Themed Mixtape Game

In order to listen to the 13th track, Iron Brotherhood, skip the full The Revenant King album to 29:21 mark. I had to embed the full album because there is a sole demo version available

What are you implying? I didn't remove any songs now as I used to do in the past, let the raters say whether it's on theme or not. Also, you don't take part in the game and yet you bitch around the most. Get a fucking life or something granny.

Wow, no "Metal" or "Heavy Metal to the World" by Manilla Road. That's surprising.

Great to see that "Pirates of the Underground" made it in, even though I think that a lot of people won't understand that it's themed right.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Venom - Black Metal

7.5/10

Still evil to this day. People will probably downvote this because it seems cool to hate on Venom nowadays.

Sarcofago - Deathrash

7/10

I don't even have to say it.

Metal Church - Metal Church

8/10

I always forget how cool this album is. I should listen to it again soon.

Pandemonium - Heavy Metal Soldiers

6.5/10

It takes a little while to get going, but this turns out to be a pretty cool song. Unrelated to my rating, that cover art is just terrible.

Blood Duster - Metal as Fuck

4/10

Catchy in an annoying way and actually pretty annoying in general. It's not for me.

Crypt - Metallust Fever

8/10

I've never heard of this. The desperation here seems pretty authentic and the pacing drives it home. Really cool.

Fates Warning - Pirates of the Underground

10/10

I entertained the thought of submitting this song, but I decided not to because I know that some people will think it is off-topic. Absolutely great.

Satan's Host - Metal From Hell

8/10

I just bought this album. Conklin's vocals take this over the top. The production belies how awesome it is.

Cryonic Temple - Eternal Flames of Metal

5/10

It's not terrible but it isn't quite to my taste. The vocalist is absolutely generic too.

Nargaroth - Black Metal ist Krieg

3/10

This was really annoying. At least now I know where that phrase is from.

Banzai - Voy a tu ciudad

6/10

This was decent. I used Google Translate and the lyrics don't really come across to me as those of a metal anthem.

Exmortus - Metal is King

6/10

The extreme vocals sound pretty out of place to me. This would be cooler with some type of traditional metal singer.

Visigoth - Iron Brotherhood

6.5/10

Putting this next to Manowar maybe weakens my perception of its quality. I still think that it's good. People should pick songs that are available by themselves. I didn't factor that into my rating but it's just common sense.

Manowar - Gloves of Metal

10/10

This song manages a level of restraint and quality of pacing that some of the other Manowar metal anthems don't have. Good way to end the playlist.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
I would have submitted Helloween - Heavy Metal (is the Law) if I was playing I think. That or Manowar - Blood of the Kings mostly because it rules and Gloves of Metal is a too obvious choice for this board. :)

Reactions: Elric of Melniboné
Venom - When l first heard this - 87-88 - it was like 'Why would l want to buy Venom over the new Testament or Death's debut or Taking Over?' because it sounded old and tired by then. Years later l got it. But that wasn't the mindset back then. This is of course, Metal as about Metal gets. It's great in hindsight because you can see just how fundamentally different this would have sounded to the average Ozzy or NWOBHM fan back then. it just never rocked my boat 6/10

Sarcofago - Superb nasty chaos with drums that have always annoyed me but l love it so..7/10

Metal Church - l have never got along with MC. Always just seemed too clean and simple - not in a good Testimony of the Ancients way - and the vocals suck. 4/10

Pandemonium - Love the vocalist and upbeat sound of this. Killer stuff 8/10

Blood Duster - i've got a semi for this band and have seen them many times live. l think they're one of those bands that you know by their sound and that's admirable.Saying that they have written many a crap tune. This ain't one of them 7/10

Crypt - Would like to hear a more polished mix but this is pretty cool. Kick ass stuff for 87. Sound, riffs etc good shit 7/10

Fates Warning - l have Perfect Symmetry on tape somewhere which i'm not sure is as good as this sounds but FW rule. Hey this is some ace stuff. l really need to do some proper homework on this album. 8/10

Satan's Host - YEEEEEEAAAHH Metal from Hell. Bad mix but l can see the Metal forces aligning for this on a large scale. this is vicious and l love the backing vocals ascending awww's 7/10

Cryonic Temple - Like/dislike this sort of thing. its waaaay too clean in that latter day Arch Enemy sound but it has a few pros as well, mainly a killer vocal for this music and obviously killer chops all round. This is background music for me, nothing of note. Sounds like 500 other modern metal bands 4/10

Black Metal Ist Krieg - Done in a fitting combination of riff, vocal and beat, BM works wonders..this is on the edge of that. It could slay but its sword is blunt from repetitiveness and Disease. Could do better 5/10

Banzai - Kinda backward tryhard rock. Loudness they ain't. They could no doubt make me eat my words but not tonight. 4/10

Exmortus - If l could just have the solo's with Cacophony riffs please that would be great. Everything outside of the leads to me reeks of your AX7, Dragon Force type shite. It's not big nor clever. 5/10

Visigoth - Same nitpicks lve had previously but ld happily listen to this - production? combination of riffs? dunno but it's almost the most metal thing here. Killer 7/10

Manowar - Disappointing finish to an otherwise great playlist. Manowar just ain't Heavy. It's like the tough guy telling you he's the hardest man in the room. No he's not, and as soon as he says that you know it. 3/10

Reactions: Satanstoenail
I haven't listened to Into Glory Ride in a while so maybe my opinion will be different now, but when I first heard Gloves of Metal (my first Manowar song) I thought it sounded kind of like a non-prog 70s Rush, definitely less heavy than I wanted.

Boyowar sucks you fags/dykes haaha get over it
Given their first four albums are four consecutive stone cold classics, and they continued to put out decent to good studio records until 2002, almost each member is among the finest in metal at their chosen instrument, and they have a unique style, were prime movers in power metal, and have their own vaunted trademark image? You can blow your trite dismissal out your prolapsed asscrack.