Themed Mixtape Game

Blind Guardian - Tommyknockers 7/10

I'm not really a fan of this band, but this is a sold enough track. I would probably enjoy it more if it wasn't quite as cheesy.

Mortem - Moon of Cannibalism 7/10

I've never heard this before. I liked it. It also has an amazing song title. I want to check this band out now.

Hypocrisy - Abducted 5/10

This is okay. I knew that someone would pick this. I'm not really a fan of the band.

Pagan Altar - The Time Lord 7.5/10

I knew that someone would pick this too. It's not my favorite Pagan Altar track, but it's a great song and it fits the theme perfectly.

Megadeth - Hanger 18 6/10

I really don't like this song that much, but it's solid. I knew that it would be included because of the playlist theme.

Scanner - Not Alone 7/10

Solid enough and quite enjoyable. It could be better, but it was quite enjoyable.

Deceased - The Triangle 6/10

This fits the theme, but doesn't really make me believe in it.

Oxiplegatz - Battle of Species 7/10

This band is ridiculous and I love it. That's all that I have to say. @no country for old wainds probably picked this.

Vektor - Outer Isolation 4/10

@Baroque brings the mediocre modern technical thrash. How unexpected. :)

Evergrey - The Shocking Truth 1/10

Bad. That's the shocking truth.

Darkspace - Dark 1.1 8/10

Solid track and the most otherwordly thing here so far. Lovely band.

Ecocide - Alien Intervention 5/10

This is another one that fits the theme, but makes me feel nothing about it.

Voivod - We Are Not Alone 7.5/10

Delightful. I thought about picking this. Voivod are probably aliens.

Slough Feg - Vargr Theme/Confrontation 7.5/10

I'm glad that someone picked these guys. They deserve it. Perfect choice.

Inquisition - Infinite Interstellar Genocide 7.5/10

I picked this. I am fond of the idea that Satan inhabits the cosmos as an extraterrestrial force.

I don't care if he doesn't like that Pagan Altar song. I admit that it's not their best, but the band is pretty much universally lauded and loved.

Seems kinda delusional, I've only seen 1 person laud and love them around here. They're not bad, fun little blues grooves. But not really exceptional in any way. It's repetitive background music.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Vektor - Outer Isolation 4/10

@Baroque brings the mediocre modern technical thrash. How unexpected. :)

Delightful. I thought about picking this. Voivod are probably aliens.

Lol you fucking moron. i said in my post I didn't pick Vektor, and the one I did pick you called delightful. Fuck off.

Blind Guardian - Tommyknockers 7.5/10

Cheesy as fuck but I'm quite enjoying this, it's a fun song. As others have said, it would be better if the chorus wasn't so dumb.

Mortem - Moon of Cannibalism 8.5/10

I like this a lot, nice atmospheric intro before getting into the riffs. Very old-school sounding and I like the vocals and production.

Hypocrisy - Abducted 5/10

Pretty much encapsulates everything I'm not looking for in death metal. Not horrible by any means and it does improve around the 2 minute mark, but it's just really uninteresting overall.

Pagan Altar - The Time Lord 8/10

Not one of the best Pagan Altar songs but still pretty fucking good. I adore the production on this.

Megadeth - Hangar 18 8.5/10

Same as Yoda, I played this song a lot on Guitar Hero 2 (one of the most fun songs to play on there) and grew kind of tired of it. It's still great though and full of awesome riffs and leads.

Scanner - Not Alone 7/10

I'd never heard of this band until now but I quite like this, it's just not something I'd listen to very often. The melodies are nice and the vocals soar.

Deceased - The Triangle 8/10

The vocals remind me a bit of Tomas Lindberg, just not as hysterical or expressive. This song is really varied and just overall good. The outro kinda reminds me of some of the Area 51 levels on Perfect Dark.

Oxiplegatz - Battle of Species 7.5/10

I've enjoyed this a bit more every time I've listened to it. The vocals are fantastic and I think this fits the theme well. I don't think it works all too well as a stand alone track and it ends a bit abruptly.

Vektor - Outer Isolation 6/10

I like the intro quite a bit, it creates a nice buildup. Unfortunately, what it builds into isn't very good. Some of the riffs are extremely annoying and it goes on for too long.

Evergrey - The Shocking Truth 2/10

This is awful and easily the worst thing on this playlist. I listened to all of the tracks more than once except this, I couldn't stomach a second listen.

Darkspace - Dark 1.1 8/10

I have Darkspace III which has a more massive production that I think suits what they were going for more. This is still good though, extremely atmospheric and some crushing riffs. I like how they use the vocals, completely unintelligible, in keeping with the incomprehensibleness of space.

Ecocide - Alien Intervention 5.5/10

Really uninspired old-school death metal with some decent riffs.

Voivod are a band that I have known about for years but never dug into them besides a few tracks. That should probably change. This was pretty good.

Slough Feg - Vargr Theme/Confrontation 9/10

A track from this album was going to be my pick but I figured someone else would pick it. I love this album. Fantastic song with strong imagery, awesome riffs and great vocals.

Inquisition - Infinite Interstellar Genocide 8/10

Not as strong as the best tracks from Ominous Doctrines... imo, but still good. Inquisition songs are always packed full of interesting riffs and ideas and this is no different.

Lol you fucking moron. i said in my post I didn't pick Vektor, and the one I did pick you called delightful. Fuck off.

I didn't read through all of the posts because I want the poll results to be a surprise. You'll have to forgive me for thinking that you picked a band that you have discussed multiple times. Get over it. You sound like a child who dropped his lollipop.

Will be rating soon. And I gotta be honest, I consider it a slight travesty that neither Devin Townsend nor Ayreon are mentioned. Or Gwar. Where's the fucking humor?

Oh wait someone picked Evergrey.

I actually like Devin Townsend but Ziltoid is one of my least favorite albums of his and I couldn't think of any good alien-themed songs on his other albums.

Almost went with Townsend's planet smasher. Also almost went with cirith ungols atom smasher.

SMASH PUNY OOMANS

1031761750.png

Reactions: Vegard Pompey