The Whining and Bitching Thread

Sounds like lazy people who need work to enforce structure in their lives, so they can enjoy what they actually like to do. Fair enough, but I just can't relate. There aren't enough hours in the day as far as I'm concerned and beyond money, all work does for me is makes me too tired to get more out of the free hours I have.

Edit: the longest I've ever been unemployed is about 3 weeks, so maybe I'm just lacking the necessary experience to get this.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
I'm not joking. I find work sort of therapeutic, even though I get annoyed with my work. Sort of a double edged sword at times, but its worth it.

I do agree with that. I'm happy with my job fixing computers and networks when I am left alone to get on with it. Yet it was the long solo hours on the road in the truck, which had some really great moments, that made me more fuckeder in the head that I started out.

I do agree with that. I'm happy with my job fixing computers and networks when I am left alone to get on with it. Yet it was the long solo hours on the road in the truck, which had some really great moments, that made me more fuckeder in the head that I started out.

Working at the hospital for me was the equivalent to your truck driving job

Reactions: Slammed
The hospital I worked at had a psyche ward actually. I had no problems up that way.
It was mostly people in the ER that pissed me off and drove me crazy.

Dickhead inmates, overly suicidal individuals, just ugh. The psych ward had some pretty nice people in there. The rehab part of the ward was cool too.

Reactions: Slammed
Oh I can see that. An ex of mine used to have an illness that saw her needing to go to the ER every 4-6 weeks for a potassium IV. Took 3 hours or so in the ER and the people that used to come in during the early hours were some of the worse of society.

Interesting discussion about being employed and unemployed.

I'm much against the working class sort of "having a jerb" societal fetish, by which I mean people who look down on someone who's relaxing during working hours and they get all salty with "what are you doing, have nothing to do, you don't have a jerb?", I mean that's stupid as fuck. It's usually shitty people with shitty jobs who don't identify as someone specific but rather just as a "person who actually WORKS in contrary to SOMEONE who was LUCKY". It reminds me of a different thing I spotted in some comment box not long ago, where heavy smokers argued that they're the ones keeping the country running because they pay so much on tobacco tax. I mean, sure.

Not to get sidetracked, I was unemployed for four months until this week, so I can relate with much that was said on the last couple pages. First month was super chill and then I missed the structure and feeling of accomplishment, I started setting up my alarm at 7AM and making to-do lists of stuff I thought I could do just to fill up this hole. Looking back, there was definitely a lot of wasted time there.

So yeah, I did enjoy the amount of free time when unemployed, but hell, I could have been more organized.

Well now I'm back at work and happy. I get to wake up soon and I do weird shit that I couldn't have thought of on my own.

I don't mean it like that, I mean literally how did they survive with no income.
i've been surviving with no income for the last 15 months
which will actually be ending tuesday BTW
I'll have an under-the-table job where i will only be working on Tuesdays
and a second under-the-table-job that will be grave-yard-shift monday-friday
[i'm posting this news in the whining-and-bitching-thread because Artix got me the jobs so he could live off of my money, let's see how this well this turns out]

Sounds like lazy people who need work to enforce structure in their lives, so they can enjoy what they actually like to do. Fair enough, but I just can't relate. There aren't enough hours in the day as far as I'm concerned and beyond money, all work does for me is makes me too tired to get more out of the free hours I have.

Edit: the longest I've ever been unemployed is about 3 weeks, so maybe I'm just lacking the necessary experience to get this.

we are kindred spirits on this topic, it's good to see someone else voicing my own feelings. i mean, aside from 'calling' type jobs (i.e. teaching in phylactery's case, and stuff like care work, nursing etc) where altruism is part of the point, and the minority who have 'dream jobs' (as in, getting paid to do something they'd happily do at home anyway), work is just doing something for someone else, and preferring that to doing something for yourself has always been a little bizarre and counter-intuitive to me--often i suspect it's a symptom of poor mental health when people can't hang out by themselves or outside of work structures for long without feeling shitty.

that said, what you and i have in common is being extremely hobby-oriented (read: autistic), to the point where we could probably spend 16 hours straight just diving into our hobbies/interests and go to bed satisfied, which i don't think most people are capable of. most 'normies' i know who like to work do so simply because they get bored at home, and to be honest if i lived the lives they do at home i'd probably feel the same way.

If UBI ever becomes a reality these guys will be fucked, let aloneEdit if automation ever leads to an incidental communist utopia where nobody has to work at all. They'll be begging for the return of capitalism. :D

i've been surviving with no income for the last 15 months
which will actually be ending tuesday BTW
I'll have an under-the-table job where i will only be working on Tuesdays
and a second under-the-table-job that will be grave-yard-shift monday-friday
[i'm posting this news in the whining-and-bitching-thread because Artix got me the jobs so he could live off of my money, let's see how this well this turns out]

I wouldn't really call what you do 'surviving' more like dying in slow motion. I assume Zabu and Draehl aren't homeless for example.

Coupled with a lack of imagination. Surprised Onder can't just sip alcohol, listen to classical music and study fine art all day. ;)

Haha, I guess I would get bored of doing just that and not stepping out of my comfort zone. It is basically how I imagine my retirement though.:)

There's couple more things in the equation, they were already mentioned here.

It's the nature of the job and money. My goal is to get as close as possible to doing something I love and would be doing anyway on my free time, and getting paid for doing it really well. Sort of moulding free time/hobbies and work together. It's not simple to achieve though, and for someone it's probably not possible at all. Some people on the other hand prefer to just work for the money, hate their work, but then end up with way more cash to spend on their vacations and shit. Their work and free time are completely distinct. That's not for me.

I've had a job I hated and kept trying to find cool things to enjoy about it but couldn't, so eventually I decided I don't want to live like that and quit. Best decision ever.

Like the pressure of it is fucking with me so much I begin to grit and grind my teeth and just makes more pain. So now my right jaw hurts as well as the ear canal

Thats what Im thinking.
The problem that lies here is, I dont have insurance anymore.

I would go, but I dont wanna get fucking billed for seeing a doctor about an ear infection and paying for stronger meds to just help with the pain.

Thats what Im thinking.
The problem that lies here is, I dont have insurance anymore.

I would go, but I dont wanna get fucking billed for seeing a doctor about an ear infection and paying for stronger meds to just help with the pain.
Maybe just go to CVS and buy one of those waxvac things and see if it can suck out the thing causing your pain

Caffeine/meth keeping me awake for the last four days has resulted in a huge-ass amount of walking/standing where my feet are now blistered/aching