The Whining and Bitching Thread

Maybe you should be grateful and appreciative of the opportunity you’ve got of going to a private school and stick to the rules. Instead of whining about it constantly. I bet it costs your parents’ a fortune to send you there.

Theres a difference in perspective. I have an inside view on things, and all I see is that it costs 16k a year, there are less students, they dont have as many government regulations protecting the rights of students, and most of the students are upper middle class-affluent whites. The public school in my area is pretty ghetto but it is more similar to the real world, its free, and being 18 I am protected by a nondisclosure agreement. My parents see it from an outside perspective.

Depends on the state, you can definitely get a ticket for smoking and having possession of tobacco/tobacco products if you're underage in some states.

Yeah I actually heard that the other day, kind of stupid IMO. I dont think it applies in VA.

When smokes went up to about $15 for 30 smokes we started buying it by the kilo (which is illegal) and storing it in the freezer. We used to pay about $40 for a kilo now days the same under the counter stuff is about $120 depending on where you buy it, still expensive but a shitload cheaper than tailor mades that incur all the government taxes and go up in price every six months.

a 20 pack of marlboros is more like £12 here now, probably even more down south. that would've been close to 20 US dollars a few years ago but post-brexit it's more like 15. they're one of the most expensive brands though, the cheapest are holding at about £8 atm

actually i think they were around $3.75. Pall Malls were like $3. Parliaments cost like $12-13 bucks a pack in some stores right now lmao

At least our alcohol is much cheaper in comparison to oher states. A bottle of Glenfiddich 12 or Glenlivet 12 is about $20-25 out here while its like $40-50 in other states.

$40 is about average for a 700ml bottle of whiskey/bourbon/rum etc of an alc/vol less than 43% (which I think is 86 proof but I could be wrong). Single malts etc can be a lot dearer and prexmixed cans of bourbon and cola etc (up to about 8%alc) are around the $40 mark for 10
The cheapest beer is about $35 per carton of 24 and "premium" beers can easily double that.

Long fucking wedding TB :p

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
the thing americans benefit from the most has to be petrol/gas prices. not sure about australia, but much like cigarettes it's taxed to shit in europe, i think ours is like 2.5x more than in the US and in some european countries it's even more.

Smokes are taxed to the point of something like 56 cents of every dollar cigarette is tax and it goes up twice a year.
Petrol is the same but different. It cops two different taxes and both are indexed so they go up with the wholesale price.
Gas is a different kettle of horse shit, we export that to Singapore and then buy it back at a dearer price.

I can't be fucked doing the imperial conversation but standard fuel here is about $1.50 per litre and diesel and premium (higher octane) fuels are a about 10 cents per litre dearer. It does drop in some states to around $1.30 but I haven't seen diesel prices around here drop from $1.50 for about 5 years.

I could be wrong but taking into the approx conversion rates for the dollar and the imperial conversion our prices are similar.

Smokes are taxed to the point of something like 56 cents of every dollar cigarette is tax and it goes up twice a year.
Petrol is the same but different. It cops two different taxes and both are indexed so they go up with the wholesale price.
Gas is a different kettle of horse shit, we export that to Singapore and then buy it back at a dearer price.

I can't be fucked doing the imperial conversation but standard fuel here is about $1.50 per litre and diesel and premium (higher octane) fuels are a about 10 cents per litre dearer. It does drop in some states to around $1.30 but I haven't seen diesel prices around here drop from $1.50 for about 5 years.
Your from Melb aren't you bro? It's below $1.30 at a fair few places around town at the moment.

Nope I'm a country boy with hay between me teeth tooth and cowshit on me boots!
For the last 3 years we've had the ACCC looking into collusion in the fuel industry and they have been focusing on areas from Melb to Bairnsdale and the price of diesel hasn't changed in the entire time since the ACCC started their investigation. Can't be collusion if all the service stations charge the same price!

Reactions: jimmy101
Yeah fuel prices are ridiculous out in the country. Especially somewhere as far as Bairnsdale I'm sure.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah fuel prices are ridiculous out in the country. Especially somewhere as far as Bairnsdale I'm sure.

Stupid thing is for more than a decade we have been told that fuel prices in the valley are high because of transportation, yet Bairnsdale another two hours further usually has prices very similar to Melbourne.

I would have thought transportation costs would have jacked up the price too. Wouldn't surprise me if it's all just being taxed to the shithouse.

We should be all driving electric cars by now anyway.