Themed Mixtape Game

You're one lucky guy if you've never met girl who played any of the myriad shit out there that's worse than Lordian Guard.
Oh. I was searching for something wittier. Doesn't really make sense considering I said
Lordian Guard - Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God
This is absolutely the worst fucking thing I've heard ever and I wanted to kill myself several times before it ended. 0/10

Well EspaDa didn't rate as expected.

Here are the results:

Destroyer 666 - I am the Wargod - 8.1 @Elric of Melniboné
Realm - Eminence - 7.8 @HamburgerBoy
Paradox - Pray to the Godz of Wrath - 7.6 @Vegard Pompey
Crimson Glory - Azreal - 7.4 @Krow
Atlantean Kodex - Sol Invictus - 7.2 @Serjeant Grumbles
Burzum - Jesu død - 7.1 @The Ozzman
Adagio - In Nomine - 7.1 @Baroque
Macabre Omen - A Call from Gods to God - 6.3 @Master_Yoda77
Corrosion of Conformity - Mine are the Eyes of God - 6.2 @Satanstoenail
Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy - 6.0 @Talos of Atmora
Portrait - Lily - 5.9 @no country for old wainds
Rudra - Hymns to Thee - 5.6 @Internally Deformed
Lordian Guard - Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God - 5.2 @Vilden
Beastcraft - Burnt at His Altar - 4.9 @EspaDa

My thoughts:

Favourite pick for the theme: Lordian Guard - it's not my favourite track here but I thought it was a cool pick for this theme and a great opener for the list.

Least favourite pick: Symphony X - fuck this band. HamburgerBoy's review of it was spot on.

Best review comment: Satanstoenail - "I dunno, more oiled up men rollerblading hand in hand" hahaha.

Most disappointing results: Lordian Guard and Macabre Omen - both deserved higher placements imo.

I didn't think that I was going to win and I have no idea what a good theme would be. I'll have to come up with an idea. I thought that Realm would be the winner.

Reactions: CiG
Congratulations @Elric of Melniboné, you've been here 3 seconds and already you've won a game.

I liked this playlist a lot myself, discovered that I quite like a few new bands. Which is the whole reason I like to play! Oh and it was totally obvious that big brutha @Master_Yoda77 submitted that fucking Macabre Omen track, lol at people thinking he submitted Lordian Guard.

Reactions: Elric of Melniboné
The zero didn't make sense. It makes you sound like that Jewish guy at the beginning of Schindler's List saying things couldn't possibly get any worse.
Well things definitely didn't get any worse in that playlist. Normally I can find some sort of redeeming quality somewhere, but not with that song. Hence the zero. Makes perfect sense to me.

My first choice was Kawir - Hail Bacchus and I totally fucking forgot that I already submitted that song. I also totally forgot that I submitted a Macabre Omen song. Time to submit a Varathron or Rotting Christ song next.

That's your opinion that it's my opinion. Opinions are not objective after all

akWMSfl.jpg

Reactions: Internally Deformed
Watch out, he'll call you out for calling him Omni when Deron already proved us wrong because he doesn't understand sarcasm.

Actually, I planned on just ignoring him because it's old news at this point, but thanks for the moral support. You're awesome.

I have a theme idea. I will post it shortly because I want to add my own thoughts to the post. Stay tuned!

The theme for the next round will be songs inspired by the literature of Michael Moorcock. This is a round that I would love to play in myself. I suppose that I'll rate the playlist after the round is over.

4135063151_147a64cbfe.jpg

I'm sure that most people already know this, but Michael Moorcock is a fantasy and sci-fi author who has also recorded his own music and collaborated with Hawkwind and Blue Öyster Cult, among others.

elric33.jpg

If you still don't know who he is, maybe you've heard of Elric of Melniboné or possibly seen Michael Whelan's stunning artwork of him adorning the album covers of Cirith Ungol.

Have fun and make sure that you pick songs that are themed appropriately. Send me a PM with your selections.

Before I forget, is the rule generally that you don't allow more than one song by a given artist?

Lmao, way to confound expectations with that theme. Still, should be a good one. And yeah, if there isn't already a rule about multipile submissions from the same artist we should make one. It might get a little boring if half the playlist is Cirith Ungol songs.