Themed Mixtape Game

manowar - 4
would have been better if it were shorter and had a climactic shredding part

bathory - 5
the guy needs vocal training. cool riffs but a guitar solo wouldve made the song more interesting

death - 6
needs real death metal vocals but the riffs had my head nodding and they changed up enough so ok

summoning - 1
slow and pretty instruments dont go with black metal vocals. put them together and you get unlistenable garbage. shouldve had either epic clean vocals or evil shredding. fucking 9 1/2 minutes lol skipped

agalloch - 7
hmm nice melodic riffs, i like this. could be shorter. not much else to say but no other complaints either

eluveitie - 8
this is their most mainstream song, they have better, metal-er ones but this has mountains in it. amazing band! saw them live and they make me happy so fuck you all

alda - 6
was expecting a snoozefest but it does pick up in the middle. i can appreciate what they're going for

deaf dealer - 7
finally some fucking metal on this goddamn playlist

sort vokter - 2
aaaaand we're back to boring sleep-inducing shit

i - 4
eh

Last edited:
Manowar - Mountains 8/10 didn't expect such an epic song from Manowar

Bathory - Enter Your Mountain 6/10 some nice riffs but was too long for me

Death - Crystal Mountain 8/10 classic death song, nothing less nothing more. I often hear that this song introduces people to death metal. This one and Spirit Crusher.

Summoning - Caradhras 7/10 classic Summoning, can't go wrong with them

Agalloch - Falling Snow 8/10 nice atmospheric song, but as it was mentioned before, could be several minutes shorter

Eluveitie - Call of the Mountains 2/10 what is this evanescence?

Alda - In the Wake of an Iron Wind 8/10 a great one, I'm probably going to dig this.

Deaf Dealer - Escape from the Witch Mountain 7/10 nice instrumental, I liked it.

Sort Vokter - Fjellstev 4/10 I assume this is an intro/outro thing, isn't it?

Fuck, some of these songs were really long. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the appropriate video for (Abbath's) I as it is seems to be unavailable in my country.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Manowar - Mountains 8/10 didn't expect such an epic song from Manowar

this is like saying "didn't expect such a doomy song from candlemass"

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the appropriate video for (Abbath's) I as it is seems to be unavailable in my country.

i had the same issue but posted a different one in my post if you missed it.

Reactions: Vilden and CiG
I was thinking of rating these songs, but I decided not to go through the trouble, since I don't have a horse in this race anyway.

@HamburgerBoy
Stop humping your fucking pillow and do this shit. It is 8:53am in my area... You have 12 hours.

At 9pm tonight I'll post who submitted what, in order of average score. And a winner will be announced.

For the record y'all should keep who did what to yourselves until it's officially revealed. It's fun to think personal preference of poster doesn't affect shit, but it probably does. Don't make this a GMD social hierarchy thing.

Reactions: The Butt and CiG
Coincidentally I was in a record shop today with my girlfriend and came across the Eluveitie vinyl of this album and I picked it up, pointed at it, and said "this is pedophile music". Then we continued browsing the other vinyls.

Alright HBB, good thing your ass didn't win anyways because nope. But that was close.

In order of average score:

Bathory - Enter Your Mountain = 7.41 (CASSETTEISGOD)
Deaf Dealer - Escape from the Witch Mountain = 7.36 (HAMBURGERBOY)
Manowar - Mountains = 6.95 (NO COUNTRY FOR OLD WAINDS)
Summoning - Caradhras = 6.95 (MASTER_YODA77)
Sort Vokter - Fjellstev = 5.81 (OMNI)
Death - Crystal Mountain = 5.68 (BAROQUE)
Agalloch - Falling Snow = 5.68 (ESPADA)
(Abbath's) I - Mountains = 5.27 (ONDER)
Alda - In the Wake of an Iron Wind = 5 (THE BUTT)
Eluveite - Call of the Mountains = 2.59 (ARG)

Congrats @CASSETTEISGOD ! I pass the torch to you. Do well, game master.