Quicksand Dream - Road Goes Ever On
Garden Of Shadows - Twilight Odyssey
Absu - Feis Mor Tir Na N'Og
Illuminati - Gulliver's Extraordinary Journey
Book Of Reflections - Guardian of Time
Unleash the Archers - Apex

breath-of-the-wild.jpg

Psychotic Waltz - Another Prophet Song 10/10

Starting this journey on a very high note!
I'm currently on the search for this album (hardly a treasure hunt, just keeping a casual eye out for it) and many other progressive metal benchmark albums. I owe this newfound appreciation almost entirely to GMD. I've really fallen hard for this band.

Slough Feg - Asteroid Belts 9/10
The idea of space travel within the concept of adventure fiction is really underrated and what better band than Lord Weird Scalzi & The Slough Fegs to represent the intergalactic epic journey for us?

Legend - The Golden Bell 10/10
This is the holy grail of epic metal for me, which is just as much about the elusive fucking nature of it than it is about quality. Reissue this damn thing already!

Aeternus - Warrior of the Crescent Moon 9.5/10
One of these days I really need to put more effort into getting into black metal like this. That was fantastic, really suited both the theme as well as the atmosphere established by the previous songs even with the harshness of its elements it fits so well. Great theme perception for whoever chose this.

Coincidentally I started battling a Silver Lynel in Breath of the Wild as this song started and the battle lasted the entire length of the song. Tough bastards.

Sinister Realm - The Crystal Eye 7/10
Killer headbanging traditional doom that rocks hard! Cool soaring chorus as well. :kickass:

Μillennium - The Traveller 9/10
This was the album I regret not putting in my GMD Poll: 1984 list. I completely forgot about it, which seems ironic and typical since it's probably the most overlooked, underrated NWOBHM album of all time considering how absolutely fucking amazing it is. Hail Millennium!

Blitzkrieg - Vikings 9.5/10
To my shame (and surprise) I'd never actually checked out much by Blitzkrieg, I have a NWOBHM compilation featuring them but just never delved further than that. Boy is that shit about to change, holy fuck that was so good!

Runemagick - At Horizon's End 8.5/10
Jesus, this must be the part of the epic journey where you get stuck in a dungeon filled with bats, goblins and giant spiders. Absolutely vicious, relentless and pummeling!
Then the slowed down plodding part around 3:00 is when the huge troll walks out from the shadows...

Quicksand Dream - Road Goes Ever On 9.5/10
Anytime I hear this specific song it gets trapped in my head for days...
No secret that I adore this record and I unashamedly sang along to this.

Garden of Shadows - Twilight Odyssey 8.5/10
I'm listening to a lot of the weird romantic/gothic/melodic death/doom these days like Seventh Angel, The Gathering and Paramæcium so this slots right in with my current mood. Great stuff, I've seen it posted recently in one of the GMD games I believe.

Absu - Feis Mor Tir Na N'Og 8.5/10
I grew up reading stories about Cú Chulainn and the Irish celtic canon so these lyrics really do it for me and of course, Absu are Gods.

Illuminati - Gulliver's Extraordinary Journey 8/10
Musically that was fucking amazing, not sure about the lyrics being thematic though. Whatever, I like this track too much to care.

Book Of Reflections - Guardian of Time 9/10
Totally new to my ears, I swear I never thought much of neoclassical metal but these last few years anytime I've heard something in the genre it has blown me away. This is so epic!

Unleash the Archers - Apex 6.5/10
Pretty gay, not the kind of female vocals I really like all that much (almost sounds like a pop ballad diva type) but I'm riding on such a high that I can overlook it in the context of this playlist and how epic it has been.

Clapping-GIF-Image-Download-5.gif

Last edited:
8/10, facial structure is too masculine and obviously this expression is unflattering, but what can I say, I like glasses, piercings and dark hair.