Themed Mixtape Game

I only know who picked one of the songs (aside from my choice) and only becsuse everyone went and made a big deal out of it. I am excited to see the list when the round is over.

Also I doubt Yoda submitted those bands, I am quite certain I know what he chose.

Well shit, don't keep me in suspense. He wouldn't be bitching if it were Realm... so it must be Portrait?

I only know who picked one of the songs (aside from my choice) and only becsuse everyone went and made a big deal out of it. I am excited to see the list when the round is over.

Ozz and CoC?

... :confused:

If you didn't pick up on the stink everyone made about the Realm song, I don't know what to say.

I guess that I am a bad judge of taste as I have no idea what to expect from most people.

I'd go back and read his rating post that contains a literal essay about the song. The rest of his commentary is brief by comparison.

I don't care who wins though and I like the Realm song.

I'd go back and read his rating post that contains a literal essay about the song. The rest of his commentary is brief by comparison.

I don't care who wins though and I like the Realm song.

I kinda figured people would talk less about the song they chose rather than more, so as to allay suspicion (that's the approach I took anyway). But yeah, it doesn't really matter because it was a cool track.

I didn't expect Realm to win (they're not remotely in-crowd) and doubt it would have even if people that it was someone else that submitted it, so I don't particularly care.

While we're guessing I'll hazard that Lordian Guard was Phylactery and Destroyer 666 was Yoda.

Lordian Guard - Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God
6/10
Overly drawn out and relies way too much on spoken word passages, especially when you consider that this is apparently legit preaching going on. The parts with actual singing and riffing are pretty good.
Burzum - Jesu død
9/10
This is a song I remember first hearing on Black Metal Radio, which, for those who don't know, was based around preset "shows" of about 20 songs each, if memory serves. It's one of those examples of lo-fi sound at its best, and, yes, it features a memorable main riff.

Crimson Glory - Azrael
7/10
The intro is strong, really strong. The vocals are bit too squealy; not enough to break it, but enough not to make it.

Destroyer 666 - I am the Wargod
7.5/10

Paradox - Pray to the Godz of Wrath
7.5/10

Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy
9.5/10
Extra credit for sheer chutzpah of submitting a 20 minute song. I'm a pretty big fan of Symphony X and this is one of their best epic tracks. My favorite section would be the "STANDING AT THE EDGE OF PARADISE I SACRIFICE MY TRUTH AND LOYALTY" chorus, probably because I'm partially to melodies and riffs that modulate up by minor thirds, which lends a nice ominous feel, cf. Tiamat - The Ar.

Adagio - In Nomine...
8.5/10
I'm really liking this. From the baroque-sounding intro, I was already sold.

Corrosion of Conformity - Mine Are the Eyes of God
6.5/10
I don't go much for sludgy stuff, but this was alright.

Realm - Eminence
7.5/10
Pretty solid.

Atlantean Kodex - Sol Invinctus
8.5/10
Epic as hell, and one of those instances where it's not so much the chorus but the build-up to the chorus.

Rudra - Hymns to Thee
7/10
Those biscuit tin snare drums are rather jarring. Other than that, it's decent.

Beastcraft - Burnt at His Altar
6.5/10
Bog-standard black metal that doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

Portrait - Lily
8.25/10
I guess this is King Diamond worship, but its not as blatant as, say, Attic. Either way, I support it.

Macabre Omen - A Call From Gods to God
8/10
A fine way to end the playlist.

What the Hell, some of you are so far off in who you think submitted what. Also even if I wasn't hosting I'wouldn't have submitted Lordian Guard. I've said in the past that the vast majority of my choices will be black or death metal since trad/doom always get a big enough showing anyway.

Also, just waiting on Yoda's ratings now.

Reactions: CiG
Lordian Guard - Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God
7.5/10 This is fucking weird and awesome.

Burzum - Jesu død

Crimson Glory - Azrael
8/10 Yep, those fucking vocals.

Destroyer 666 - I am the Wargod
9/10 This song never ceases to amaze me. And hearing it live again last July was a magical experience. KK Warslut is a monster with riffs and one goofy ass fucker.

Paradox - Pray to the Godz of Wrath
6/10

5/10 there might have been a time when I adored this, but those days are long gone. This does nothing for me.

Adagio - In Nomine...
3/10 No. I love how everyone who hates on whatever amazing doom metal song I post and they end up jerking their fucking load to something like this. This fucking sucks.

Corrosion of Conformity - Mine Are the Eyes of God
4/10 Holy fuck this sucks. This is like a B track off of the latest Puddle of Mudd album. Fuck this shit. The song got a little better towards the end, but not much.

Realm - Eminence
6/10 Tech thrash? *sighs* at least this is old enough that it might be good. But like everyone other thrash song that is posted on this, it's ultimately quite forgettable. Better than some though.

Atlantean Kodex - Sol Invinctus
9/10 Fucking wonderful. This is how you fucking make epic heavy metal. I especially the middle sections. I can't tell you how many times I've driven the country blasting this song and album and watching hours just ticket away while I bellow out the chorus.

Rudra - Hymns to Thee
8/10 Not if NS but don't really care either. This is actually surprisingly awesome. Fucking love that dumbass snare sound. Twatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata and fuck those riffs are great. Big props.

Beastcraft - Burnt at His Altar
7/10 Nothing at all original here, but this is just some nice low-fi 2nd wave black metal. Lots of Burzum here, but I really like how distant those drums are in the mix. It really adds to the atmosphere. I think more black metal acts should do that sort of thing, especially if the person playing the drums isn't totally competent or whatever.

Portrait - Lily
7/10 Yeah, this is probably too long, but I really enjoy it. I remember when their first album came out and it was weird and awesome. I never bothered with the rest of their stuff but perhaps I should

Macabre Omen - A Call From Gods to God
9/10

9.5/10
Extra credit for sheer chutzpah of submitting a 20 minute song. I'm a pretty big fan of Symphony X and this is one of their best epic tracks. My favorite section would be the "STANDING AT THE EDGE OF PARADISE I SACRIFICE MY TRUTH AND LOYALTY" chorus, probably because I'm partially to melodies and riffs that modulate up by minor thirds, which lends a nice ominous feel, cf. Tiamat - The Ar.

I certainly didn't do it with the intention of annoying anyone, that's for sure.

Adagio - In Nomine...
3/10 No. I love how everyone who hates on whatever amazing doom metal song I post and they end up jerking their fucking load to something like this. This fucking sucks.
Rudra - Hymns to Thee
8/10 Not if NS but don't really care either. This is actually surprisingly awesome. Fucking love that dumbass snare sound. Twatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata and fuck those riffs are great. Big props.

You're the gayest cunt.