Themed Mixtape Game

See, someone gets it! It's not hard, be more like this person

This pick made me laugh due to the irony of calling "Metal is King" a delusion on a metal forum, and started fights about Exmortus at the same time. And I've picked it before for the same game. It's like a triple troll so I had to pick it

You seriously call out your own pick in almost every fucking game lol. It's like explaining a joke, shut up, you're ruining everything.

Reactions: Baroque
gd.jpg

The Chasm - Eternal Cycle of Delusion 8/10

"Are we all dead? Is everything lost? And the price we paid, it was worth it?"
A torrid and mesmerizing silence was the answer.

Eulogy - Consecration of Fools 7/10

Never heard of these guys but that was awesome.

The Krixhjälters - Mulling over Anaesthesia 7.5/10

This just oozes HBB to me. Really interesting song, comes from left-field in many ways, especially the lyrics. Walking a fine line between shit and genius.

Deceased - Morbid Shape in Black 9/10

I don't hear anything wrong with the production. I think this is fucking amazing.

Addictive - Echoes of the Mind 7.5/10

This was surprisingly engrossing. I got so caught up in listening that I didn't have any thoughts to put down. :lol:

Fates Warning - The Arena 10/10

Fucking hell. This is just perfection.

Exmortus - Metal is King 6.5/10

This is okay, not grabbing me much.
I love that guy's Sign of the Hammer Manowar tattoo on his upper arm though. :D

Aborym - III 5/10

I almost wrote this song off because of the first 50 seconds being absolute dogshit, but it changed up and engaged me. Ended up not minding it.

Thin Lizzy - Waiting for an Alibi 2/10

Not metal. 2 points for being thematic.
Don't be a useless lazy cunt next time, whoever chose this song.

Despair - Delusion 7/10

I used to own this on tape but traded it ages ago for something I else, I forget what. I regret doing that.

Atrox - Mental Nomads 8.5/10

Such a hypnotizing and schizophrenic band. Don't know what it is because this kind of band doesn't usually do something for me, but I think it's the sheer bravery of pairing these kind of vocals with this kind of music. It touches me in my weird spot.

Kate Bush being given LSD and told to channel Grace Slick while a progressive metal band provides the backdrop.

Eucharist - A Velvet Creation 5/10

These drums can kiss my fucking ass and die. This is so wispy and wafer-thin but there's clearly some strange magic going on stopping me from hating this as much as I should, but it also isn't exactly impressing me much.

Sorry, there's something here I feel I should be getting but I'm not. Maybe in another context.

Crimson Glory - Lost Reflection 8/10

My God what a brilliant build up and what a satisfying final burst of energy and emotion to end the playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1uZk3joaNcLY2E1AqXm6a5Bm6S64XQxe&disable_polymer=true

The Chasm - Eternal Cycle of Delusion - 8 nice, could be trimmed
Eulogy - Consecration of Fools - 8 good, needs something to make it memorable
The Krixhjälters - Mulling Over Anaesthesia - 8, never heard of them, surprisingly fun
Deceased - Morbid Shape in Black - 9, sick, holy shit
Addictive - Echoes Of The Mind - 8, sweet
Fates Warning - The Arena 7, like the riffs not the vox
Exmortus - Metal Is King 9, are you happy baroque ARE YOU HAPPY
Aborym - III 10, black metal for dancing fuck yea
Thin Lizzy - Waiting For An Alibi - 9, i wanna have hairy 70s sex to this
Despair - Delusion 6, guitars fine but vox lame
Atrox - Mental Nomads 5, da fack iz dis sum moozlim shiet
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation - 1 no redeeming factors
Crimson Glory - Lost Reflection - 1 this playlist had an awesome start but really dropped off in the end lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Baroque