Themed Mixtape Game

It's okay, I get it, you don't understand the way the English language interacts with context and that putting "pretty" before something doesn't alter the way you interpret a sentence.

We should move on. :D
The way i interpret it? Again, your failure to understand the most basic of my statements(which you already showcased in the other thread where i had to break down and spoon feed a basics statement 15 times for you), which was me pointing out how his thought process works shows that the only person here that is having trouble with comprehension is you buddy. And you know this becaue you have seen these same statements from him regarding plenty of other album ... shit he just admitted to it again in one of the above posts. but yes, you just go ahead and continue to ignore what you want when trying to argue with me. :rolleyes:

Depends on context
no, it doesn't. Answer yes or not. You've done it before, do it again. Im not asking for you to explaint what else you think they are or not .... just a simple yes or a no.

1) Is Coroners RIP a thrash metal album
2) Is Consuming Impulse a death metal album
3) Is Unquestionable Presence a death metal album
4) Is Hell Awaits a death metal album
5) Is None So Vile a "thrash/doom classic"?

YES or NO

According to the terms 'thrash' and 'death' as I see them:

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No (but None Shall Defy is)

He's referring to his consistent bewilderment with your genre classifications including your classification of In Hatred's Flame.

I understand why he would use that argument to show that I'm wrong, but I don't understand how he's using it to interpret my use of "pretty melodeath" as saying the album is 100% melodeath.

Reactions: CiG
imo, genre labels are only useful when they are consistent. Factoring in songwriting/riff-craft, what albums sound the most like Consuming Impulse, other than other Pestilence albums? SBG/Leprosy sound nothing like it. Cause of Death sounds nothing like it. Altars of Madness sounds maybe marginally like it. The -tions sound nothing like it. With the exception of Eructation, I don't know any other Dutch "death metal" bands that sound like it. Closest I've been able to find are 89-91 Coroner, Believer's Sanity Obscure, and Chemical Breath's Fatal Exposure. Hence, it's a thrash metal album.