Themed Mixtape Game

people are critcising mortem for not being thematically relevant, even though it's about demons from the moon, but then giving vektor a pass?

re: yoda, i thought you liked early atg, man!

Reactions: Slayed Necros
I love MA(one of my favorite DM bands) ... and im inclined to agree with CIG. Although its pretty close.

Why would he(or anyone else for that matter) not like SBG?

Sorry, "really" probably wasn't the best word to use there. What I meant was, is his opinion based on the fact that Scream Bloody Gore is one of his favourite albums, or more that he just doesn't like Morbid Angel very much. I was using really to mean "does he like it a lot".

Of course, he could also like them both a lot, but just prefers Scream Bloody Gore to any MA. I'm just trying to discern where he's coming from.

He's a Chuck guy not a Trey guy
he's a Torn guy not a Maze guy

He's a Leper not a Lover
he's for Justice - not to Conquer (or maybe not)
he's for Sanctity not for Sin ('' '')
he's Blind &/or Burns Within (Defo)

l would struggle choosing but i think MA probably had the edge with riffs for the first decade.
Then both bands tend to suck.

I've usually agreed with a lot of your opinions so far, but this is one where I couldn't disagree more. Do you really like Scream Bloody Gore, or is it more that you don't like Morbid Angel all that much?

I really like Scream Bloody Gore.
But it doesn't help that I also think Morbid Angel are patchy.

Abominations Of Desolation is the only thing that comes close to the mastery of Scream Bloody Gore in my opinion.

Im mostly an AoM and BatS fan, but I dont think ive ever compared them to Death. Different styles imo.

I can't believe you all dig that Ogliplextasx or whatever its called. I mean, for two seconds I dug it then I found it just retarded. Are you all so desperate to hear styles that haven't been done before regardless if they are good or not? You like djent too?

Im majorly into space oriented sci-fi, so obviously im going to like music that sounds like those themes. Im not even sure if the style is as drastically unorthodox as you are suggesting either; it sounds like standard black metal to me, all they changed was the vibe (I havent listened ti it before previously, but I liked the song selection). As far as djent goes, I actually like obZen. Dont you like shitty doom as long as it sounds genuinely old school?

I didn't make it into the list in time but I meant to post this song, that's why I asked about the androids from gamma sector. I'm linking it just as a bonus to the playlist you don't need to rate it or anything. I was surprised it's not on the list. I don't listen to Nocturnus a lot but I mean COMMAND. MISSION. DESTROY. PLANET. THREE. FROM THEIR SUN.

I expected this to be here as well. The Key is one of my favs.

Also, no Ziltoid?? I know people here don't like Townsend too much but I think the Ziltoid ATTAKKKK song is fucking kickass anyway and would do good in the competition if people listened to it. I just remembered it because I finished a shitty coffee at school tbh.

This too, Ziltoid is such a fun album. It just so happens that DT went all theatrical on Z2 and it ended up sucking hard, but the first Ziltoid is a classic as far as im concerned.

i'm excited about the next one. i hope other people will pick themes of a similar quality. not too broad or obvious, not so specific that there's barely any choice, etc.

Reactions: CiG
Fuck the criticism, Omni's choice was actually my favourite of all and I'm not even a big Inquisition fan (actually I plan to work on that now as a result) honestly I think it was the most creative choice in terms of the lyrical content.