Themed Mixtape Game

I hope none of that shit is entered. Surely we have enough uncommon/obscure shit talking about Satan or witches ffs.

Yeah, if I was hosting the round I'd definitely ban "Black Magic", as great as it is. I'm sure everyone's heard it here. I don't mind obvious picks so much when they're an interesting take on the theme.

Tokyo Blade - 6 I know I've heard this album before by the art. Nothing really stood out now or then. Wannabe Rocky 2 soundtrack music.

Geisha Goner - 7.5 one of those early 90's thrash bands that were still kicking ass. Still not as great as some of the more technical stuff from that era. They do belong on this samurai list, at least.

Martyr - 3 I was excited to see this pick, hoping it was Canadian tech death band Martyr. I quite wish it had been them, this pales in comparison.

Flotsam and Jetsam - 8 semi-obvious choice, still much better than the previous track.

Metalucifer - 2 wow this is garbage

Sabbat - 7 It's ok

Cacophony - 8.5 Best on the list so far. *thumbs up*

Nightstryke - 4 is the number of chords they know, and the only meter they play in. sounds like a high school garage band, some of the most vanilla riffs i've ever heard.

Enforcer - 7 Yeah these guys are pretty good, probably rating higher since I saw them live.

Garm - 5 pretty vanilla also, a bit more variety than Nightstryke. At least they have "modulations" for the chorus and bridge

Tokyo Blade - Warriors Of The Rising Sun 8/10
Kinda fucking obvious pick but I'll let it go because I hardly listen to this band for some weird reason. This song is great, man.

Geisha Goner - The Fallen Race 6.5/10

Really clunky and awkward at times, especially the dumb ass vocals, but it had a certain charm that I felt made it all work.

Martyr - Speed Of Samurai 6.5/10

This sounds so raw, obviously the vocals are the main attraction here!

Flotsam & Jetsam - No Place For Disgrace 7/10

This was fucking awesome! I need to check this album out. That middle passage.

Metalucifer - Heavy Metal Samurai 8.5/10

One of the greatest bands in existence. F.O.A.D.Y.C. that disagree. HREAVY METARL SAMRALALALI!

Sabbat - Samurai Zombies 8/10

I still fucking need Karisma argh this is a painful reminder! Why you so hard find for cheap budday?

Cacophony - Sword Of The Warrior 6.5/10

Drum sound totally pissed me off, I hate that pointless nutless clicking shite! Rest was good though.

Nightstryke - The Story Of The Forty Seven Ronin 9/10

I love this, totally epic and melodic and raw. Also the song is about one of my favourite tales. Perhaps a little too long for what it is.

Enforcer - Katana 7/10

One of the few bands gone mainstream but maintained greatness. Not a huge fan or anything but it's just catchy and classic heavy metal and you can't hate that if you're a true fan of metal music.

Hellhound - Samurai Warrior 7.5/10

Never heard of this band before! Finally something I can take away from this playlist.

CrXygS3.gif

Last edited:
Geisha Goner - The Fallen Race 4.5/10
Really clunky and awkward at times, especially the dumb ass vocals, but it had a certain charm that I felt made it all work. Unfortunately I fail to see what this has to do with the theme, is it about the samurai way of life or something? It's not about classical samurai since it mentions guns, so...

It's about the end of the samurai. If you've seen "The Last Samurai". It's about that.

Tokyo Blade - Warriors of the Rising Sun - 8/10
Geisha Goner - The Fallen Race - 5/10
Martyr - Speed of Samurai - 3/10
Flotsam & Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace - 8/10
Metalucifer - Heavy Metal Samurai - 0/10
Sabbat - Samurai Zombies - 4/10
Cacophony - Sword of the Warrior - 7/10
Nightstryke - The Story of the Forty Seven Ronin - 3/10
Enforcer - Katana - 7/10
Hellhound - Samurai Warrior - 6/10

Tokyo Blade - Warriors of the Rising Sun

6/10

Tokyo Blade is cool but this song doesn't ave enough energy to capture the samurai spirit.

Geisha Goner - The Fallen Race

6/10

Pretty good.

Martyr - Speed of Samurai

7/10

Goofy vocals and bizarre production quality. Love the rumbly bass.

Flotsam & Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace

7.5/10

An excellent song. A bit obvious, but the playlist wouldn't be complete without it.

Metalucifer - Heavy Metal Samurai

8.5/10

Barbaric! Metalucifer rules. Giving this a zero while accusing other people of hating fun is pathetic.

Sabbat - Samurai Zombies

6/10

Old school thrashy black goodness.

Cacophony - Sword of the Warrior

4/10

The vocalist is also annoying and thw general composition is lacking despite its impressive flashiness.

Nightstryke - The Story of the Forty Seven Ronin

5/10

This is a bit goofy but I like the spirit of it. It needs work to get beyond a middling score.

Enforcer - Katana

7/10

This is extremely fun.

Hellhound - Samurai Warrior

8.5/10

These Japanese old school guys rule. I love the goofy vocals.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Tokyo Blade - Warriors of the Rising Sun
9/10.

Geisha Goner - The Fallen Race
5.5/10.

Martyr - Speed of Samurai
7/10.

Flotsam & Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace
0/10. Know whats worse than in crowd picks winning every round? decent thrash songs beating better songs because the couple thrash guys here downrate the superior choices.

Metalucifer - Heavy Metal Samurai

4/10. This is actually not very good. Sorry guys, I tried. Vocals are horrendous.

Sabbat - Samurai Zombies

10/10. This was what I wanted to pick. Oh well.

Cacophony - Sword of the Warrior

5/10.

Nightstryke - The Story of the Forty Seven Ronin

6/10.

Enforcer - Katana
7.5/10

Hellhound - Samurai Warrior

8/10.