Themed Mixtape Game

Do you like Slayer a lot despite having this opinion? You were specifically accused of this earlier in the conversation. I just want to know if it's true.

Show No Mercy has a lot of great jams on it and Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood are definitely definitive and classic and amazing and everything that Ozzman wishes they were but I just don't really give a shit about any of them either, so.

Tokyo Blade - Second rate riffs, vocals mixed too loud, kinda what l expected. Has a couple of pluses but the ordinary far outweighs any mystique for this tune. 5/10

Geisha Goner - Poor man's..uh groove...tired..generic 'not' Heavy...feeble...did l say tired?...
This blows. Even the solo sucks major clitorus . This reminds me of Monstrosity....crappy tone DM done badly 2/10

Martyr - Nice to hear the bass and some riffs that could pass muster, vocal is dire tho and where does this tune go.....no nowhere...it's got it's points but the vocal and structure kill this 6/10

Flotsam and Jetsam - l was never a fan and still aint. They could/can play but there's never been anything there to make this band my own. Kind of an industry standard without my support. It's not bad or badly done they just haven't ever hit that spot 6/10

Metalucifer - Reminds me of Loudness but rawer and not necessarily as clever. This is good, feel good warm comforting metal. l Couldn't listen to this for too long tho 7/10

Sabbat - l dig some of the riffs in this, they're just all over the place. This band is organised chaos. Actually the riffs bore me 4/10

Cacophony - By far the best tune on this yet. That's skills and tune Heavy and tight. Friedman and Becker delivered tune after tune 9/10

Nightstryke - Up the 'Maidens 4/10

Enforcer - Old school bliss. this is sweet, reminiscence of old riffs and future sounds 6/10

Hellhound - Sounds like a Mike Vescera fronted everyday Japanese glam metal band. 4/10

Hey @CASSETTEISGOD just found Karisma @ hells headbangers. They also have the rare as fuck The Dwelling. Guess it just got reissued. Added 3 more of their albs to my collection either way.

Reactions: CiG
Tapping the Vein is really overrated. As usual for them, the sound/performance is nice, but the songwriting is nothing.

Tokyo Blade - Warriors of the Rising Sun

I never really bothered listening to Tokyo Blade much. I’m sure I listened to a couple songs at one point but I don’t think I’ve ever even heard a full album. This was better than I expected, the sound and vocal performance is great, this moody melodic style of NWOBHM really works for me on occasion because you can’t really find it anywhere else. It seemed to be a little overlong but the dramatic climax made up for that. Great stuff. 8/10.

Geisha Goner - The Fallen Race

One of the weaker songs on the album, too triplet-chuggy. Hilarious vocals though. 5/10.

Martyr - Speed of Samurai

Much better than the Canadian band, pure Maiden-loving trad. 7/10.

Flotsam & Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace

10/10.

Metalucifer - Heavy Metal Samurai

Good chorus and the vocalist has passion, but everything else is pretty lame. Metal for people that enjoy metal ironically but are too delusional and strung out to realize it. 3/10.

Sabbat - Samurai Zombies

What the fuck, do you guys only recommend the earliest stuff and The Dwelling to hide that they actually have good riffs on some of their less known stuff? This is awesome, I’ve heard people compare them to Destruction but never found them even in the same ballpark until this. Although there’s a cool mournful Adramelch melodic speed metal vibe here as well. Downloading this album now. 9/10.

Cacophony - Sword of the Warrior

Never listened to this second album, thought the first had its moments but was kinda overrated. This is surprisingly Watchtower/Juggernaut-esque, awkward production, awkward vocals, rambling almost-thrash riffs, I love it. Ooh these are some sexy leads too. Another one straight to the immediate listening pile. 9/10.

Nightstryke - The Story of the Forty Seven Ronin

Pretty basic, and what the fuck is up with this recording? Is the drummer recording on his laptop’s microphone or something? Some points for having their heart in the right place though. 4/10.

Enforcer – Katana

I like some of what Enforcer has done, but this is a little too emulative of generic NWOBHM stuff. Although somehow I still remember that chorus even though I probably haven’t heard the album since it came. Really it’s the reliance on that ONE and a TWO and a THREE and riff that Iron Maiden overused to hell, combined with the McBrain-style drumming that hurts this song. They got better when they upped the speed metal. 4/10.

Hellhound - Samurai Warrior

Uninteresting and generic. 3/10.