Themed Mixtape Game

Agalloch - Falling Snow 5/10
I used to really like Agalloch, but this is one of their weaker tracks.

lol it's obviously one of their best songs, along with Hallways of Enchanted Ebony. I can see why people dislike vocals there but the guitars are just really nice and atmospheric.

I actually listened to this last week but forgot to come back and rate. Might be a little out of order but I'm on the train and trying to go from memory.

Manowar- Mountain: 8/10 this isn't typical of Manowar but I really liked it.

Bathory- Enter Your Mountain: 7.5/10. Though this track isn't my favorite when I think back to this album it's still a good track nonetheless.

Summoning - Caradhras: 8.5/10. Fucking love Summoning.

Death - Crystal Mountain: 7/10. I like this track. There's part where it sounds like it's going in circles (not exactly sure how to explain it) and I really like it. It's the riff and it happens again towards the end. It's kinda my favorite part of the track.

Agalloch- Falling Snow 6.5/10. I like Agalloch but this track isn't their best. Really enjoyable moments in there though.

Alda- In the Wake of the Iron Wind. 5/10 I actually really enjoyed the last 3 minutes of this more than the entire song.

Deaf Dealer - Escape from a Mountain 9/10. This was awesome. Haven't heard of them before and it was a pleasant surprise. Cassette's choice?

Eluveitie - call of the Mountain i'm willing to bet like $10 this was aug's choice. This track is absolute garbage and I really can't stand this band. 1/10

Sort Vokter - Fjellstev 7/10. I liked it but I have to be in the mood for it.

I - Mountains: I actually have this album. I can see why people don't necessarily like it but I like the musicianship on it. The track isn't that memorable though, collectively. They have better ones. 5/10

And then again mountains is a pretty common theme in metal. If we do fish or taxes there won't be as many. ;)

Good thought, but this was everyone's first time, so I wanted to be gentle.

Lol @ the irony of mountains being rock fucking hard.

Manowar - Omg more like mountains of cheese. Unlistenable to my ears. 3/10
Bathory - Much better. 7/10
Death - Always great. 9/10
Summoning - Cool atmosphere, but kind of long winded and boring. Weird synthesized horns or something. 6/10
Agalloch - I don't remember liking them as much, the last time I heard them. Nice. 8/10
Eluveitie - Forgettable. 4/10
Alda - Ehhh. Hardly goes anywhere. Vocals are alright. 5/10
Deaf Dealer - This has some energy and isn't overly long. Suffers a bit from lack of vocals (riffs are too repetitive to be instrumental only) 7/10
Sort Vokter - Ugh. Fast forwarded like 10 times and it was the same shit throughout. Is this even metal? I think not. I don't often downrate songs on youtube but... 2/10
I - Somewhat feeling this one. The intro develops very nicely. Not crazy about the vocals but they're not terrible either. 7.5/10

Manowar - 8/10. It's Manowar. Come on. They eat pussies for breakfast.
Bathory - 9/10. The Bathory song is another solid choice.
Death - 4/10. I used to be BIG into Symbolic when I was a teen but in reality it was just a bad album.
Summoning - 8/10. I haven't heard a Summoning song I don't like. This is no exception.
Agalloch - 5/10. I adore Agalloch but Ashes Against the Grain was not my favorite album. By a longshot.
Alda - 8/10. I enjoy a lot of melodicism in my black metal so this rustles my jimmies in the best possible way.
Deaf Dealer - 7/10. Was pretty good but didn't hit the sweet spot for me. Riffs are fucking rockin', but it probably needs more listens to fully appreciate the nuances so I gave it an extra point for that.
Eluveitie - 1/10. Eluveitie are fucking shit lmao. Sorry.
Sort Vokter - 8/10. I've enjoyed Folkloric Necro Metal for a long time. An absolutely beautiful atmospheric piece.
I - 7.5/10. The riffs, jeeesus. Pretty rad stuff.

And for having pleb taste. Sort Vokter rules.

Also I want to figure out who submitted the Eluveitie track. The suspense is killing me.

Reactions: CiG