Themed Mixtape Game

Do people just do lyrical theme searches on MA and if nothing comes up, they give up?

It's weird that people are so unfamiliar with the songs and song themes contained within albums they love/own/downloaded.

A lot of stuff sounds very Moorcockish without necessarily being Moorcock inspired was my problem (anything with chaos in the title, for instance). Anyway I found something now so I'll stop bitching.

Do people just do lyrical theme searches on MA and if nothing comes up, they give up?

It's weird that people are so unfamiliar with the songs and song themes contained within albums they love/own/downloaded.

Maybe because it's music? Personally when I listen to music I usually like to kick back and listen, not crouch over the lyric book and nerd out on what is probably just going to end up being 2nd or 3rd rate poetry. I do read some lyrics, but a lot of the time they are just an afterthought.

Ive never read any Moorcock before (gasp!), where would you all recommend starting? I was going to come back and play this round, but I cant make an appropriate theme selection about something that I am unfamiliar with.

I thumbed around the internet looking for an idea of what this theme would be about. I'm sure I have music in my collection that involves this stuff but I'm not familiar with the material so I'm not going to submit something and pretend like I get it.

I might rate if the list isn't overly time consvming.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey