The Whining and Bitching Thread

Went back to the optometrist yesterday as the glasses I got about a year and a bit ago weren’t helping my vision in my crappy right eye at all anymore. I only wore them a handful of times anyway because they have me a headache and double vision if I looked up. Anyway it turns out that my suspicions were correct the whole time and it’s not my vision going because I’m getting older, it’s a motherfucking cataract! I also went to an ophthalmologist last year to make sure because I was convinced that there was something wrong with my eye and he told me exactly the same thing the optometrist did. Useless bunch of tards. Now I’ve gotta have keyhole surgery and a new lens installed in my eye. THEY’RE GOING TO CUT A FUCKING HOLE IN MY EYE.

This is my ultimate fear. I’m wishing you a safe and speedy surgery! This is really scary!

Went back to the optometrist yesterday as the glasses I got about a year and a bit ago weren’t helping my vision in my crappy right eye at all anymore. I only wore them a handful of times anyway because they have me a headache and double vision if I looked up. Anyway it turns out that my suspicions were correct the whole time and it’s not my vision going because I’m getting older, it’s a motherfucking cataract! I also went to an ophthalmologist last year to make sure because I was convinced that there was something wrong with my eye and he told me exactly the same thing the optometrist did. Useless bunch of tards. Now I’ve gotta have keyhole surgery and a new lens installed in my eye. THEY’RE GOING TO CUT A FUCKING HOLE IN MY EYE.

Fuck dude, good luck.

A good friend recently came over and we were playing a space themed board game. I dropped it on a playlist I had made for with spacey stuff from all sorts of genres (mostly stoner/space rock). The 4th album in was Mare Cogntium and maybe 20 minutes in he was all "Are we going to listen to black metal all day?" which would be fair if I was actually inundating him with it, but Jesus, it was one album and the rather accessible Mare Cognitum at that. Meanwhile, I routinely will listen to his post/sludge/metalcore leaning stuff which he knows I'm too fond of, but I play anything even remotely resembling BM or Folk and it's the end of the world. Probably should just agree to play Stoner/Space rock stuff which seems to be the only thing we can agree on.

Anyone else got metal friends you butt heads with on genres?

That sounds insufferable.

The few metalhead friends I have IRL have always had a healthy respect for the classics so bands like Slayer, Megadeth, Celtic Frost, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Death etc could be played all day with no complaints.

Reactions: Omni

The few metalhead friends I have IRL have always had a healthy respect for the classics so bands like Slayer, Megadeth, Celtic Frost, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Death etc could be played all day with no complaints.
I have a friend who listens to nothing but Pantera, Clutch, and stoner metal.

And a friend who listens to nothing but metalcore.

I try not to have metalhead friends irl because usually most of them like shit metal.

I doubt anyone who listens to only metalcore would qualify as a metalhead in the first place. I don't mean that in a "no true scotsman" way, just that metalcore is, generally speaking, metal for people who don't like metal.

Eh, it's not all metalcore. Stuff like Neurosis, Isis, Young Widows, Converge, Dillinger, etc. Most all of it lean towards that shouting or punk vocal style.

Gotta drive to our other plant every day next week to assist in year end inventory, since most of the folks there haven't been in our new ERP system yet and are hardly computer literate. Gotta use a stupid ass laptop. I have a desktop at my main facility, fucking hate laptops.

Dual monitors master race. I got these at work several years ago and will never go back.

I've been using dual monitors at home since like 2011 and I can't go back. When asked what I needed in my lab space at school as a grad student I immediately responded "A decent desktop and 2 monitors". I had to specify decent since the school still warehouses oldass PCs. Mine is still pretty old but it's decent based on what most are using.

I've been using dual monitors at home since like 2011 and I can't go back. When asked what I needed in my lab space at school as a grad student I immediately responded "A decent desktop and 2 monitors". I had to specify decent since the school still warehouses oldass PCs. Mine is still pretty old but it's decent based on what most are using.

I don't even boot into a PC at work. I boot into a Linux environment and log into a virtual Windows environment. I would like just a Windows box but they don't trust people to not get viruses on work computers because people still get fooled by phishing emails these days.

Reactions: Dak

Same with me for the most part. My issues with music compatibility typically arise from friends I know that like alt rock, country, or hip/hop (and not the underground stuff but the shit they play at the club or something that girls like to dance to). Its kind of funny how casuals tend to be extremely picky and opinionated when it comes to music selection.

Fortunately one of my best buds is a fucking huge metalhead with plenty of overlap in taste, so we never have any problems finding common ground.

Overall I agree, and double that for tablets. I'm gonna be using something approximating a desktop with dual monitors until I die.

For actual work nothing beats a dual monitor setup. For casual net browsing and media however, the second monitor tends not to be used that much. Though I'm totally with you, ill never replace having a desktop setup. Ive always hated using laptops and don't even own one anymore.

For actual work nothing beats a dual monitor setup. For casual net browsing and media however, the second monitor tends not to be used that much. Though I'm totally with you, ill never replace having a desktop setup. Ive always hated using laptops and don't even own one anymore.

I need a laptop for school at times, but if I didn't need it I probably wouldn't have one.

Ive been out of school for years now, and then again as a biochem major I had very little use for a laptop in class (taking notes about molecules and reactions would have been impossible to type out). If I needed a computer, id find a computer lab, go to my research lab (unlikely since it was a dinosaur with monitor flicker) or go back to my dorm or home. But yea, if I were in your situation id definitely have one.

ConsideratePiercingAddax-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Omni