this a worldview that flourishes in isolation (seems to have worked that way for Lovecraft) because I've had a pretty solitary fucking life. To summarize my life story briefly, I grew up in one of the remotest godforsaken places you could imagine without leaving the first world, the only friends I had either died or moved away so I retreated into books and games and lost touch with the world.
This has happened to me as well. It was all throughout middle school and high school for me. Granted, I did get to know people, make friends and socialize a bit more after my junior year started but there was a point in my life where it was just my studies, my hobbies and nothing else. Despite living in a metropolitan area, I've pretty much done the same thing for several years. I second No Country's advice. Don't underestimate the amount of people you may connect with.

Reading Marcus Aurelius right now.
Ah, a favorite of mine.

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present."

Reactions: CiG and Dak
fucking never had much in the way of allergies, but goddamnit something here in ND must be fucking with me that didn't when I was in Michigan.

My shoulder fucking hurts. I've been doing light squats (60lbs) by throwing the barbell over my head and then back over to get it off. That's probably why. I wish I had a squat rack, then I'd be doing 120. I hope I didn't fuck my rotator cuff up or something.

I remember injuring my left shoulder once cause I got distracted while doing seated presses using arguably more weight than I should have. Even years later it still gets sore after an intense session. I fucked up the other shoulder in a dirtbike accident, hyperextending it when I fell, and it is even more damaged than the other. I couldnt even lift my shoulder above my head for a couple weeks. Now, even after warming up my shoulder I cant throw at 100% anymore. It also doesnt like lifting much more than 50lbs.

Reactions: PrincessHades
i tore my rotator cuff playing rugby and I got a steroid shot in it and 2 weeks later I was back to normal. I couldn't lay on it, open doors, do nothing. it was rough

you should learn deadlifts and clean&presses before you start throwing weights around

I do cleans on Thursdays, with 60 pounds for 4 sets of 4. Monday is light weight and high reps for upper body, Tuesday the same for lower body, Wednesday and Thursday are explosive exercises (weighted punches and cleans), and Friday and Saturday are like Monday and Tuesdy but with heavier weight and lower reps. I do light Romanian deadlifts as a warmup before squats and deadlifts, and I try to concentrate on my form.

I had a really harsh workout session today. I was nauseous and very tired afterward, and it seemed to solve my shoulder problem. I may have made a small crack in my finger, though.

I wish I had no friends so I wouldn't feel guilty skipping out on pretty much every wedding, birthday party, bachelorette party etc I'm invited to. I still skip them, but I feel a little bad. Between long work hours and class and a vastly neglected significant other, I really just need weekends to myself. All of them, forever.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom