Themed Mixtape Game

Venom - Black Metal

Classic. 9/10

Sarcofago - Deathrash

I've never understood the problem so many people have with the drumming on I.N.R.I. Unhinged mayhem. 10/10

Metal Church - Metal Church

9/10

Pandemonium - Heavy Metal Soldiers

Pretty uninspired for a metal anthem. 5/10

Blood Duster - Metal As Fuck

Rubbish. 3/10

Crypt - Metallust Forever

Sounds particularly good after the last two songs. 7/10

Fates Warning - Pirates of the Underground

Good pick. Flawless song. 10/10

Satan's Host - Metal From Hell

Exactly what comes to mind when thinking of songs about metal. 9/10

Cryonic Temple - Eternal Flames of Metal

The odd quality riff here is drowned in cheese. These lyrics are horrendous. 4/10

Nargaroth - Black Metal Ist Krieg

Insufferable. One point for being on theme, I guess. 1/10

Banzai - Voy a tu ciudad

Can't be bothered translating the lyrics. Average. 5/10

Exmortus - Metal is King

I can't stand this insipid shit. 2/10

Visigoth - Iron Brotherhood

Not bad, but I'm not feeling it. 6/10

Manowar - Gloves of Metal

Precisely what this playlist needed A LOT more of. 9/10

Given their first four albums are four consecutive stone cold classics, and they continued to put out decent to good studio records until 2002, almost each member is among the finest in metal at their chosen instrument, and they have a unique style, were prime movers in power metal, and have their own vaunted trademark image? You can blow your trite dismissal out your prolapsed asscrack.

ha they blow, and they're not heavy, and they are not unique, get over it

ha they blow, and they're not heavy, and they are not unique, get over it

Can you recommend me another band that sounds like early Manowar from 1982 or earlier? You seem to be an expert on them even though you dislike them. Since I love early Manowar, I would love to know these other bands that sound like their early music.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Venom - Black Metal

Classic. 9/10.

Sarcofago – Deathtrash

Brazil > Norway, fact. 8/10.

Metal Church - Metal Church

Classic. 10/10.

Pandemonium (US) - Heavy Metal Soldiers

I always avoided these guys due to an assumption that if they were signed to Metal Blade in 1983 and no one talked about them, they must have been shit. This wasn’t bad at all. Super catchy chorus. 7/10.

Blood Duster - Metal as Fuck

This was kind of dumb and had unoriginal riffs but I still enjoyed it. 6/10.

Crypt - Metallust Fever

I can’t remember if I’ve listened to this once ages ago and forgot about it or just never got around to it. I definitely remember that cover art and being curious about them. At first this sounded pretty good, raw bass-heavy sound, but the riffs are too repetitive and the lyrics are shit enough that for a second I thought “Oh yeah these guys were a Dutch band right?” only to see my mistake. Actually that brief part near the end was cool, bonus points there, unfortunately they go back to the chorus again after. 5/10.

Fates Warning - Pirates of the Underground

One of the greatest songs of all time. 10/10.

Satan's Host - Metal From Hell

A couple songs I enjoy from this album, this isn’t one. Conklin obviously sounds great but everything else is pretty limp. Bad riffs. 4/10.

Cryonic Temple - Eternal Flames of Metal

Never heard of them. Not bad, but nothing special. Vocalist sounds a little comical, especially during the chorus, like he’s being over-dubbed with a seventy year old man or something. Actually minus one more point for that lame Maiden harmony section. 3/10.

Nargaroth - Black Metal ist Krieg

Good vocals and atmosphere, too repetitive but still better than 99% of black metal that takes itself seriously. 5/10.

Banzai - Voy a tu ciudad

Average song, great energy. 7/10.

Exmortus - Metal is King

It’s decent enough power metal at first but there’s too much neoclassical wank. One of those riffs are borrowed from Vektor as well I think. I’m enjoying it a little more than usual since otherwise this would be the last song on the album, but eh. 5/10.

Visigoth - Iron Brotherhood

This was ok, I think we had another song from this band and it was much worse. The sing-a-long part at the end was bad though. 4/10.

Manowar - Gloves of Metal

Yeah this song still isn’t that good. I mean it’s not bad, but it lacks the weightiness of the other material from this album, a little too fast and upbeat for that, yet way too slow for the kind of riffing it has. Nothing compelling about it. 5/10.

Manowar were everything we didn't want our metal Gods to be. They looked gay and seemed to persist in carrying that on ad nauseum. They wrote cringe 'Anthem' after cringe 'Anthem'. Maybe that's why you like them so much. It was never for me. They were not/are not special. The longer they persisted the more it just became an ongoing joke (l mean really?, babyoil? fuck off)

Lets not get too butt hurt about some dick on the interwebs not loving my band like l do folks.
There's plenty of shite l listen to that other metalheads hate - look at my ever beloved avatar - means shit all to me.

Manowar were everything we didn't want our metal Gods to be. They looked gay and seemed to persist in carrying that on ad nauseum. They wrote cringe 'Anthem' after cringe 'Anthem'. Maybe that's why you like them so much. It was never for me. They were not/are not special. The longer they persisted the more it just became an ongoing joke (l mean really?, babyoil? fuck off)

Lets not get too butt hurt about some dick on the interwebs not loving my band like l do folks.
There's plenty of shite l listen to that other metalheads hate - look at my ever beloved avatar - means shit all to me.

It's fine if you don't like Manowar. It's kind of lame that you make claims that they weren't a unique sounding band though. You seem to be making your dislike of them pretty personal anyway so I'm done talking to you about it.

Cause you can't defend your favourite band personally? ok whatever
here are the Kings...

could have been a vid from 1984
uh yeah crap riff...homo vocal......better riff but still...wow that's original...'we are thunder wind and rain' cripes i'm so shocked by the originality here...'they invented it'..NO they did not.....'Brothers everywhere, raise your hand into the air' Where's the bucket? l can appreciate a bit of dumbed down 'l love metal' schlock every now and again but this shit stinks. Seriously after a song or 2 this band gets tired very fast.
You cant defend Manowar because they are eternal ammunition for 'true' metal lovers like me. Believers in 'real' 'metal' not 'false' metal like pretend bands..like Boyzon...uh no....Men to Me...uh on... uh ...Ma...Mano....Mano etc etc

l tell ya a Manodisput song l did like and that was ..no sorry... i've just spent 20 minutes trawling through 6 or so Mano songs and l honestly thought i was going to get something l admired to paste here but...unfortunately, they all sucked real hard. shite like.False hope

Sarcofago – Deathtrash

Brazil > Norway, fact. 8/10.

Nargaroth - Black Metal ist Krieg

Good vocals and atmosphere, too repetitive but still better than 99% of black metal that takes itself seriously. 5/10.

Lies and slander on both accounts! Brazil obviously had some amazing releases like Morbid Visions, I.N.R.I and Goetia, but so did Norway.

I don't think "Black Metal isn't Krieg" is among the worst things ever. I do find the vocals quite annoying, though.

I never expected you to rate Venom so highly. I guess I just can't work out your taste fully.

I feel like something is weird with SirJack saying he heard Black Metal 28 years ago but on one playlist was telling us a play by play of what his girlfriend thought of the songs. Just seems weird of a 40+ yr old man...

Reactions: Elric of Melniboné
Cause you can't defend your favourite band personally? ok whatever
here are the Kings...

could have been a vid from 1984
uh yeah crap riff...homo vocal......better riff but still...wow that's original...'we are thunder wind and rain' cripes i'm so shocked by the originality here...'they invented it'..NO they did not.....'Brothers everywhere, raise your hand into the air' Where's the bucket? l can appreciate a bit of dumbed down 'l love metal' schlock every now and again but this shit stinks. Seriously after a song or 2 this band gets tired very fast.
You cant defend Manowar because they are eternal ammunition for 'true' metal lovers like me. Believers in 'real' 'metal' not 'false' metal like pretend bands..like Boyzon...uh no....Men to Me...uh on... uh ...Ma...Mano....Mano etc etc

l tell ya a Manodisput song l did like and that was ..no sorry... i've just spent 20 minutes trawling through 6 or so Mano songs and l honestly thought i was going to get something l admired to paste here but...unfortunately, they all sucked real hard. shite like.False hope

You're being a baby right now with all of the insults.

You made the claim that Manowar wasn't unique and were asked to show other bands with the signature Manowar elements from 1982 or earlier. As I stated earlier, there's no point in discussing it further if you make claims and won't back them up.

I personally only like the first four Manowar albums, so I'm really not sure what posting later songs that sound different from their earlier material has to do with anything anyway. I assume that your next post will claim that nobody liked them during the 1980s or something, which is definitely not the case.