Themed Mixtape Game

haha god, I love this forum. It helps me to cope with my neurosis. You guys arguing over Exmortus and HBB's post saying that Consuming Impulse isnt a death metal album are brilliant.

Exactly, it’s so easy to set off California wildfires around here

My practice has been “which song can I submit to start the most fights” for the past year or so, lol

Reactions: EspaDa
fuck yes. The first five Sepultura recordings destroy anything manowar have ever released or could have ever dreamed of releasing. You would have to be a major poser to even imply otherwise.

Sepultura became posers shortly after Wagner Antichrist left, streamlining their sound and selling out with every successive album.

You argue with everyone in every topic on this board that I saw since I joined. Do you have anything to do off the computer? I don't think so.
Is that right? I have a certain group of people here that i always argue with, you are more than welcome to join. Or you know what, i'll just go ahead and add you to the list anyway.

LET ME RACE TO A 100 POSTS SO I CAN GET IN ON THE ALT ACTION! :lol: screw you and manowar.

Last edited:
The Chasm - Eternal Cycle of Delusion
6/10

Sounds too muted to really drive home the idea of delusion. I'm sure lyrically there's some excellent points to be made but music isn't a written art, it's meant to be encompassing. There's some shredding that has a sort of maelstrom-like whirling quality, and that is where I could see some real relevance. OK song, OK adherence.

Eulogy - Consecration of Fools
2/10

Super meh. Don't like the music, don't feel any sense of delusion, by either definition of the word. Just trudges along, dully, insistently, lamely.

The Krixhjälters - Mulling Over Anaesthesia
7/10

Definitely narcissistic and contemplative, confused and confusing. It seems to talk to itself, which I find crucial for the theme. I can imagine a drooling old man wandering in circles shouting at everyone including himself about his 'truth'.

Deceased - Morbid Shape in Black
8/10

The terror of delusion, hesitant steps and screams. The sampling of the chick made me think of the lady in the yellow wallpaper, just pure self destructive imagined horror and bashing your head against the wall till it bleeds trying to make them go away. This is someone's alter-ego, whispering danger and bad ideas. Really cool song, really good on theme.

Addictive - Echoes Of The Mind
7/10

Looking behind the shoulder, whipping around to the front, cracking neck as one looks desperately to the left and the right, wide eyed and uncertain. I think clean vocals do a much better job with this theme, delusion is just such a mortal feeling and harsh vocals sound too either otherworldly or forced to really convey that message. This isn't an excellent song but it sounds the most mortal to me thus far.

Fates Warning - The Arena
7.5/10

This is more sorrowful than the other tracks thus far. It's the song of a man trapped in delusion, but seeing the bright light of sanity and balance somewhere in the horizon, before the storm covers it mercilessly and he's again left unhinged. Dig it.

Exmortus - Metal Is King
6/10

Lol I like ironic humor. I'm not sure if that was the submission's intention but it's good stuff. Not a great band IMO, no idea how they become a topic of discussion for like five fucking pages. Too bad they don't do more falsetto, it'd be way way better.

Aborym - III
3/10

This again sounds too supernatural to be on theme. There's a fine line between a voice sounding like a guiding demon, an internalization, and just an "I'm gonna kill everything" force of evil. This is far too much the latter.

Thin Lizzy - Waiting For An Alibi
3/10

Not thematic far as I can tell, more like a story bout some guy. Good band but wtf mate.

Despair - Delusion
6/10

Chorus of bad influences, telling a normal dude to join them, to kill for them, to become a great one. He cries no, they say yes, he embraces it, they crown him. Nice dizzying work, not particularly poignant but adds the necessary layering.

Atrox - Mental Nomads
3.5/10

Hell yeah to those vocals. I love 'oriental' influenced vocal performances. Alas, it is too, again, muted for this theme. Her voice is too thin and intentional to convey what it needs to. It's structured without passion, this sounds more like a theater performance than a confession. And the instruments themselves aren't exactly up to the task on their own. Shame.

Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
1.5/10

Wow right away I so do not care for that production. It sounds like a toy keyboard. I could look up the lyrics and verify adherence but I really don't feel like it and shouldn't have to and my god this is fucking so bad but I'm sure most of the forum loves it and I hope your dicks or tits fall off but this does sound better than the sound they'd make hitting the floor. Almost near the end of the playlist fuck it.

Crimson Glory - Lost Reflection
8.5/10

I really love the presence of a more dizzying, madness-induced soliloquy that only vocals of this caliber can produce. This is just pure hermit, pacing a dusty attic and talking to himself, muttering at the walls, discussions with the windows, screaming at the mirror. Conferring with the door. Cackling. Worrying. Great band, great song for theme, just way too short with only one real crescendo.

Exmortus - Metal Is King
6/10

Lol I like ironic humor.

See, someone gets it! It's not hard, be more like this person

This pick made me laugh due to the irony of calling "Metal is King" a delusion on a metal forum, and started fights about Exmortus at the same time. And I've picked it before for the same game. It's like a triple troll so I had to pick it

Last edited: