Themed Mixtape Game

I heard Joey DeMaio is the fastest bass player in the world according to Joey DeMaio.

Last edited:
I don't know whether or not he actually said that, but "Sting of the Bumblebee" is a pretty fast bass performance. I think it's over 200 BPM according to what I read at some point, which is fairly fast.

The world's fastest bassist is some Indian guy who is inhumanly quick.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Just to clarify Krow, l rate these games in my shed where l smoke. Not in the house. My girlfriend smokes as well and occasionally when l am rating will be in here and offer her opinion on whatever track she hears. l mention her for the hell of it. lm divorced btw 2 kids, Heard BM more than 28 years ago. that ok?

Venom - Black Metal
I thought this was purest evil when I first heard it. Not so much now but it's definitely a stone cold classic. Fuck Abaddon was the worst. 9/10

Sarcofago - Deathrash

Messy and evil and quite good really. 7/10

Metal Church - Metal Church

Pretty lifeless and the vocals are really annoying. 4/10

Pandemonium (US) - Heavy Metal Soldiers

This was pretty good once it got going. 6.5/10

Blood Duster - Metal as Fuck

Death & Roll done right - good vocals, killer riffs. 8/10

Crypt - Metallust Fever

Yawnworthy. 4/10

Fates Warning - Pirates of the Underground

Not my thing but there are some great parts in this and the execution is undeniable. 7/10

Satan's Host - Metal From Hell

Christ what a mess. There's some energy here but the annoying forced screams, shocking production and sloppiness ruin it. 4/10

Cryonic Temple - Eternal Flames of Metal

Cheese. 2/10

Nargaroth - Black Metal ist Krieg

The blasts sound like maracas and cardboard boxes. 2/10

Banzai - Voy a tu ciudad

Shit. 2/10

Exmortus - Metal is King

More cheese. 3/10

Visigoth - Iron Brotherhood

PLACE YOUR FIST INSIDE YOUR BROTHER 5/10

Manowar - Gloves of Metal

Comedy gold, but where is the clip? The clip is awesome. It isn't heavy either, really weird empty mix. Fuck Eric Adams can sing though. 8/10

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Venom - Black Metal
10/10.

Sarcofago - Deathtrash
7/10.

Metal Church - Metal Church
5/10.
Never been overly fond of Metal Church

4/10.
Whatever

Blood Duster - Metal as Fuck
5/10.

Crypt - Metallust Fever
5/10.

Fates Warning - Pirates of the Underground
3/10.
Vaguely on topic song gets huge in crowd ratings, news at 11.

Satan's Host - Metal From Hell
8/10.
The Tyrant rules in Hell.

Cryonic Temple - Eternal Flames of Metal
5/10.
Bland and cheesy. Yuck.

3.5/10.
Nargaroth ist a faggot.

Banzai - Voy a tu ciudad
4/10.

Exmortus - Metal is King
7.5/10.

8/10.

Manowar - Gloves of Metal
10/10.

You guys fucked this playlist horribly. Could have been fun. That was a fucking chore to sit through.

Reactions: Elric of Melniboné
The Fates Warning song is totally on-topic. It's just less obvious than a lot of the other songs in here because of the typical John Arch lyrical style.

It's not my pick but I wouldn't mind if it won because it's a really good one.

Since no one wants to rate anymore, I'm going to post predictions on who submitted what.

Venom - Black Metal @Phylactery
Sarcofago - Deathtrash @Slayed Necros
Metal Church - Metal Church @HamburgerBoy
Blood Duster - Metal as Fuck @Satanstoenail
Crypt - Metallust Fever @CASSETTEISGOD
Fates Warning - Pirates of the Underground @Vegard Pompey
Satan's Host - Metal From Hell @no country for old wainds
Cryonic Temple - Eternal Flames of Metal @Serjeant Grumbles
Banzai - Voy a tu ciudad @Drudenhaus
Exmortus - Metal is King @Baroque
Manowar - Gloves of Metal @Master_Yoda77

I can't figure out the others, but these were based off of what I know and what I gleaned from the way people rated. I await the end results so I can see how accurate it turned out to be.

I didn't actually submit a track. I would have probably gone with Sarcofago if I did submit, though. "If you are a false don't entry" was the first line that came into my head when I saw the theme.

I agree with with most of your picks. I would have said Yoda for Visigoth if Manowar weren't there so I'm not sure now. Dweller might have submitted Nargaroth. I'm going with Satanstoenail for Venom.

You may be right, but I can only make one prediction and I have to do it without help or it will bore me. I might do this in future rounds too.

l never said l hate Boyowar. l just see them as a bit of a fun distraction. You made me revisit some of their early stuff and to be honest..it still sucks, but l can appreciate the fan boy lust for theses warriors of metal as they were to a degree original for their time. that's not to say it's any good mind.

l never said l hate Boyowar. l just see them as a bit of a fun distraction. You made me revisit some of their early stuff and to be honest..it still sucks, but l can appreciate the fan boy lust for theses warriors of metal as they were to a degree original for their time. that's not to say it's any good mind.
Keep dreaming, Eric Adams is one of metal's best singers, Ross Friedman is one of its finest guitarmen, Joey DeMaio one of its greatest bassists, and Scott Colombus among its most exemplary drummers, their 80's material is untouchable, and they make just about anyone look like posers in a live setting.

Eric Adams is the standout talent in the band imo. None of the others are remarkable in any way. Joey DeMaio plays with a pick for crying out loud. Playing bass super fast with a pick isn't anything to boast about.

I still haven't seen any evidence of Joey DeMaio boasting about being the fastest bass player. I actually looked for it too.
I read it somewhere a very long time ago, no idea where or if it's actually true. He is mentioned in a lot of 'fastest bass players' threads on forums though.