Themed Mixtape Game

i have a track that sort of works, but isn't as on point as i thought it was before looking up the lyrics :( might submit it anyways

How long before you keep the victory but pass gamekeeper down to 2nd place?

(Could be wrong but d&b doesn't seem super into it, imo)

Last edited:
Yeah like if you have at least 5 entries that's good enough, don't wait on a trilogy album of our shitty tastes. Nobody wants that.

Sorry for taking so long

BLUE COLLAR:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLblGPaoxiZkmsePM4s5ppIRct1_0MMHG1

Lamp of Thoth - The Slog
Violator - Dead to this World
Motorhead - (We Are) The Road Crew
Overkill - I Hate
Zoetrope - Amnesty
Spiritus Mortis - The Man of Steel
Pentagram - Because I Made It (Demo)
The Ruiner - The Bull
Burning Fallus - Drowning in Bliss

Last edited:
Lamp of Thoth - The Slog

Today I learned that Jex Thoth and Lamp of Thoth are not the same thing. Really poor Saint Vitus clone. Nothing good to say about this song except that it’s topical. 2/10.

Solid song from a solid band, definitely some good riffs in there and the production and performance are how retro-thrash should be, but doesn’t seem very blue-collar to me. It’s more political and about consumer culture. 6/10 – half points = 3/10. 6/10.

Motorhead isn’t a personal fave but still a very good song and perfect representative of blue-collar metal. 7.5/10.

Overkill - I Hate

Bobby Blitz is one of the only guys that could get away with a rant like this. Love the attitude and the pacing. 8/10.

Zoetrope – Amnesty

Really need to give Zoetrope another chance. This song itself wasn’t amazing, kind of repetitive, but I do tend to forget what an ugly street-thrash sound they had, definitely doing the job in the mindset for a blue-collar playlist even if the lyrics are a little less direct. 7/10.

This was enjoyable although I found myself losing focus during its three minute duration. More importantly though, uh, Superman lyrics? I thought maybe there’d be some metaphor about the working man being the strongest part of our economy or something like that but I don’t see the relevance at all. Unless comic superheroes are supposed to be an inherently blue-collar interest, which I disagree with. 5/10 – half points = 2.5/10.

Haven’t heard this one before, good emotional blues-doom, but blue-collar? I can see how it could be relatable, but seems like pure introspection and depression overall. If there were any reference to the kind of work done to ‘make it’ I’d give it full points but I dunno. I mean, even if going from an obscure underground metal band to the mainstream qualifies as blue-collar work, this song was apparently first demoed in 1996 so I doubt it’s about the band themselves. 7/10 – half = 3.5/10.

The Ruiner - The Bull

Huh, M-A rejected this band and they’re one of the heavier stoner bands I’ve heard in these playlists. Can’t find the lyrics but that YouTube comment about the band’s explanation sounds good enough for me. 7/10.

Burning Fallus - Drowning in Bliss

One of the most thematic songs, but unfortunately sounds kind of amateur, weak riffs and chorus. 4/10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satanstoenail
Lamp of Thoth - The Slog
This was not too bad. 7/10

This is great. I've been pretty reluctant to check out much modern thrash because what I've heard has usually been lame as hell, but this rules. Great riffs, production and vocals. 9.5/10

doesn’t seem very blue-collar to me. It’s more political and about consumer culture.
It seems to be about immigrant workers being stuck working for large companies with terrible conditions etc. Thematic enough for me.

Classic greatness and on theme as fuck. 9/10

Overkill - I Hate

I've never been into this band apart from getting into Horrorscope for a bit when it came out. I can't stand Bobby Blitz. This song is typical Overkill; crap riffs, annoying vocals and stupid lyrics abound. 4/10

Zoetrope - Amnesty

This wasn't offensive but didn't do much for me. 5/10

Yuck. 2/10

You didn't make it, you beat up your mother and now you're in jail and this song is shit. 4/10

The Ruiner - The Bull

Huge heavy stoner metal, great production & vocals. 9/10

Burning Fallus - Drowning in Bills

Drowning in Bills, not Bliss. Either way, pretty lame. 3/10

It seems to be about immigrant workers being stuck working for large companies with terrible conditions etc. Thematic enough for me.

Oops, reading comprehension failed me, I knee-jerked and thought it was about the consumer being a slave to buying shit. Danke, I'll give it full points.