The Whining and Bitching Thread

Been in such a depressive funk lately. I feel like I’m trapped in some type of machine that’s trying to crush me. It’s been hard to even go out and do things or even talk to people. I just work, come home, and lay down. Or stare at my phone. Heh

Reactions: CiG and Dak
If it gets too bad I’ll probably take a few days off. I feel like I can’t right now since it’s still the beginning of the year.

Heh I dont exactly have to deal with kids all day but I'm waiting for christmas vacation myself... i saved up enough paid time off to take from christmas day until the day after new years, but you get that time off regardless dont you?

maybe just take a Monday off and go have yourself a nice long weekend mini-vacation. It's been about three months now right? Shouldn't be a problem getting one day off.

There’s always something to do. Like planning and grading and writing IEPs. And if I don’t do it on my time the shit literally feels like it’ll consume me. A Monday shouldn’t be too bad. I’m just going to see how long I can last until Christmas break. @Krow yeah I get that week off. Usually when we make it to that point it all feels doable since it’s like midway point. I think for that break I’ll go somewhere though. I really haven’t been socializing at all partly because I just don’t feel like it. Idk a vacation might be helpful.

There’s always something to do. Like planning and grading and writing IEPs. And if I don’t do it on my time the shit literally feels like it’ll consume me. A Monday shouldn’t be too bad. I’m just going to see how long I can last until Christmas break. @Krow yeah I get that week off. Usually when we make it to that point it all feels doable since it’s like midway point. I think for that break I’ll go somewhere though. I really haven’t been socializing at all partly because I just don’t feel like it. Idk a vacation might be helpful.

Is this related to some school/internship shit or is it your job? If it's your job that might be an environment issue and my recommendation would be to change your environment. If it's short-term for school/intern reasons try to utilize some mindfulness and/or make use of any therapy options available locally.

Is this related to some school/internship shit or is it your job? If it's your job that might be an environment issue and my recommendation would be to change your environment. If it's short-term for school/intern reasons try to utilize some mindfulness and/or make use of any therapy options available locally.

It’s the job. I do like my students but my coworkers are unbearable, whiny and judgmental. Especially the one I have to work with since we share the same students. She’s really just not a good person to be around. And the environment is just a bunch of women complaining about the principal and everyone he hired (these women are making it a race thing when it’s not and it’s worse this year). Its not the best environments right now. It’s also just making me really dislike people and the fact that I don’t have time to do other things but be surrounded by these people sucks too. You’re right. I guess some therapy or yoga wouldn’t hurt. I suppose my insurance should cover therapy

Reactions: Dak
My fave Mexican restaurant which was at the end of my street closed without a word of warning last week. Pretty devastated. So we tried a few of the new flashy fitout ones in the area that we hadn't really given a go on the weekend and holy fuck do they suck. If there's one type of food that doesn't need to be overthought and hipsterised, it's Mexican. Just gimme some fucking nachos and a decent burrito with a shot of tequila and a beer and I'm happy. But no, these new joints can't do nachos or burritos because that wouldn't be foodie enough. Far too fucking obvious hhhnnngggffff. I paid $8.50 for a corn chip with a small piece of beef and two bits of onion on it. $9 for some dish that said in the description that it was chilli, corn and cheese which ended up being two long soggy chillies with canned corn kernels thrown on top. And of course they make their own hot sauces because they're creative geniuses and so forth and they taste like arse. THIS WILL NOT STAND

The same thing happened to me with my favourite local Indian restaurant. Now my local place is a place run by a white guy and his Indian wife and they're massive hipsters and the food sucks and the worst part, overpriced!

we had a mexican restaurant here once and it lasted like a month because it was garbage and everyone here is stingy with money unless a place is really good.

which sucks because i love mexican food. thankfully we do have a good italian.

The same thing happened to me with my favourite local Indian restaurant. Now my local place is a place run by a white guy and his Indian wife and they're massive hipsters and the food sucks and the worst part, overpriced!
We've still got a great Indian place near us thankfully. It's pretty expensive also but the food is unbelievably good.

we had a mexican restaurant here once and it lasted like a month because it was garbage and everyone here is stingy with money unless a place is really good.

which sucks because i love mexican food. thankfully we do have a good italian.
The problem here in hipsterville is that people go to the 'cool' looking places with their million dollar fitouts and sit there eating their overpriced rubbish and they love it. Meanwhile the places that actually care about serving quality food for a reasonable price suffer because these places exist.

Reactions: CiG
WV'ians have accepted Mexicans for the most part. Mexican restaurants every fucking where. Not really indians though, I cant think of a single place within a 45 minute drive.