Themed Mixtape Game

I'm listening to this now and my initial impression is that a lot of people chose classic songs with a type of building in the title that aren't really about buildings.

I'm listening to this now and my initial impression is that a lot of people chose classic songs with a type of building in the title that aren't really about buildings.

Kind of agree. Was hoping for more 'majestic' stuff like Summoning or Manowar. (Not that I know what specific songs (if any) by those bands would work, but along those lines you know. Although preferably something less obvious.) That said, there are some really great songs in this list by bands I've never heard so I'm not entirely disappointed.

I mean surely there's some majestic power/doom/whatever metal epic about a world wonder or some other big-ass fucking building out there.

Kind of agree. Was hoping for more 'majestic' stuff like Summoning or Manowar. (Not that I know what specific songs (if any) by those bands would work, but along those lines you know. Although preferably something less obvious.) That said, there are some really great songs in this list by bands I've never heard so I'm not entirely disappointed.

Ultimately there probably just aren't that many songs about buildings. I mean, Manowar has Bridge of Death, but ultimately the bridge is just a path to meeting and praising Satan. You can't kill or fuck a building (easily), you kill or fuck its inhabitants.

Ultimately there probably just aren't that many songs about buildings. I mean, Manowar has Bridge of Death, but ultimately the bridge is just a path to meeting and praising Satan. You can't kill or fuck a building (easily), you kill or fuck its inhabitants.

I think that there are quite a few songs about buildings, as I had to choose between five songs that I really wanted to submit and none of my alternates are on the list.

Doomentor - The Tomb

5/10

This was just okay. I'm not too excited by it.

Manilla Road - Necropolis

6/10

I really like this song, but I don't think that it's really about buildings specifically so I took of a couple of points.

Sepultura - To the Wall

6/10

This is another song that I really like but I don't think it's really about buildings.

The Lamp of Thoth - The House

7/10

Not a great song but it's actually about a building unlike a lot of the classics that were chosen for this round.

King Diamond - A Mansion in Darkness

8/10

Even though I feel its stronger in the context of the album, this song is totally focused on the mansion and encapsulates the theme of buildings amazingly well.

Dimmu Borgir - Mourning Palace

3/10

I'm not feeling it.

Falcon - Castle Peak

8/10

This is pretty funky and has that nice early heavy rock/metal thing going for it. I recently listened to the album and enjoyed it a lot.

Angra - Temple of Hate

2/10

I don't really like this and I don't think that it's really focused on buildings.

Morbid Angel - Chapel of Ghouls

7/10

A badass and evil classic. It loosely fits the theme of buildings but I would give more points if it focused more on the chapel itself.

Enochian Crescent - Black Church

5/10

I don't like the song but it's one of the most appropriately themed picks in the round.

Psychotic Waltz - Spiral Tower

7/10

I haven't heard this band before. Not bad.

Vinterland - A Castle so Crystal Clear

7/10

This has some cool melodies. I expected something different. It fits the theme too.

End Amen - Prisons of Posterity

4/10

This song is about history and not buildings.

Wolfnacht - A Demonic Winter Conceals the Shadow Tower

7/10

This seemed pretty cool. It made me feel cold inside. I used Google Translate to understand the lyrics.

Heir Apparent - Tear Down the Walls

9/10

I really enjoyed this song. It's my favorite on the playlist and it fits the theme very well.

This is why I didn't end up submitting. Found several songs with buildings in the title that weren't actually about buildings.

I thought of quite a few songs about castles and temples and things. The lyrics weren't solely focused on them but they appeared more than just in the title.

Just admit you're still traumatised from my Gods/Deities theme, which is why you've not played since :p

This is why I didn't end up submitting. Found several songs with buildings in the title that weren't actually about buildings.

Yeah, I admit that I had to actually look for some, but I did find five that I really liked and then I picked the one that I thought would be the most unique. I'll create and post a list of other songs about buildings later if anyone wants to see it.

In particular, I thought that "Prisons of Posterity" is a dumb pick because the title obviously refers to history when you read the lyrics to the song. It's not about a building at all.

My rating guidelines for this round generally included +/- 3 based on if the song matched the theme, with some exceptions that were made for really good or bad songs.